Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Sunday thoughts by the pond~

Written by Sue, Sunday, April 7. 2019,,, partly sunny very warm, a beautiful day, indeed.


My scripture verse for 2019 is Isaiah 41:13~ For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, fear not, I will help you.

Many times I have found myself in circumstances that seemed to overwhelm me to the point that I became fearful of the outcome, sometimes it has been sickness, financial circumstances, family situations, and many more.

Being a Christian does not make us infallible, we are human beings, sometimes emotions such as fear can and do take over us. Here, God is reassuring me who He is to me, He is the Lord of my life, he says he will hold my right hand, while telling me that  I am not to be afraid, I envision the Lord reaching for my right hand, sometimes having to pull me up, all the while saying, do not fear my child, I have got this no need to worry! Thus I'm given the courage to deal with and overcome the situation! The key I believe is trusting who God is and what His word says He will do.We are never alone to face life's situation.


Blessings,
Sue


7 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

What a beautiful post. God is always there for us, loving us and
helping us. There is nothing that He wont' help us with if we but ask. I have felt His hand many times, lifting me up, and sometimes, helping me along when I don't think I can take another step. Life is so much easier knowing that He is but a whisper away.

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Indeed, my word for this year is TRUST. I so often get myself worked up over some situation and act like I'm in control of it. Then I'm reminded to trust the ONE who is in charge and is capable of bringing me through. Great post!

Sandi said...

Amen!

This blessed me. Thank you, Sue.

"who He is"

That's it right there. :)

Sandi said...

Weird...I am certain I was Following you, but then I saw that I wasn't... well, I fixed it and clicked Follow! I don't know how that happened.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Sue, we are never alone. God is there waiting to give us His hand. What a beautiful reminder to put our trust in the One that made us. Thank you.

Shug said...

such a great post. Thank you for the Blessing of the words you have written about Trust...

ellen b. said...

So sweet and encouraging dear Sue, thank you for sharing these truths!