Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

"The Sound Of Music"

Written by Sue, Tuesday August,23, 2011                                                sunny, low humidity, temps. in 80's


They came, we played, and played, until our hearts content. Do you remember the song, The Sound of Music, the first  line begins with  "the hills are alive with the sound of music,". Well, The farm and farmhouse here at Pear Tree Lane came alive with the sound of children's and familiar voices. What a blessing for me, while in the kitchen preparing a meal  to hear voices flowing through the rooms as loved ones were catching up on what had been going on in their lives. And children laughing and giggling.....

If your family lives nearby, and you see them quite often, please know how blessed you are. It had been over a year since we had seen our son and grandson Gabe, and 8 mos. since seeing our daughter and her family. My, how they have all grown...

didn't realize my absence from blogging  would be so long, I have thought of you all so often, and have missed you so much, and had planned to post and visit, but time just would not allow. Since we don't see our family that often, when they do come, we lay everything down to enjoy every moment with them as their visits are so short lived....

While here we celebrated three birthdays,.."Dear sweet Gabe, what a joy it was to be able to share your birthday, and to bake your favorite cake, (ten layers with  chocolate icing). You have grown into quite a handsome young man, and we are so proud of you." Gabe is a senior this year and plans to attend college and get a degree in engineering, he wants to use this degree in some type of missionary work.
"Happy Birthday, Dear One"



"Three generations of fine Men"

Here is some of the early "gang".

My new friend, Fran, she and I share the same birthday and year, though we didn't know who was the oldest.  but if she wants to claim that I will let her.~smile~ "Dear Fran what a joy to celebrate with you, may you be blessed with many more happy birthdays. I would so love to celebrate with you again. Thank you and Bob for your visit."
Yes, this is me and I was so happy to have family here to help me celebrate, loved hearing those voices. ...As I was listening to those beautiful voices, I looked at the candles and wondered where did time go, inside I still have a young spirit, and most of the time, feel like ~lol~ I tried not to spit when blowing the candles as there were so many, so I took and fanned them. (really I did) ~ the family is still laughing~

 We fished,.... Son # 2 enjoying some R&R,
Helping Katie pull her "big" fish in!!
Mom and daughter.....


Jarred caught a big bass! Can you tell if he was happy or not?
Great catch, Bob





Wow! Jess you got a big one too!!


Susan and Le ann had a great time getting to know one another! Aren't they beautiful?
Nothing  better than taking a young man fishing, and I might add a young lady too!
Mother and daughter enjoying a moment

Beautiful! Beautiful! happy faces!!

Played games,... they played so well together
Always fun to play with Papa and grandma!
Cards anyone?

 Made cookies,.. Jarred was such a good sport


" One egg at a time,please."

Many hands make yummy stuff!!



Did someone say Yummy?



Reward  of hard work!!


Into the oven they go!!
wer


We were so busy eating them hot from the oven that we forgot to take a picture


We hung out on the porch, a lot ,Mr P and I enjoying ourselves.Lee Ann, and Jenna, and let's not forget Lucy!




Papa, Lee Ann, and Jenna, Oh! Let's not forget Lucy, she is and was the star!


 My best friend is always there for me and his family.
 We also worked!..Yeah right! Tell me please, do they look like they are working? To me it looks like they are having way to much fun. ~grin~

Worked on crafts,
See this sheet, this is known as our memory cover, named by Susie. We have done all kinds of crafts over the years using it, I  treasure it, so many memories, and hope to make more,~soon~ 


 Rode bikes, Concentrating real hard, that Katie is!


Whew!! are you tired?, Wait! Wait! I haven't finished,....
we skated! Papa giving a hand!
Going solo!

Shooting skeet, but first son must give gun safety lessons.
"Always remember Ladies, Safety first!!

Don't mess with this Annie Oakley, Susan got three out of four, beating all including her brother.


Gathered flowers for bouquets,


Jess, and Jenna set the table with their arrangements, great job, girls!


Trying to see who gets to pick the rose!
"Grandmother is this enough?" ....."I think so, now let's go make the arrangements!"

We ate, and ate, and then, ate some more...
Blueberry streusel muffins, soooo yummy!
 Fran and I had lemon and chocolate meringue pies for our birthday, thanks Susan!

Rode the ATV, Special time with father and son!

Played tag with Lucy,(she has been in withdrawals since they left). I think she had more fun than anyone she was involved in everything, except the skeet shooting, doesn't like the loud noise.
 Who do you think was having the most fun?

I just had to show this pic. it was at the end, and Lucy had won,. Can you see the smug grin on her face. The two guys decided to laugh rather than cry! ~LOL~ "Sorry Guys, she is just to fast for you!



