Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~New Year Thoughts~


Written by Sue, Thursday January2, 2014, Raining today, cold, breezy, temps. low 40s and getting colder!
Daughter Susan is home for Christmas and New Year, on the very first day of the new year, we had our traditional collard greens, blackeye peas,with my mom's corn bread patties!

went fishing,, while Dear One built the bon fire!
 First and only caught fish of the new year !!
We ended the day with a bon fire.What a great way to start the new year! Hope your first day was special too!
Of course toasted marshmallows!
As I was sitting by the fire gazing at the sky last night, I noticed the trees above us and of how they had shed their leaves,  there they stood, bare, just waiting for a new beginning, in a few months these trees will begin to bud , as we enter summer the trees will eventually be in full bloom, when fall arrives the leaves will burst forth in a blaze of glory, then winter slowly creeps in, and  the leaves will once again shed to their bare branches, and the process begins again.
~The love between a dog and his master is priceless~
Just like the trees on this cold rainy day we are all bare and beginning a new year, filled with hopes and dreams for 2014, and like the trees we will once again begin to bud, as time presses on, and we work to bring these dreams to fruition we will blossom into full bloom, soon the year begins to draw to a close, and hopefully by then we will have accomplished our goals,just like the leaves in fall show their beautiful color!
As the  year comes to an end,  we will once again shed all of the things of the past year, especially the things we don't want in our lives,  we are once again given a new slate to continue to write our life's story!
Last night as I looked at the clock at midnight, (yes, we are staying up late while daughter is here) I looked at my family and said, "Wow, we have just used a full day of this new year, and it was a fast and glorious day." I have found since getting older that the days do fly by! ~smile~
Wishing you a most Blessed and Happiest of New Years!
Love, 
Sue
P.S. I have not been a very good bloggers lately, I do apologize, I am trying to change this! When famiy visits, Mr P. and I lay down as much as possible things that occupy our time so as to spend quality time with them. 

21 comments:

Meg said...

Happy New Year Sue! I'm so glad you've had your daughter to visit with you. :)

Southern Lady said...

Susan is beautiful ... and I know you are loving every minute of your time with her.

Best wishes to you and Mr. P and your family for a new year filled with sweet memories-in-the-making.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What a fun way to spend the first day of the new year. I've been away from blogging as well for almost two weeks but will get back in the groove on Monday. Just can't be thinking about blogging during the holidays. Happy new year to you!

Debbie said...

How happy I am for you that you have had Susan around to enjoy for the holidays...can't get enough of that kind of time can we? I know how hard it is to let them go when it is over of course so praying you adjust quickly. Looking forward to you getting back in the blogging groove, I've missed you! Wishing you and yours a healthy, joyous, and blessed new year! HUGS

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your daughter is so pretty. You can tell she is a cheerful person! I think she must be like her lovely mama!

Happy New Year Sue!

Deanna

Unknown said...

I have been out of the loop, too, Sue. So many other things going on, but I get to missing my great blog friends, so I begin again. We've all been there! So glad you picked it up again, too. I have never eaten any of your traditional "new year's dinner" food. Do you make it because it's really wonderful, or because it's tradition? :-)

ellen b. said...

Your daughter's lovely. What a fun tradition to have a bonfire!
Happy New Year to you and yours!

Vee said...

As you should do...give your attention to the ones you are with! I like your analogy! Here's wishing you a delightful New Year and may I say that I am impressed with your late nights. = D

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Your pretty daughter looks like her mother. I'm glad you and your family had such a wonderful time over the holidays. Happy New Year to all of you!

NanaNor's said...

From my heart and home to yours, New Years blessings to you and Mr.P. I loved seeing how you spent some time outdoors-what a joy to have your daughter home! May this new year be filled with His richest blessings.
Love,
Noreen

Cheryl said...

Enjoyed hearing your New Year's thoughts this morning, Sue. I agree with you...the cycle of a year just goes by faster all the time! And I am ever more certain that it is important to savor these days and use them for His glory.

I know that you have been savoring your days spent with your beautiful daughter! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Debbie said...

It's good to know that she was there. I know exactly how wonderful that is because I had my oldest here with us too and it was great! Yes, blogging can take a back seat to family, and it should. But when everything settles down, we all like to know what everyone else did and it's something to look forward to.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy New Year, lovely lady!

Yes, they do seem to fly, and it makes it important to cherish each one.

xo

Sheila

Christine said...

Your daughter looks just like you!
Blessed, you are!
Your analogy of the bare trees and how we are at the new year, is perfect. God knew you needed to let us know what He was thinking!

Susan B said...

A very Happy New Year to you Sue!! I'm so glad that you've been able to spend some time with your daughter. It looks like you've started off your new year right. I hope 2014 is filled with many blessings!! :)

Elena said...

Happy New Year! I loved your analogy of the trees. So true how we wait in expectation of what the new year brings.

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

What a fun post! Your daughter is beautiful - she looks just like her mom!

Gotta love fresh fish, bon fires and toasted marshmallows, what a fun day!

Happy New Year sweet friend!

Hugs,
Barb

BECKY said...

Happy New Year Sue! Glad to hear things on the farm are good!! I know you enjoyed having your daughter home! Such a blessing!
May your new year be lovely and full of rich blessings!
Hugs,
Becky

Debbie said...

First: Your daughter is very beautiful and looks just like you.

Second: I love what you said about the trees. I used to have such a dislike for the bare trees of winter. Lately, I have been looking at them in a different light, and this has given me yet one more reason to consider them lovely.

Well done!

Kathi said...

Happy New Year Sue! It looks like you had a very fun day with your lovely daughter. I like your traditions. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. It's so nice to be back. You inspire me so much too! Love, Kathi

Patsy said...

You know that something happen to me, said I had to pay to put photo's on my blog. That is why I don't have photo's anymore on Bible Questions and Answers.I said fare well on other blog to my blogger friends, was not going to post any more. Then one day I tried it and they let me post photo's again. I lost a lot of friends but I am back for now.
Pray you will be back and feeling better soon.