Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

"A surprise for me?"

Written by Sue, Saturday, Oct. 29, 2011                    cold, clouds with rain, brrrr! 40's temps.
Do you like to get surprises through the mail? Of course, we all do, now, Sue what a silly question you have asked!! Yesterday dh brought this box to me!

Let's see... there is some pretty yellow tissue paper, and what's this bright orange... and get well wishes in those cards!

 Oh! my beautiful smiling faces at me, especially

these beautiful ladies, daughter, Susan,granddaughters Susie and Katie!!
It seems they had heard through the grapevine that grandma was had been under the weather. So they  wanted to make her all better, and oh! how right they were. Grandmama is all better, and back to her normal self, if that is possible! lol "Thank you, my darlings"

*************************************
I did have a bump in the road, but all is well now! We have been so busy trying to get the farm, and animals ready for winter. Plus this is the time of year that we begin to plan for next year's growing season and one of the things we do around here is plant our strawberry plants now, so when spring comes we will have a bountiful crop. 

First you disc the plot, 
Step # 2, you lay the black plastic with drip tube,
 He's so cute, and Lucy is never far away from her Master!
Hopefully the plants you have ordered come in healthy, and these look great, they are called sets.

 You then humble yourself and crawl up and down the row planting each one, all 500 sets, Yes! 500! ~smile~ or should I say oh! my aching knees. If we were commercial growers we would have a machine, but since this is for us, we do it the old fashion way.>>> down on your knees! LOl.

Well Ladies, it is now 3:45 and dh has just reminded me that I need to get my walking done, isn't it nice to have your own personal trainer, btw, one who doesn't even walk with you, his excuse "I get too much exercise",. I think I am going to rename him my "Cheerleader." I will be back this evening to finish visiting!
Enjoy your day,
Until next time,
Hugs,
Sue

15 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

I never knew you had to plant strawberries NOW. That does look like back-breaking work! Sorry you weren't feeling well! But glad your pumpkins cheered you up! Thanks for visiting. I've been missing your posts! Take care Sue!

Jenni said...

Hello, dear Sue! I have been missing you so much, and was so happy to see you had posted. I am glad you are feeling better, but I must say that precious parcel in the mail would make anyone better! Especially those dear smiling faces!
thanks for sharing the pictures of the "doings down on the farm" as always the are fascinating for this city girl...
tale care of yourself!
Hugs,
Jenni

Walk In Truth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,
'm sorry to hear that you were feeling " Under the weather."

Your daughter and grandchildren are beautiful, and just as precious and thoughtful as you are. The pumpkins they decorated are adorable along with the picture frame.

Your dh, " A.K.A. Grapevine and Cheerleader, is such a blessing, and I think about how often you two must laugh together. You both do so much hard work on the farm, and it shows. I don't think I would have lasted more than 15 minutes doing the planting like you all did by hand and on your knees. That is so awesome!! Great pictures as always.

Also, about you & Kim. That is such a special blessing that you and Kim exchanged gifts. Kim's creative talent clearly is a gift itself.

What a wonderful way to connect our hearts in Christ through doing such thoughtful things. Also, it's great to know that Kim will be filled with joy and smiles when she receives your gift. May God richly bless your friendship.

Sending you love, hugs and a big smile :o) at this very moment :o) as soon as I click "publish button" :o)~Michele

Vee said...

Sue, if I even tried to plant 20, I'd be crippled for a week. Is there no better way? How about calling in the youth group and feeding them chili? :D

What cute presents you got from your gals. I'm sorry to learn that you were under the weather...aha! It was all that planting.

The good news is going to be...oh those strawberries come spring! Yum.

Thanks for your visit. Now take it easy, okay?!

Farm Girl said...

Your strawberries look wonderful. We worked trimming trees today and I am so sore and exhausted. The strawberries and being on your knees would be such hard work. I really enjoy looking at how you plant them though. I am glad you are feeling better now and you are back on your walking schedule. I love your surprise package from your girls. That is so sweet. I got my surprise package too. :)
Lovely, lovely garlic. So is everything else. I will write you a note later.
Have a lovely Sunday.
Kim

Julie Harward said...

Glad you are feeling better...that would cheer me up too! Very interesting way to plant. Stay well and enjoy this Fall...love your header! ;D

Debbie said...

Nothing like a sweet package like that to cheer any gal up!! Sorry you were under the weather, but soo glad you are feeling better now! WOW...I had no idea planting strawberries was such work...

Take good care of yourself now. I've missed you!

Lots of love, Debbie

Remember, you can ALWAYS drop me a quick email, because I would consider it a privilege to pray for you anytime!! HUGS : )

Cheryl @ TFD said...

What a sweet and cute surprise from your daughter! She's a beauty and so are your granddaughters. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better! I've enjoyed your photos, the strawberries will be sooo good and well worth all that hard work. Wow, I can't imagine planting 500! Oh, my knees are aching just thinking about it! Take care and stay well! And thanks so much for visiting and your sweet comment!

Cindy said...

Hi Sue, it's been awhile since I have stopped by, but have been thinking and wondering about you. So sorry to hear you have been sick. At the moment, I am doing well, but have been sick off and on most of October. So glad to see November come so many it's all out of my system.

Wow, you plant 500 sets of strawberries, you will have such a bountiful crop. Oooooooooohhhhhhhh all the things you could make with those strawberries.

Well hoping to stop in again soon, take care of yourself and stay well.

Hugs,
Cindy

Cheryl said...

Oh, Sue...if only I could reach out to you across the miles and give you a huge hug...for being my bloggy friend, and for your sweet, encouraging words! You are such a treasure to me!

I am so sorry to hear that you have been sick. I thought of you often, and hoped that you were well. I hoped that your absence from cyberspace was an indication of your busyness, for you certainly are a busy bee there in your home and on the farm. Now I see that it was a bit of both. I do hope and pray that you have fully recovered!

And about that busyness...ALL of those strawberry plants!! I echo some of your other friends as they admire you while bemoaning their own aches and pains as they imagine themselves in your place. Whew! Sue, you can work circles around me...any day of the week!

Please take care of yourself, my friend. And I guess cyber hugs will have to do. {{{hugs}}}

Debbie said...

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather and glad to hear you're on the mend. What a nice gift to cheer you up! We may have good knees early on, but I think guys have better knees as time goes on; don't you? :D
Debbie

Trish said...

It's good to hear you are ok now Sue!
Perhaps it's time to train the shorter people in your family to plant strawberries lol!
A good job done - but hard on the knees.
What a sweet gift you got from your daughter and grand-daughters!
That would've cheered you up no end!
Hope you enjoyed your walk :-)
blessings..Trish

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Benjamin enjoyed this with me...what precious grand daughters and daughter...I know they miss you.

Now you take care of yourself...the dh needs you cheering him on from the sidelines also. Blessings and healing in Jesus name...Hugs from Texas.

Elena said...

I loved your painted pumpkins and so did Mary! Thank you so much for Mary's birthday wishes. She had a wonderful birthday and Halloween! Your daughter and granddaughters are just beautiful!