Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Guess who came for dinner?


Written by Sue, Monday, September 12, 2011                       sunny, beautiful 80's temps.


At 5:00 p.m. Saturday, I got a call from grandson Will, he had been trying to get up with us all day, but we were at a church event. He was wanting to come for a visit, me thinking maybe next week, but he wanted to come "Today"., and bring a friend! "Yes!" "Yes"!!

Oh! boy! Oh! boy! company's  coming!! Hoo! Whew! and Whoopti Doo!! says Lucy.


We got busy, tidying up, and putting fresh lines on the beds.
And of course Maw Maw got busy  baking some cookies, Will's favorite....chocolate chip.~smile~
As the time drew nearer for their arrival, Mr P. would run back and forth from the front porch, to the kitchen, testing the cookies,seeing if they met his approval for grandson. See my fall table decoration,I am now 95 % finished with all fall decorating. Both young men commented on the decorations, I would not have thought they would have noticed, I guess it might have reminded them of "Home" . ~smile~

They  arrived at 10:30, we talked for a while, they ate and then they announced that they wanted to go fishing at the pond. dh said "have at it, guys, I will pass tonight."so off  they went fishing. Looking out the window and seeing these two young men, with the truck lights shinning and getting their fishing equipment was such a wonderful site to go to sleep on. I only wished I had taken a photo, I would wake during the night and see the light still on in the kitchen I knew they were not yet in. About 4:00 a.m., I woke to see the lights out, and I knew they were asleep.

They were up by nine a.m., remnants from last night.~grinning~

and were out by the pond, then I got my camera!
For lunch Will wanted to go to his favorite restaurant, Salemburg Pizza and home cooked meals, truth is there is this young girl there that he became friends with and has kept in touch. lol. 
We have now added another grandson, meet "Zeb


Papa observing, and learning from the "Best"!!
Granny Maw, came by to get some sugar, need I say more?
I was back and forth from the kitchen, to the pond.. Here is some roast beef, sliced and ready for them to take back, for next week. You should have heard what they had to eat in their apartment.. noodles!
For dinner Will wanted some of my cheese biscuits, along with spaghetti and my homemade sauce. He also wanted to take some goodies that I had canned back with him, especially the meat sauce and some jams. We sent him and Zeb, back with watermelon, cantaloupe, cookies, muffins, grapes,apples, and of course roast beef. Now you know why we preserve so much. ~lol~
"A prayer", and group hug, was also in the "going home package."


We called them in for dinner but they were so into fishing, I asked if they wanted their dinner by the pond,
"Oh that would be so nice!"......"Does Papa and Maw Maw spoil them?"
Zeb, let the "Big" one get away, and was showing Will how big it was. He told me he was going to stay until he caught him. LOL
These two came as young men who are ready to defend our country,... and yet for a little while they were once again, "Little Boys"playing, laughing and having fun. Oh! My! watching and listening to these two and to be able to see them as those carefree little boys, was such a blessings.

Yesterday, our thoughts and hearts were very much with those who lost their lives on 911, and praying for their families who are still trying to put their lives back together. What a joy and a pleasure for us to spend time with these two young men, and hopefully give them some R&R. These two men along with thousands of others place their lives in harms way to make sure we never have to experience another  911 ever again. Both Will and Zeb serve their country, in the Navy.....

Oh! No! they left us alone again!! what am I going to do???, 'they said they were coming again soon so "be happy!!", says me


I want to thank all of you so much who ask about Will, who pray for him, and  our other men and women in military service,  if you ever have the opportunity to serve one of them you will be so blessed. What a comfort it would be as a parent, who has a child so far away from home, to know that they were loved and allowed to become a child once again.
All my love,
Sue

~"One of my neighbors here in blogland"~

My friend Vee, (click on name) who is so patriotic, loves her God and country so much. Vee was the first person who welcomed me to blogland,  you never forget the first person who welcomes you to your neighborhood, and that was on my other blog, even after closing  it she still comes to visit me here. I have gotten to know her through these visits, and cherish her as a friend, she has taught me so much about life and how one deals with situations, and writes with so much candor and humor, I always leave so uplifted. Thank you Vee!

