Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Does it fit?

Written by Sue, Monday Nov. 7, 2011                             Beautiful absolutely beautiful, sunny, temps. high 60's


BTW~ I have five watches in here and yesterday, I found out not one works! Get some batteries," Sue~
What's the last thing you put on when dressing for the day? For me it is my jewelry, my decorations if you will! ~smile~ I go to my vanity, and pull out this drawer. Just costume jewelry, except for one valuable piece, I so wishfully looked at, wanting to wear it but couldn't, because it just wouldn't fit my finger anymore......

Some years ago Mr. P. gave me a gold wedding band for one of our anniversaries, as the years went  by, and I began to gain weight, I finally had to take it off, he offered to have it resized, but I opted not too, thinking " I am going to lose this weight." The years went by, with no significant weight loss,  I would go to my vanity,  and from time to time try and place it on my finger with no luck. That is,.... until yesterday.

As I reached in to pick it up,  I wasn't asking for a magic wand, just the fact that I had lost weight over the summer. I drew a deep breath, and said "Lord please let it fit! If you could only imagine my anticipation! Guess what? It fit!! I was doing a happy dance!! And this was just as we were getting ready to leave for church service. Talk about my thankful list growing!

Mr P. was in the other room doing what he always does... waiting on me!~lol~ I didn't say anything to him, but while driving to church, I took my hand and kind of flashed it before him, he looked puzzled at first, but on second glance saw the ring, smiled, grabbed my hand and held it tight. Sometimes words are just not needed!!
For today I am thankful for a special ring that fits!

May your days continue to be filled with much joy and peace in Him,
Giving thanks for you today,
Sue
Psalms:105:1~ Oh give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples!

To all of you who take the time to come by, and read these meeker words from my heart that  I try and place here, I am truly humbled! 

32 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such a delightful surprise!

Farm Girl said...

Wow, I can so understand this post. I have my wedding ring in my jewelery box too. I bent the gold band I guess using a hula hoe chopping weeds. I want to take it to get fixed and sized because the same has happened to me. I keep thinking I will loose enough weight so I won't have to have it sized.
So I am rejoicing with you that you lost enough weight to wear it to church.
I also wanted you to know, best garlic I have ever used in my life.
It is so amazing.
Have a great day today.

Carol said...

How special, Sue! So happy for you!

Smiles,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Yay! What a special and fun treat for you!

Doniene said...

Yeah!!! That's what life is all about! Being thankful for each day's gifts!!

Blessings to you!

Leah said...

What a fun and unexpected surprise! I'm convinced God cares about the littlest things in our lives, too - rings included! :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

It's always the little things that mean so much, but that ring represents so much more than a small token of love. It's a golden circle of love that can't be broken. So I celebrate with you, Sue, in being able to wear it. YEA!

This story is so sweet. Thanks for sharing.

XO,

Sheila

Patsy said...

Congratulations on the weight loss.

Jenni said...

Congrats on reaching this longed for goal! Woo hoo! And goodness... Mr. P is such a thoughtful man.... hmmm... maybe we could "clone" him.... LOL!

Hugs,
Jenni

Lois Christensen said...

Very happy for you!!! I recently have lost weight also, well maintaining for about 6 months now and my anniversary ring that hubby gave me for our 20th is too big on me and I love the feeling!!! Happy you've lost the weight and can wear a favorite piece of jewelry!

Cheryl said...

Oh yes, a delightful surprise indeed! Enjoy your "new" ring!
Hugs to you...

Vee said...

Ohhh, what a fun thing to discover. (I have a similar band. It doesn't fit.It's not easy to get on those wide bands if there's any question at all.) How fun that your darling noticed with only a bit of help. Enjoy your pretty gold ring!

Julie Harward said...

Oh how fun...old things are new again! It must have made you very happy. :D

Susan said...

this is a great post Sue. I too have my wedding ring in my jewlery box drawer. the points that hold in the diamond have worn out and the diamond fell out ( I have it) so it needs to go to the shop to be repaired. My dh likes to reach over and hold my hand while he is driving too.....I love it! One day he asked me where was my ring? So I told him, he said I think I will just go and buy you a new one, one with a great big diamond in it.....you know what? I don't need it, I'm too practical I guess. Too many other areas I would rather spend $10,000 ....if I had it to spend, which I don't, we don't. It was a nice thought though, just to know that he would....all I'd have to do is say the word. He has always been that way. I have to be careful with what I say I would like to have or it just might show up at my front door. :o)
Things are not perfect and we have our issues but God has so richly blessed me with this man that has a heart of gold. We are going on 37 years next Feb. We met in Jr High and married in High School
Blessings!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Sue, I am so happy you are back in your ring! I remember how I felt when I had to take mine off to get it repaired. Like part of me had been chopped off.

Debbie said...

Oh Sue how perfectly wonderful! I can imagine your joy. I would have been doing the happy dance too! HUGS

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Your gold band is lovely, Sue. What a nice surprise for you! I've had to have mine resized, much to my regret! Oh the ring looks fine, it's the weight gain that doesn't look so good...ha! This was a sweet post!

Trish said...

That is just so special!
I can imagine how much your heart was moved at being able to put your wedding ring on again.
The Lord is so lovely - what a kind little blessing for you, Sue!
love..Trish

Southern Lady said...

I know your heart was overflowing with joy when you discovered you could wear your ring ... and I'm sure that joy was reflected in Mr P's eyes when he saw it on your finger. Thank you for sharing this very special love story with us, Sue.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

That is just awesome and I am doing the happy dance with you!! I also celebrate that Mr P is there to enjoy it with you...may there be many, many more years of marriage bliss.

Happy@Home said...

So happy for you, Sue. I like the subtle way you let Mr. P know. So sweet. The ring is beautiful. I have always loved the looks of a wide gold band.

Elena said...

That is awesome! What a beatiful ring!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Wonderful post! I've found that a touch can say much more than words.

~*~The Family~*~ said...

That's fabulous!!!!!

Anonymous said...

nice post thanks for sharing...

no spring chicken said...

Congratulations Sue! You didn't have the ring re-sized... you had YOU re-sized. I need to do that. Sigh.

Blessings, Debbie

NanaNor's said...

Hi Sue, Loved reading this and seeing your jewelry organizer-so clever. Great job on being able to get your ring on-I always like winter when it is cold as my rings are a bit looser but you just worked hard at this-congrat's.
Hugs, Noreen

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Hurray for you! It looks perfect on your finger! blessings, Kathleen

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

Two Precious moments:
The ring fitting, and Mr. P., adding to that joy by his very loving response.

God is good. Amen

Love and hugs,
Michele

Susan B said...

Sue, I'm so happy you can wear your ring again! I can imagine how happy you are. :)

Jamie Oliver (@va_grown) said...

Wonderful!

My rings haven't fit in about two years because I broke my finger and we had to cut them off and it never healed back to the size it was before. I want to get them repaired and resized this year. I miss them.

Debbie said...

I realized this morning that unless I check my sideboard instead of my blogger homepage, I will miss your posts since you don't come up on my home page. I never seem to remember to check my side board these days. Sigh... and I miss posts. I am going to figure out a way to put a pear by my desk or something to remind me to check the side board.

This was beautiful, and I got a little catch in my chest and throat when I got to the part about you giving him a little wave.