Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Simple Pleasures...~
A man and his friend... 
written by Sue, Wednesday, March 9, 2011
 It has been a pleasure watching Mr. P. and Lucy bond. ......

Most of you know the story of how we lost our dear German Shepherd, Maggie, last year. Just recently I asked  Mr. P. about us getting another dog,( I had been  praying for just the right one,) he said he had been looking in the paper, but was having no luck.....

Last week the phone rang, a lady at our church said she had heard about our loss, and that they had a 3 year old German Shepherd that they would like to find her  a good home.  Needless to say I was very happy. At first dh was a little concerned, as she was three, and he didn't know how well she would adjust to our other animals. But was willing to try.

As you can see all is well, she is so happy as there is a lot of territory to explore..Lucy is so well behaved and is so eager to please. When dh gets in his truck, she wants to be right there sitting beside him.What a site to see them together, just  a wonderful Simple Pleasure !!!I don't know who is the happiest,  Mr. P or Lucy. She even helped him repot some pansies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week
I have been busy spring cleaning  the house and when I have extra time (Whatever that is). LOL I am trying  to get this blog straightened out.. When I left my other blog, I wanted to get a new email address as my primary account, and as you might know, Blogger and google do not want nor will they willingly let you have a new email as your primary account.  You can have as many blogs and email accounts as you want under that first email account....... No I didn't want that, I had to have my way!

I've got a friend who is a whiz with computers and he finally got them to let me have that new account.. I now have my new email account peartreelanefarmhouse@gmail.com as my main primary account. In the process I lost a lot of  my information and am now trying to redo it.
Why am I telling this?... I lost all the  blogs that I follow, changing did away with my profile and I am now having to try and regroup, It's like I am starting out all over, which could be  good thing. So please be patient with me....

I cleaned the foyer yesterday, and started tinkering with some spring decorations. I put this lighted branch on the table and just added some colorful eggs.. I haven't got it fixed like I want yet,.... so we shall see.

It does look pretty at night, Our foyer is usually the first room our guests  see when they come, and I try to always make it warm and inviting, nothing fancy just a little touch here and there.
I guess this counts as two of many simple pleasures I have been blessed with. I hope your week has been filled with many simple pleasures too!
Sue
Psalms 37:4~Delight yourself also in the Lord,And He shall give you the desires of your heart.


I am linking up with Dayle for Simple Pleasures, please feel free to join and share or go and read more simple pleasures (HERE). or click on the icon.


Project Simple Pleasures2

26 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Lucy and your husband seem like good friends already! She's beautiful too.

Your foyer is warm, cozy and very inviting!

Farm Girl said...

I am so happy you got another dog, and she looks wonderful. I am so happy that you finally got your email fixed. My husband is a computer programmer and he pulled his hair out trying to fix mine.
Lots of hoops to jump though.
I love how your house is fixed up. It looks so homey and comfortable.
I hope you have a great rest of the week.

Debbie said...

I'm so glad to see that spot filled by such a beautiful little lady!She looks to be very well bred and she also looks like she's filled the 'person' position in her life. We all need a good dog!
Yes, I've been playing with some things around my house too. Lighting is always an issue, isn't it? Your house always looks good to me. Please put me back on your list, as I would hate for you to lose me! :D

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
Your Lucy is such a pretty dog and sure has taken to hubby quickly, isn't that great!! It looks like he is enjoying her company very much too.
thanks for coming over for Thankful thursday last week, and for your sweet comments as always. Didn't know if you saw my Tuesday post or not, but if you want to know how things turned out you might want to pop over!
Hope you are having a good week,
and are about done with the spring cleaning. I did some early, but still have some to do, but we are working on the yard for now. So maybe once I start the spring decorating next week.
Blessings sweet friend,
Nellie

Vee said...

Lucy is an elegant gal. Glad to know that she is settling in so well. I'm sure that it makes her former family happy and I know that it makes you happy. Sorry to hear about your blogger woes. Glad that you had your email set up the way you want it. Gosh! Such a simple thing one would think. Hope that you find all your friends or that they all find you. It's no fun losing a bunch of them as I did last summer. They were there and then *poof*

It's Just Dottie said...