1 John4:11~ Dear friends, since God so loved us,we also ought to love one another.
                       

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sue..what a blessing that visit must of been..not only for you and your family ,but it sure looks like they really was able to relax and soak in some good ole home feelings... how blessed you are by god that you and your home offers that feeling.. Good work,,good and faithful servant..
My grand daughter is coming to visit for a couple of day on the 21st of this month.. I cant wait.. great post as always... xoxoxo

Debbie said...

I'm so happy that you were blessed with a visit from someone you love so much. I know how special that is! You sure fed em' good, Sue! I think they really enjoy good food when they can get it :D
It's lonesome when they leave, as Lucy says.
And Vee? She is one encouraging sweet lady that I really enjoy blogging with. Wish I'd known her when I went to Maine 2 years ago; I'd go take her to lunch!
Deb

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Sounds like a special time with these two fine young men! You can see by the looks on their faces that they really enjoyed the visit.

I'm really happy to have found Vee's blog, too. She's a great person and one of those people you wish lived in your neighborhood and could call up to come over for a visit or go shopping with.

Your photos are great and I love the pretty Lucy. We have had several German Shepherds as pets over the years...great dogs.

Jenni said...

Well, here I sit, with tears of joy in my eyes, after reading about y'all' wonderful visit with Will and Zeb. Will is in my prayers continually, and now, Zeb will be, too.

Girl, y'all's Farm is a wonder to me! God has blessed y'all abundantly! What a great place for some down time and fun for these too young heroes of our country...

Thanks for sharing all of this with us, it's always so refreshing and fun to visit with you!

Heartfelt hugs,
Jenni

Jenni said...

And I KNEW they would not leave you without some awesome goodies to enjoy later!

;0)

jen

Farm Girl said...

So glad you had such a nice visit. You are so wonderfully blessed. It makes me happy to know that you had such a nice weekend.
I love the pictures. It is nice to think of our first friend in blogland. "wink"
Have a great week!

Debbie said...

Oh Sue what a WONDERFUL surprise and treat for you and your hubby! And for those boys too. It is just the perfect rr for them I am thinking. I am soo glad you all got to experience it. Spoil away btw, that's what us Grandma's do best I say! I do pray for Will, and now I will add Zeb to my list. Going to check out your friends blog. Have a wonderful week! HUGS, Debbie

NanaNor's said...

How fun to have two such wonderful young men there to visit-especially since one if your grandson and I'm sure you've adopted the other. Great food and fellowship plus all the love you pour out on them will bring them back again and again. I'm going to visit Vee right now. Blessings to you this day!!!
Hugs, Noreen

Kimmie said...

Heartwarming post!

Christine said...

How fun to "entertain" those young men.
It feels so good to send home some love'en doesn't it? Especially when noodles are what was waiting for them at home.

Your farm is so beautiful. I just love seeing all the green, blue and smiles.

Vee said...

Sue, what a surprise to find all that tucked at the bottom. You're too sweet!

To have your grandson and his friend drop in like this must have been a great treat. I think he loves spending time with you and you certainly do take good care of him. I'm so proud of all the men and women who serve this great country of ours. What a blessing they are.

Cheryl said...

Oh, Sue...I know you must have been ecstatic to have your dear grandson and his friend come to visit! And what pampering you and your husband lavished on these two! (I'll bet it was difficult to know which of you was the happiest. ~grin~)

Your photo journal of this visit is heartwarming. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Blessings to you...
Cheryl

Ms.Daisy said...

Sue,
Thank you so much for sharing your visit with your grandson Will and his friend Zeb. I felt like I was right there with all of you...and Lucy, too! Everything looked so good and I know they enjoyed their visit with you very much.
Love your new header decorated for the next season, my favorite: Fall!

~Jean

Kathleen said...

God bless them. Thanks to them for their service to our country! What a great bit of R and R, the love shines through!

