Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Our Miracle Lamb...
Written by Sue, February16, 2011
Today while walking I decided to stop and let the sheep out to graze. I was in such a hurry to get back to my walking I didn't notice that a new lamb, had been left behind by his mother,  when I came back around I noticed he was out in the pasture all by himself, and looked very weak. I went and picked him up...  he just melted in my arms,and my heart melted too!! I warmed him with my down jacket and took him to Mr. P..... We both new what had happened...
here is the mother with his sister

 the mother who was a new ewe had twins, and was not up to looking after two newborns. So evidently he didn't sleep next to her last night, and because of low temps. at night, and her not giving him the nourishment he needed he was near death.

Husband jumped in the truck and off to the feed store he went. By the time he had gotten back home the little lamb was almost gone, I told dh that I thought he was almost  comatose, and that it was probably too late.   "Oh ye of little faith!! Yes, I am guilty!!

DH said "I am not giving up". He took the bottle of supplement and sat down to feed him. The poor little lamb was so weak, he could not even nurse the bottle, his body had stiffened. Mr. P. had to squeeze the milk in his mouth, and rub his throat to swallow, after a few minutes I took him to the truck wrapped him up and turned the heater on, all day he and I rode with Mr P. while he was mending fences.

By this afternoon, he was nursing the bottle, and was very alert. We let him out and he was running around like nothing had been wrong with him. DH had a hard time catching him,What a miracle!!!!

He is now as snug as a bug in a rug in our laundry room, and is fed every 4 hrs.. I wonder who will have the first watch of the night?LOL
He is being spoiled
His name is Speckle, and he will be called "Speck" Yes our animals must have names..... Susie, Katie, Olivia, and Sophia named him. I think the name just fits him to a tee!!
So!! How was your day? I hope it was filled with many blessing!
Sue

18 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Sue,
Oh, my heart melted at this story...and for that precious little lamb, Speckle ;) :) What a miracle :) :) :)
My day has been good :) :) Very quiet...but in this season of "in between" jobs God is continuing to provide for myself and my Dad. It's miraculous and I'm grateful :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :)

p.s. I'm going to tell my dad about Speckle. We like to pray and share stories at night. Usually my dad shares a story. Tonight I"ll have a good one to tell and I'll make sure to credit you for this. Thanks for making me smile :) :)

Julie Harward said...

Bless your mama heart...he is a darling little soul, so glad you guys saved him! ;D

Jenni said...

What a sweet story... and what a precious little lamb. I am so touched by the tiny little lamb's helplessness and y'all's tender care of him....(rather like God cares for His little lambs when we are weak and helpless)

Please keep us posted on how 'Lil Speckle gets on...

Hugs, Jenni

Cheryl said...

Awwwwww...I am so glad that you shared this heart-warming story! What a precious little thing, that Speckles! (And he is blessed to have such a loving Dad and Mom...great job you guys!)

Happy@Home said...

Oh Sue, what a sweet, sweet story. I'm so glad you shared it. That picture of your DH feeding Speckle is just precious.

Debbie said...

Oh Sue I just LOVED this sweet story!! What a precious little lamb. His name IS just perfect. Mel will love this story and I can't wait to tell her about it. She often gets into the pen with the newborn calves (they are kept there for a couple of days) and cuddles and plays with them. soo sweet. What a wonderful day. Thanks again for the prayers... HUGS

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh how precious...I can't wait to share this with Benjamin...I am also sending it to my friend who is having little lambs at her farm also...one of hers had twins.
Oh, so glad it is okay...and yes, isn't He faithful...at all times, even when it doesn't turn out the way we hope...but how sweet when it does.

Farm Girl said...

What a very nice sweet story. I am so glad that he pulled through and I love the picture of your sweet husband holding the baby feeding him the bottle. I like Speck. Nothing sweeter than a baby lamb. I am so glad you just happened to see him.
My computer has been acting up so it hasn't let me leave comments. I have been pulling my hair out. I wanted to tell you how glad I am that you are feeling better.
Blessings to you.

Vee said...

Oh my day has not been quite as delightful as this wonderful story of Speck. (I'm only sorry that it's going to mean any loss of sleep for either of you.) That little mama didn't know what a sweet boy she had when she left him on his own. Have fun with your little lamb...there's a wonderful analogy here, isn't there...

Ms.Daisy said...

Sue,
What a darling little lamb and the name Speckles is perfect for him. Good job by your hubby of keeping Speck warm and feeding him. Thanks for stopping by to say "hi."


~Jean

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

so, so, so cute!

Elena said...

What a sweet and hear warming post. He is very cute! Little lambs are so sweet.

Trish said...

Sue he's just gorgeous!
What a delightful story :-)
I hope he grows big and healthy now that your 'parenting' him so well! Who could resist such a sweet little lamb!
Bless you..Trish

Unknown said...

oh Sue,,what a tearful yet happy post.
I loved it..
Thank God you went for a walk and noticed this little guy.. but leave it to you and your husband to nurture him to happines.. running and playing in the fields with you hubby..
That is awesome.. you are awesome.
Love ya my friend..

Rebecca said...

I love the pictures of these sweet lambs & how you name & nurture them! I've been away too long, Sue. Have lots of catching up to do! Have a great weekend!

happyone said...

What a wonderful story about Speckle. So glad it had a happy ending.

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

If I lived in the same state as you I would babysit all the farm animals :o)

What a precious story, and praise the Lord for a happy ending, or beginning I should say. The pictures are to cute, I'm enjoying them so much.

God bless,
Michele

David said...

God Bless you lead you with His Love & anointing.