The bond between man and dog can be very special. It looks like those two have really bonded. Your home looks so warm and special.

Christine said...

Beautiful story about Lucy. And the pictures are even cutier.
You made my day!

Susan said...

Hello Sue...So very glad your husband and the new dog get along so well. That was a great match. Your foyer looks lovely, too. I like the Easter egg tree. Makes me want to do some cleaning and Easter decorating of my own! Susan

Angel said...

Thanks for sharing both of your simple pleasures! And I love that scripture at the end of your post. Blessings!

Jenni said...

Lucy is a beautiful dog! And it's so touching to know that she and Mr. P are bonding so closely.....

Aren't pets such a wonderful gift from the Lord? They add so much simple joy and pleasure to our lives..... they love us so unconditionally...

Glad that y'all have been blessed with such a wonderful animal!

And your Spring decorations are gorgeous. I should say "simply gorgeous" because I love the simple and understated way you have chosen...so pretty!

Hugs,
Jenni

Ms.Daisy said...

Sue,
Lucy is a gorgeous dog and I'm sure she will fill your hearts with lots of love. She already has attached herself to Mr. P! I've always admired German Shepherds. I am looking to try to put some lighting in my foyer too...I may "borrow" some of your ideas! :)


~Jean

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh a man and his dog. That is great and I love the name Lucy!
I have no clue on all this stuff. I did something the other day and lost my profile then someone said my blog doesn't show up anymore...go figure.

Love your decorating, it shows you are feeling better, that is great!

Wonderful simple pleasures.

Elena said...

I love the pictures of your hubby with your dog. What a sweet face she has! It is so great for a big dog to have a farm to run around on. They are so much company. We want to get Mary a small dog in a couple of years as we have a small farm:) I love your Easter decorations! Blessings to you today dear Sue!!

Julie Harward said...

I am so happy that Lucy and the hub have formed a bond...I had a dog like this once, his name was Rebel..they are wonderful dogs. :D

Trish said...

Lucy is lovely!
I bet she's good company.
I miss our old dog :-(
Your house looks great as usual, Sue. Warm and inviting, because YOU are!!
Hope you get your blog sorted out without too much problem now.
bless you..Trish

Southern Lady said...

How wonderful for Lucy that she has a new home on your beautiful farm -- and also found a lifelong friend in the process. I know Mr P wonders what he did without her!
There's just nothing like the times shared by a man and his dog.

Your foyer looks lovely, Sue, and has inspired me to work on my "Spring wreath" today.

Hope your day is filled with sunshine and more of life's simple pleasures.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

she's a beautiful dog and that she is so willing to please is a bonus...and your place..looks beautiful.

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Sue,
How lovely that you got such a good dog.Lucy was lucky you were looking for another dog.
God Bless
Barb from Australia

Canadagirl said...

There is Never too many simple pleasures. Thank you for sharing them. They brightened my day. I just loved the story about your new dog and your hubby. Very sweet.

Blessings!
-Mary

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

One can never have too many simple pleasures. Great choices. Lucy is beautiful.

Kathleen said...

Lucy is a beautiful dog. Your man and his friend look like they've always belonged together!

mum4305 said...

Lucy is a beautiful dog. It's so nice to have that companionship again.

Your foyer looks nice. The lights are a nice touch. I have been playing around with lights and different decor in my foyer but I'm not happy with it yet.

Deanna said...

Hi dear! Your new addition to the family is just beautiful. I felt teary eyed when I saw Lucy and your husband potting flowers.

Your blog is looking so beautiful. My eyes love it!

Hugs,
Deanna :D

Farming On Faith said...

Oh it feels so good to get that Spring cleaning done. I love your decorations.

Have a wonderful weekend~
Carrie~

elizabeth said...

I love your simple pleasures this week...we used to have a german shepherd too.
I'm glad you didn't lose me in your blog changes...thanks for your sweet comment!

Debbie said...

I love that picture of your husband and his new friend planting the pansies. There is just something about watching a man and a faithful canine companion that makes me smile.

I'm trying to maneuver my way through blog changes too. I am so afraid that I'm going to lose some vitals!