Trish said...

Oh Sue, I read this with both tears and smiles!
Praise God for the blessing of being together again.
They look like they had a ball!!
You have every right to be proud :-)
bless you..Trish

Lois Christensen said...

I found you!!!! I must have missed the post were you told us you opened this new blog! Glad I found you. I enjoyed the pictures of your grandson and hearing what you prepared for him! Hope you enjoy your day!

Elena said...

How wonderful to have your grandson come visit. I just love the pictures of the pond. You have such beautiful land!

Happy@Home said...

I can't help but think that if all kids everywhere had grandparents like you and Mr. P., the world would be a much better place. What child (young man) wouldn't want to come to a place where they were loved so much and treated so well. This is a beautiful post, Sue and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
I always enjoy visiting Vee and love to read her comments around blogland. She has a "way with words."

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Well this just knocked my socks off...what a wonderful 9/11 blessings...they are the ones mentioned in the comics I shared...some of our heroes!!!

Oh I am just so proud of him...his parents, his grandparents and his great grands....and look you added another boy to your list...that is just awesome.

Oh my this was just great...it caught the moment so well.

Oh Benjamin wants you to know we went and found a donkey today...stopped and patted it through the fence...looked at the goats....and dreamed about a farm like yours....where my grandkids can come and visit one day! Now I will have to brush up on my cooking skills...too far behind you in that one.
Hugs!

Susan B said...

Hi Sue,
How wonderful to have a visit from your grandson and his friend! I enjoyed reading your post, and seeing the photos. I'm glad they had a good time, and were able to get some R&R there...and you were able to spoil them! :) Thank you so much for sharing about their visit. Enjoy the rest of your week, my friend.

no spring chicken said...

Dear Sue, I just loved this post. Everything about it, from the chocolate chip cookies and fall decor, to the 'sugar' and 2 darling young men/boys with their poles. You are blessed indeed. As are they!

xx, Debbie

A Hint of Home said...

Thanks Sue! I got my inside done today. It's been busy with company again. Seems like I'm always saying that but it has been a revolving door for a while. lol
God has given us the opportunity to minister this way and we love people.
So glad Will got to visit!
My brother was in the Navy and we just did some interesting things while he was here. I'll post them soon.
Hugs!

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

Well, you got me all choked-up, tears were welling-up. The pictures alone tell a story. I can't thank you enough for sharing these special moments because they just carry my heart and thoughts away to such a happy place.

I thank God for these brave and honorable young men who serve and protect us, our Country.

May our Awesome God bless you and your family.
Friend, you are a blessing,
Hugs ~ Michele

Susan said...

Sue, what a wonderful, happy post!
How wonderful for those young men to have the chance to come to such a place (retreat) like yours and Mr P's.....I see they really enjoyed their stay.....and you....I know girl....you were in the highth of your glory!!!
I love it!

Please post some pictures of your fall decorations ...I will be getting mine out this weekend and I will be sure to post some pictures of my fall decorating when I'm done...

this week I'm right in the middle of canning 3 bushels of tomatoes....I'm using my steam canner and at my altitude (7000ft) I have to process quarts for 60 min. I too love to share with my family what I have canned, baked or cooked. Like you, it is my way of blessing them.

Blessings to you! and I'm glad you found a recipe for an air freshener with the essential oils, I am just learning how to use them (taking a class tonight)but I and my hubby are loving them! We are rubbing ourselves down at night where ever it is stiff or hurts and waking refreshed and well rested. :o)

Eggs In My Pocket said...

What a blessing! So wonderful for you! blessings,Kathleen

Gwendolyn said...

Sue, Vee was also one of my first cheerleaders and guests in blogland! And now she has introduced me to you! Your posts are lovely and so much heart and family exemplified here. So nice to meet another friend who glorifies our Savior! Blessings to you!

Paula said...

Sue, that is such a precious post! I will definitely keep Will and his friend in my prayers. I am so proud of these young men...

Nikki (Sarah) said...

love your photos....your home looks so warm and cozy and inviting.