Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Kissed by the Sun!!
written by Sue, Thursday January 20, 2011~
When I opened my eyes this morning I says to me... " I want to sleep under sun kissed sheets tonight," so I got busy and stripped the bed, and started the laundry. Now, when I strip the bed, I take everything off and wash  or air it, yes even the pillows.
Speaking of pillows, this is what is left of one of my pillows, it came apart in the washer and I had a mess. I loved this pillow too, it was so soft.

 I love to sleep on linens and lay my head on pillows that have been washed and kissed by the sun.

I also said to me, "I will stay put inside except to hang clothes out, and walk, I will, I will no matter what."
When I got the bed linens going in the washer, I decided to start cleaning the bedroom, you know dusting, cleaning out the dresser drawers, etc. I was doing fine until a phone call from Mr. P asking me to hurry to the barn,...

that the second ewe of the day was having her lambs, one born and she was fixing to have another. So I grabbed my camera and here I went. It took about an hour for her to have them and clean them up. Usually it is a good thing if you are around to make sure they nurse. Dh and I stood there so amazed at the wonder of how these lambs and mother related to each other, and how the babies new exactly where to go to get their first nourishment, the colostrum is the most important first nutrient for any newborn.....

I absolutely did not want to walk today, but I pushed myself, and put one foot before the other, and did get it done. I had done so well with being faithful, but today was one of those days where I didn't want to, but because of making a public commitment here on my blog, I knew I needed to stick with it. And when I finished I was so glad that I did, and it was strength from the Lord, that helped me too.

Now here's another one for you, I didn't want to fix dinner tonight as I was tired from cleaning, helping out at the barn, not to mention walking 2.5 miles. So what is a girl to do when she feels this way?
Ask for help from the One who will give it so freely every time. I asked the Lord to give me strength.
Isaiah 40:31~but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. There are so many verses in the Bible about strength and how God will strengthen us. It is there for a reason, many times I quote these scriptures when I am weak, whether physically, spiritually, or emotionally.


 I came in the house and went straight to the kitchen, got the homemade meat sauce that I had canned last summer, added tomatoes, a few more spices,cooked the spaghetti, mixed with the sauce,put cheese on top and broiled it, hence baked spaghetti, so delicious.

 made cole slaw, and that was it. I won't tell you what we had for dessert, you might chastise me. lol


Canning during the summer really pays off in the winter, especially on days like today. lol
I am so thankful to be  sleeping under these sun kissed sheets tonight, and  believe me  I will be sniffing away.lol
Hugs,
Sue

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Ooooh the baby lambs are adorable! Oh my! Thanks for taking a picture of them to share with us....

and I agree about the sheets....

and the spagetti looks yummy!

Jenni

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

I don't think there is anything more wonderful than sheets that have been hung on the line to dry! Your poor pillow! I know you will sleep very sound tonight and have beautiful dreams!

The little lambs are so adorable - makes me want to snuggle with them!

Aren't you glad your mom taught you to can? Every time I open a home canned jar of anything, I thank my sweet mother! Your baked spaghetti looked so delish! Don't feel bad about dessert - you walked!!

Warm hugs,
Barb

Trish said...

Just precious - those beautiful little lambs!!
And I agree Sue, sun-kissed linens are the best :-)
What a great day you had!
blessings..Trish

Happy@Home said...

I totally agree with your thinking on sleeping on sun-kissed sheets. The smell is heavenly. Sadly, I live in one of those neighborhoods where clotheslines are forbidden. Once in a while I put my pillowcases on a folding rack on the patio to air dry.
I can't even imagine how exciting it would be to see those sweet little lambs being born. Thank you for sharing the photo. I'm in love :).

Your dinner looks delish. Enjoy and have a great weekend.

Farm Girl said...

What a great day, I love the picture of the baby lambs. Your jars of sauce looks so yummy and I love sheets dried on the line.

I have been busy as the saying goes from sun up to sun down. So I will be glad when bedtime comes and I bet you will too.

So glad you wrote, and you did all of the things you did today as it spurs me on too.
Have a lovely weekend, My dear, dear friend.

Elena said...

Those little lambs look so cute. The little girl across the street from me when I was little always got a lamb to bottle feed from her grandparents farm. We had so much fun with that little lamb. I am so glad the Lord gave you strength for the day! God bless you!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

How peaceful this post is...my friend just returned from a visit near me and her ewe had twins...so cute. I have never hung out my linens, but we did when I was a child and we also ironed them.
Your meal looks wonderful...and yes, He gives us all strength.
Yea on your walking!! Keep it up!!

Now how do I follow this blog of yours...I am on the other one, but don't get this one in my feeder? Oh, well I will just search it out off and on.