Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~A week that was...busy~

Written by Sue, Thursday,March 22,2012                     suntan weather, high 80's


Let me show you my new "Sloggers". What are "Sloggers? They are shoes made from rubber, that gardeners use, oh so comfortable. Cost $9.99, and I am proud to say "MADE IN THE GOOD 'OLE U.S.A.!!!. I  often wonder why retailers insult our intelligence by putting .99 on the dollar instead of rounding it off. I don't know about you , but I don't go around the store adding $9.99 + 4.99, instead I say $10.00 +$5.00. EH!!~smiling~

Wednesday.... was spent cleaning the porches from winter's grime, and spring pollen. It took me most of the day, and what a wonderful feeling to get it cleaned I mean scrubbed from top to bottom. I am already making plans for what plants I will use this summer, and how I am going to decorate. I put most of the furniture in the garage until this pollen is gone, way to much trouble to re clean ~grin~ The Sloggers came in handy for this job, because of using so much water, they kept my feet dry~

 I enjoy sitting here in the summer shelling peas and beans with family, because a breeze is always blowing, of course, it is a breezeway!
 The front porch is a favorite hangout when family comes.  Mr P. and I like to come out here early in the morning with our coffee and have devotions. When the pollen is over, we are going to put  a fresh coat of paint on the floor and I want to paint the ceiling a deeper blue.
This is the porch I call "my place", as I like to spend quiet time with the Lord,  I come here at night when everyone is sleeping and listen to the night sounds, most of the time I hear a train whistle in the far distant, and the Whippoorwill always sings me a song. I decided to wait to put my sheers up until, Yes, the pollen is gone.

Today... I  put the final coat of paint on the poles and caps for the fenced in garden. I am on a rush to get this done as most of you know that as long as it is wide open my dear chicks are on house arrest. I feel so sorry for them. I was so glad to have finished this.

Mr P. readied the land and planted our English peas, and corn, as today was a good day for above ground crops. If you look closely you can see some strawberry blossoms, which means in a few weeks I will be picking fresh strawberries, and that means strawberry jam!

Our weather has been exceptionally warm, maybe I should say hot, and I have enjoyed every minute, I have begun to get my farmers tan. LOL. I love this time of year, when everything becomes new again.

I want to thank Vee, from, A haven for Vee, for hosting "a notecard party:, yesterday. I enjoyed this party so much, and made some wonderful new friends. I am so thankful for her friendship, she is so gracious and such a wonderful person. We all wanted her to do another party, and plans are all ready in the making, I am so looking forward to her next party.
To all who stopped by and for your sweet notes, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

As you can see we have a lot of projects going on right now, it is a busy season for farmers, so I am going to take a few days to work on these projects, and to catch-up on visiting here in blogland, I also want to refresh my blog, I need to put some fresh photos up.
Until next time,
Hugs,
Sue

37 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, Sue! You have been a busy girl...you must be feeling totally back to normal, for it is "normal" for you to be a Busy Beaver!

Your porch looks wonderful...sparkling clean and so inviting. And I'll bet those chickens are grateful to their Mama Sue for getting them out of house arrest! :D

Glad you've had a productive week. I agree that Vee's party was lots and lots of fun. I hope to join in again!

Southern Lady said...

Sue, I am so glad you are feeling better and have the energy to do the things you want (and need) to do.

Your porch is so clean and pretty and I know you can't wait to start using it again. What a lovely "sanctuary!"

May God continue to bless you with good health ...

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Oh, Sue! Your porch is so beautiful! Makes me very homesick for the one we lost. I think I would be out there every sing day!!! A beautiful place to spend time with the Lord....

In Christ alone,
Cindy

Vee said...

That porch is glowing it's so clean! I was just looking at how nasty the deck is right now and thinking I should get a jumpstart on washing it, but the pollen... It will come and require a scrubbing so... And I should paint the side deck and oh the things I should paint. Procrastinator I am.

So glad that you had fun with the party. Thank you for all your help!

Paula said...