Friends accept, and love one another always.


 Helping Papa and Lucy round up sheep.

 "Good Girl, Lucy," She has really learned how to herd the sheep

 Be sure and hook it tight! Please!
 "Daddy's Girl!!"


As always we ended their visit with a camp fire, no mater how hot is is.~LOL~ sorry no pictures!

Last day on the farm, ....we all got up early to enjoy some goodies  and some last time hugs and talk on the porch, the sun was so bright, just such a beautiful morning, we are always a little melancholy on the last day.... But they left us with ,and went home with wonderful memories, and I might add two boxes of home canned goods....~grinning~ Susan called last night to say they were enjoying some homemade spaghetti sauce.

See those two hiding, I am always so lucky, because I am behind the camera.`smiling~
The sweet voices of loved ones from afar are now silent here at the farm, it was so wonderful to have them all here, to make more memories with us and hopefully for them too. It takes a few days to re-adjust, but our desire has and always will be for them to be where God wants them and to be happy.

While rounding the bend in the road of the driveway, on our way  to the airport for their return I heard my Dh say to the family that they made the farm come alive, and how much we enjoyed having them. (tearing up) I felt the same.

And to you dear friends who took the time to let me share a little (okay a lot) of our life, a Big Thank You. Now that things are slowing down ~Did I just say that? I have apples and grapes to do~.... I am looking forward to visiting and finding out how your summer was.
Until next time,
May your days be filled with much joy and peace in Christ our Lord.
Love,
Sue

John 15:12~ This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you. Simple but powerful words and a commandment!

25 comments:

Farm Girl said...

You were so strongly on my mind this morning. I was thinking about you and how much fun you must have had with your kids home. I love your pictures they are just so beautiful. So glad you took lots.
I bet it was hard coming back home after the trip to the airport.
I will keep you in my prayers.
Thanks so much for your lovely update.

Carol said...

What a beautiful family you have! Thanks for sharing your memories with us!

Smiles,
Carol

Julie Harward said...

Thank you for sharing all of that..I loved every bit of it! Nothing like family is there, the best people on earth to be with. You have a beautiful family, every one is so nice looking, those little grands are just so cute! :D

Debbie said...

Sue, your family looks like movie stars only they have good morals and know how to have a good time the right way. :D! I felt like I was there! The house sure gets big and quiet when they leave, doesn't it? Looking forward to more good times!
Debbie

Jenni said...

Sue, I'm gonna say what you already know... You and Dh are Blessed!!! Oh what wonderful times you all had, and as you said, what lovely memories were made.

Y'all's family is Beautiful! I have missed you so much, but knew you were "up to something" good!

Hugs,
Jenni

Vee said...

Precious, precious post! You have memories to keep you warm until next time when you get to do it all over again.

Now, let me tell you a thing that you may not have thought of. No grand has ever spent the night in my home. My children and I never retire nor wake in the same home. We do not spend extended amounts of time together nor do we eat and enjoy one meal after another together. So you do have something very, very special here. Very.

Love you! Great to see a post. Now what's next, besides autumn's harvest?

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I enjoyed every photo and each word written about this very special time with your precious family.

Your August sounded a little like mine. Our daughter and family visited from NY (about 5 1/2 hour drive from us) They were here for two weeks and we celebrated several birthdays. What is the date of your birthday... mine is the 11th.

I too have a very dear friend that shares my birthday. Not the same year though. Coincidentally, I just got a couple of photos of the two of us as we celebrated together from another friend today. I hope to post them soon.

It was a joy stopping in to spend a few minutes with you!

A Hint of Home said...

There is nothing better than sharing love with family and friends! I just had MI company leave today to head back home. People are more important than things anytime!
Loved all your pictures and enjoyed seeing the fun you had together!
Having a daughter in CA, I totally understand how important the time you have with them is.
Keep reflecting on those memories!
Hugs!

Christine said...

Welcome back to blogging, yes you were missed.

Nothing says family like this post.
Those grandchildren will take home fond memories and look back with so many memories.

Blessed you are...
Thank you for sharing the farm and your family life.

no spring chicken said...

Tearing up with you. Good tears though, no? Good for you, having so much love given and received this summer. Interspersed with all of that canning. You have a storehouse of provision for the winter... food AND memories!

Of course I did wonder where dear Sue was. I wasn't worried though. I knew that when you returned it would be a rich post. Some goodness shared from your beautiful farm and your beautiful heart (and smiling eyes!).

Blessings, Debbie

BECKY said...

