Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

All roads lead home, especially at Christmas

Written by Sue, Tuesday,Dec. 20, 2011           an absolutely beautiful day, temps. 70's, where is winter?~smiling happily~


It's back to business as usual! except we now have someone special back home. Susan is home for Christmas. We are so happy to have her here. Marjorie Holmes said "All roads lead Home, especially at Christmas, I so agree.
Farming is like riding a bike, you never forget how!~smile~

Father and daughter delivering hay to the animals, I always love to see them together, she is truly "Daddy's little girl".

We have been busy with the lambing,

 but have been having a few problems with a few ewes not taking their lambs, so far we have lost a set of twins and one single. Susan and I went to check on the  sheep today and found another lamb abandoned by its mother,she called her dad, and together they were trying to get the lamb to take a bottle, he didn't want to, but they kept working.

Oh! so sweet, he fell asleep!  
Isaiah 40: 11~ He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, And carry them in His bosom, And gently lead those who are with young.

They tried one more time to coral the ewe hoping she would let the lamb nurse..
but to no avail, soooo

A decision had to be made, and guess where

baby lamb ended up, yep that's right

He is beginning to get the hang of things.

Great job! Susan, she wanted to give it a bath,.....but  Ma overruled her. ~LOL~
She has said she will get up for the nighttime feedings, ~smile~


We have so many things planned to do while she is here, .... shopping, baking,
spa night, and more shopping, visiting friends, campfires, movie night,.....



Thank you so much for visiting us on the Christmas tour, and for taking the time to leave us sweet notes of love.
Much love,
Sue

17 comments:

Carol said...

Your daughter is so pretty, looks just like you, Sue! Enjoy your Christmas celebrations!

Merry Christmas!
Carol

Christine said...

Susan came just in time for Christmas, Lambing, "Mothering" and being with Mom!
Good looks run in your family!!

A Hint of Home said...

How wonderful that Susan is home for Christmas! I know you will have a special time with her.
The lamb is so sweet!
Sue, your house is just beautiful! You did a great job decorating. I love the pic of you holding the door open with all the beautiful night lights. You're beautiful, too, by the way!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Enjoy your time together! Looks like she is having fun!

How many more lambs are expected?

Merry Christmas!

Deanna

Debbie said...

Oh Sue I am soo happy for you that Susan is home for Christmas. I know how pleased you must be. How sweet that lamb is. ENJOY every single moment of this time together!! HUGS

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

How sweet is the little lamb and your daughter caring for it! A joy visiting with you and seeing each photo. Love abounds here!

I know you will be enjoying every moment of your time together celebrating the birth of our Savior.

Merry Christmas, sweet Friend!

Cheryl said...

God bless beautiful Susan for adopting this dear little lamb!

Sue, I know that you are in your glory, having your dear ones home for a Christmas visit. May your days be filled with sweet moments during this blessed season...

Hugs to you...

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! Your daughter looks like she has a new friend! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Farm Girl said...

Oh I am so glad and I know she will have a great time being home with her family. Nothing says Christmas like a bummer lamb.
That would be so nice.
I know you will have a so much fun shopping.
Blessings to you my dear friend.

Vee said...

Your daughter looks so much like you...a real beauty! And she has a tender heart for poor little lambs whose mama won't feed him. Wonder why that is? Anyway, all the best as you raise this little lamb. I'm sorry for the loss of the other three.

Merry Christmas, Sue, and let the good times roll!

Elena said...

That little lamb is so sweet. It just makes me think of the Lord and how he cares for us!

Julie Harward said...

What a joy to have her home for Christmas, she is a beauty! Love the lamb story here, makes me think of the verse about...As ye have done it unto the least of these, ye have done it unto me. Have a most warm and wonderful Merry CHTRISTmas together. :D

NanaNor's said...

Merry Christmas dear Sue, I can tell you are elated to have your girl back home-she is so beautiful just like her momma. I loved that she is taking care of the lamb!
May His love and blessings overflow to you and yours this Christmas. Sending love your way.
Noreen

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Well this post knocked my socks off..I am yelling God you are sooooooooooooo good!!! Just like He is allowing her to be the mother of a new lamb He is also holding you all in His care.

Okay...I am calling Benjamin to see the pictures. Hug that beautiful daughter of yours! Enjoy...have fun...and Merry Christmas

Jenni said...

Hello, Precious friend of my heart! Wow! I am so glad I took the time to visit the farm today... I LOVED the pics you shared..... and the scripture from Isaiah is one of my faves.... there is a whole song devoted to it in Handel's Messiah, "He shall feed His Flock".... and I sang it several times when I was getting my music degree.... it is special to me...
I can tell Susan is a kind, caring lady with a heart full of compassion... she must add so much joy to y'all's life!

How I wish I were cuddling that baby lamb!

Merry Christmas, and I hope the New Year is Wonderful for you and your family!
Hugs,
Jenni

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

Let me begin with, Susan is so beautiful, what awesome pictures. I love that she is a "Daddy's Girl," and also I know that you and Susan are so very close. I love all the mother and daughter things you have planned to do together.

Oh, the little baby lamb stole my heart, and of course I cried; But I am so happy the little lamb is being showered with love, and clearly being spoiled as I can see in the photos.

God bless you friend, and your entire family.
Sending you hugs and a big smile. ~ Michele

a casa do mato said...
This comment has been removed by the author.