Ooooh~ I love your new Sloggers, Miss Sue! I need some of those myself~ my much boots are too hot to wear in the summer but tennis shoes or something like them just don't cut it for cleaning out the barns. :)
Your porch is so gorgeous... I can understand why that would be a perfect place to do just about anything, from shelling beans to spending time with the Lord!
Sounds like you and your Hubby are very busy~ don't work too hard now, ya hear? ((HUGS))

Debbie said...

Good morning! Your porch is so clean and shiny. it positivily glows! I LOVE it. How I would enjoy such a place. I am as always amazed at your energy. I am soo glad to see that you are back to your life as a busy bee. Have a wonderful week-end Sue! HUGS

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Sue, Where can I find the sloggers...they would be perfect for out in the garden. Your porch is divine...I love all of the space!

mum4305 said...

Your porch looks amazingly clean and inviting. Love my sloggers too, they last and last. I found mine in a local drug store.

Farm Girl said...

So nice to see what is going on in your neck of the woods. I am glad you are having warm weather. We are back to normal with rain and much cooler temps. I like your shoes!
Your porch looks fantastic. I live on mine too.
Even when it is cold.
Have a lovely weekend, I can't wait to see your Strawberries.

Jenni said...

Sue, your porch ALWAYS looks clean.... but now it looks SUPER CLEAN, hehe! You are such an inspiration. you are so industrious; such a hard worker.... love the "sloggers" those would be good to wear watering the flowers.... I always get mud on my shoes.

enjoyed those photos as always!
Hugs,
Jenni

Debbie said...

I enjoyed that party as well. I don't think I've seen a bunch of blogs and bloggers that I enjoyed more since the days when Dayle at A Collection of This and That would do her Simple Pleasures party.

I miss it.
Nice, nice folks hang out with Vee.I'm glad I found her.

As to your sloggers? I would LOVE some of those. They are in my price range too. I'm very cheap, you know.

Doniene said...

I would love to sit on the porch with you and shell peas and snap beans! That's what I do on mine!! I've been getting some hours in my garden too - just that time of year!

Blessings

Patricia said...

Your sloggers are super cute, Sue!
And that beautiful porch of yours looks spotless!
You must be feeling a lot more energetic nowdays - I'm so glad :-)
I bet you're looking forward to picking those lovely strawberries soon.
We still have a few ripening up in our backyard, which is nice to see.
Well, you enjoy playing with your blog and putting up new photos etc.
I know it will look fabulous!
And thanks for your sweet comments and kind words, Sue.
They truly mean a lot to me!
love and blessings..Trish xx

NanaNor's said...

Hi dear Sue, Oh what fun to read all you are doing; I'll keep an eye out for the Sloggers-my girls would love them. I love your front porch-mine is too small to really sit and visit there but I do have an old plastic wicker chair and I put a plant out too. I love catching up on your gardening. BTW, do you have a favorite juice that you make? I mainly use Spinach, Kale(good for the liver), celery, carrots, apples, ginger, strawberries when they are in season. Have a blessed weekend-I somehow missed Vee's postcard post so I'll go check her out-since I follow her.
Hugs, Noreen

Susan said...

So glad to see you at it again!!!
I really love your porch! I would like to know however where you bought sloggers for 9.99? I need a new pair and all I have found are more like $30.....of course the girls want some too :o) $$$ there goes $100......We are deep into spring clean up around here too but our spring is a bit behind yours.
Blessings!
*Susan*

Elena said...

Your porch is so beautiful!! I have always dreamed of having a porch as I love to sit outside in the summer time! God bless you today!

Angela said...

Sue, I love those sloggers and your blog is fabulous.

Susan B said...

Hi Sue,
You have been a busy lady! I love the photos you share...and I love your porches. It would be so lovely to sit out there at night and listen to the night sounds. Thank you so much for sharing your day. :)

I hope you have a blessed Sunday!

Christine said...

It's always so much fun to visit The Farm!
That porch just calls my name to sit and enjoy. I don't think I would get much done because there are so many wonderful views to enjoy. When you sit a spell, enjoy for me!