Oh Sue, What a delightful time with your lovely family! I know your heart is full! I am blessed to still have all my girls either home or fairly close by. I can tell you that I never imagined I would still have a house full at this place in my life, but am so glad...I know it will soon change.

One thing I know for sure...you two are a huge blessing to your children and grandchildren! How very blessed they are to have two such wonderful role models, who just shower them with love, affection, and fabulous memories!

Their days at the farm will always be treasures for them, and will be a source of beloved memories and stories that are shared for generations to come.

Love and hugs to you, sweetie. This makes my heart smile sooo big, as my eyes fill with joy for you!
Becky

Elena said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful visit with your family! I enjoyed all the pictures. I always enjoy sharing in your life!

Susan B said...

Hello Sue,
Oh, I enjoyed all of your photos with your lovely family! It looks like you had a marvelous time together. I'm so glad you made so many wonderful memories. Thank you so much for sharing! Take care, my friend. :)

Patsy said...

Hi Sue, I lost you after you changed your blog. Glad to see you and your lovely family again.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh this answers everything I was hoping and praying for you guys...I am shouting "God is Good" "He is Faithful" ...and just look at all those wonderful smiles on each face....you are blessed!!! Hugs and thanks for sharing your beautiful life!!

Bobbie said...

Hi Sue! I don't know quite what to say. I've taken the past 20 minutes to just read over your post and look closely at your photos and.. I'm feeling sad as I reach the end of the post.. but a good sad. What wonderful memories you made and what a beautiful family you have!! Thank you for sharing this time with us.. These pictures are greatl! So much love here... ~ !!

Debbie said...

Sue, you were missed! Even the Duchess commented about it. I'm sure she has already read this and is as delighted with your family pics as I am. We moved 1000 miles from my grandparents once too. I will never forget the fun we had when visiting them.

I really did love all your family pictures. My all-time favorite is the singing one. How the photographer managed to capture those wonderful singing expressions, is amazing. Pass along the kudos to whomever took it.

Welcome back. I'm actually GLAD to know that you don't blog when you have far, far, better things to do.

Kathi said...

Sue, You have such a beautiful family. I'm so happy you got to see them and enjoy them. Your pictures are precious. The smiles show all of the good times. What wonderful memories. As I looked at your photos I said to myself, "This is how I want my life, in the future, with my kids and grandkids." I do hope they will live near us, but if not, I hope we get extended visits. I'm so happy for you Sue, and wish your time with them could be more often. Kathi

Happy@Home said...

I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this post. What a special time you and your family had together. One could learn alot from your example. It looks like you made so many happy memories and shared so much love. It doesn't get any better than that. I love the happy faces on the grandkids, especially when they are putting the cookies into the oven. So cute.
Also love your new header photo. Beautiful.

Susan said...

Sue, I too have missed you! so glad to hear that you have had a fruit full summer :o).....your whole family is adorable....your daughter is beautiful and those grandkids are just as cute as mine! LOL Blessings to you...I guess you got your camera back?

Karen said...

Sue, you made some memories! I've got to tell you I was searching for your sweet face today, I can never remember your blog name and I think of you often. I go over to Janette's sometimes and see your face and click, so was I ever glad to see you had dropped by. I love to read about the happenings on the farm and especially seeing your sweet family today. OH, the row of zinnas are amazing - love me some zinnas! Have a great week, I can imagine the quietness after all the fun has to be bittersweet. Karen

Trish said...

Sue, this was such a lovely heart-warming post!!
You are a very generous soul, my friend.
I appreciate the beautiful way you share your life and family with us all!
Yor beautiful pictures show a very loving family having a wonderful time together :-)
A blessing to see!!
I'm glad you had time to post again - I missed you!

love in Jesus..Trish

Ms.Daisy said...

Sue,
I have had such joy watching you and your family on the farm. I remember going to Canada one year when I was 5 to visit my great grandfather and relatives on their dairy farm. One memory that I will always cherish. You have such handsome men and beautiful women in your family. God has blessed you richly! I really love the new header picture, too.


~Jean
P.S. You were missed but now I see why you were "gone."

GardenOfDaisies said...

You are blessed with such a beautiful family!! And yes, the blog can wait.
(I do understand about kid living far away, truly I do. Our son is away at college, so we will probably see him a couple of times between now and Christmas. But our daughter just moved half way across the country. Excited for her, but sad for us.)

Walk In Truth said...

Dear Sue,

What wonderful blessings you are surrounded with. Your family is precious! Everyone is beautiful, and so photogenic.

Your farm house and land is the most beautiful I have ever seen, and what even makes it more beautiful is the love that abounds in it.

God bless you friend, and your family
Love and hugs~
Michele