Julie Harward said...

I can tell that it is Spring there, looks like you are all just a hopping! Love that big old front porch with all the swings! We have a big wrap around too, love it! I have some out door shoes too, mine have lady bugs on them. Enjoy Spring. :D

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh this want to be gardener needs a pair of those shoes!!

Oh your porch...well it is just a dream...and I know about that pollen, I am horrible about leaving the windows open then having to dust for days...enjoy when it is gone.

Your garden looks wonderful..yea on the strawberries

Oh missed the party...I took a break, I will have to catch it next time!

Hugs!!from Benjamin and I

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Sue, first of all I have to say that I'm going to be looking for the Sloggers! They look just the thing for wearing outside tending gardens.

You have a beautiful home and I'm very envious of your porch! Great place for devotions! I love my patio, but having a roof overhead would be very nice to be under when there is a nice gentle rain in the summertime!

I missed Vee's party since I've been on a bloggy break. I'll have to come back when I have more time and catch up on posts I've missed.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy this beautiful spring!

Sandi McBride said...

We've been working in the garden and freshening up the patio and cleaning out the koi pond..I love this time of year!
Sandi

Lois Christensen said...

Your porch looks so beautiful and inviting! What a job that must have been to wash it all down! Hubby did our back porch last weekend and I tried to clean up our front porch. My back doesn't allow me to do all I used to! Love the pictures of the garden! Looks so beautiful!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I love those Sloggers- look like a big step up from my old Crocs. Your porch is sparkling and shiny, looking brand new. I need to clean windows, but not quite finished here with the yucky green pine pollen.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I want some sloggers! I will have to look for some! They will come in handy around our place!

You have been a busy gal, and that is fun isn't it?

I have project plans ahead and will share soon!

Deanna

Rebecca said...

Wish I had the energy to keep our front porch looking as clean and crisp as yours, Sue!

Hope the pollen settles down soon and you find the time to complete all your "projects"!

(Need to find me some of those Sloggers!) And I SO agree about the subtle pricing....

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

Love all the pictures! Wow, what beautiful views from the porch, and an awesome place to spend time alone with God.

I want to wish you and your family a very blessed Easter.
Love & hugs
~ michele

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Sue,
Wow, I knew there was a reason I hadn't seen your posts on my blogroll for awhile. For some reason, Blogger is deleting some of the blogs I follow from my blog roll. I know that I didn't delete them :) :) I hope you and your family are doing well.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your front porch. i remember when you fixing it up. It looks really lovely :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

no spring chicken said...

You have no idea how much I want to come hang on that beautiful porch and gaze at all of the loveliness. You've created quite the paradise for yourselves...

It's wonderful to hear that you are feeling more like your old self. And those fabulous sloggers are going to make you smile all season! They certainly made me smile. :)

Blessings, Debbie

Anonymous said...

Love those new garden shoes they look like they would be comfortable.

Wow your porch looks wonderful! It looks brand new.

You and your hubby work hard and it surely shows.

Thanks for sharing
Tania

Patsy said...

Hope all is well with you both.
Happy Easter!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your porch is beautiful....Happy Easter!

Susan said...

Happy Easter Sue, HE IS RISEN!!!

Christine said...

He has Risen!
Happy Easter.

Just thought I'd drop by and let you know that I'm thinking of you.

Kim Crreasy said...

Dear Mrs. Sue, I am crushed that your blog is now private but I completely understand with the recent situation with your pictures being stolen and used fraudulently. I do have to say thank you, and yet that seems soooo insignificant. You have been a mentor and "older woman" that Thessalonians talks about...older women teaching the younger. I have learned so much about farm life, gardening, canning, flower cutting, decorating, ect. I have loved all your pictures. Most of all I have learned to see the fingerprints of God in my everyday life. I wish you and dh could come to dinner with me and my dh. However, it just occurred to me I WILL indeed meet you someday and I sooooooooo look forward to it! In His love, Kim Creasy

Lois Christensen said...

Just stopping by to see how you are feeling and hoping you had a nice Easter!