Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Waiting patiently~

Written by Sue, Tuesday, July 23, 2019  cloudy, rain in afternoon, hot, waiting for cold front.

Today is  a day of waiting, waiting for  Lowe's delivery man to deliver my new washer and dryer. The only answer I could get about arrival time was 'they will call 20 mins. before they come.'
I can't start any new projects, such as caning tomatoes, making salsa, and my newest project is making pickled okra. Oh! well, there is tomorrow. So today is rest, and blog day, I am so enjoying catching up.

However, while I am waiting let me share some of my patriotic decorations, these have been up since May, I will be taking them down within the next two weeks,replacing them with my fall decorations,I am so ready, it has been and is a long hot summer, of course, you might know by now that fall is my favorite season., I have a tendency to rush it.
I try and decorate our home for many seasons and holidays, it just seems to brighten each time of the year.
 This is the breakfast nook, one of the most used rooms. The chandelier came from our old home place, I just couldn't part with it.

This is the foyer, I enjoy seeing the red,white and blue lights on the tree at night.


The dining room is one of my favorite rooms, I love stopping by in the morning and seeing how the sun brightens the room.

I also love this view when coming down the stairs, I call my style, 'eclectic', I love farmhouse,country, traditional,folk, no modern for me. I love the richness of wood especially oak,and find it hard to paint them, I have debated so many times of whether or not to paint this hall tree, so far it is holding its own.


While writing this post we had that much needed rain come in, giving thanks to our heavenly Father for His many blessings. Mr P got caught in the rain, was soaked, but didn't mind,~smile~ rain in summer is so refreshing like a warm shower.


Have a blessed afternoon.
Sue

16 comments:

Pam Richardson said...

Sue, yay for the new washer and dryer! Your patriotic decor is so pretty, love the quilts on the tables. I wouldn’t paint the hall tree, it is lovely with its warm oak wood! Have a beautiful week, enjoy the rain!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I love your patriotic decor. Can you tell me where you got the rug that is under the dining table? I would like to find one like that. Have a great day!

Sandi said...

I love the last shot of the thunderstorm and the porch!

Billie Jo said...

Dearest Sue,

Thank you for sharing these amazing photos of your beautiful home!
I love your views!
And your red, white, and blue decor is perfect for this time of year.
Like you, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of fall!!!!
Something so cozy about that time of year.
Have a lovely day and yay for the new washing and drying machines!

Mrs.T said...

What a beautiful home, Sue! I particularly like the view coming down the stairs. Your red, white and blue tree lights are lovely too, along with all of your patriotic decor.

I also love how you used quilts as tablecloths. I would never dare to do that. A spill would be sure to happen!

Vee said...

Oh if you are catching a break, I hope that they don’t come too soon. A new washer and dryer! Fun! I know it’s been a long hot summer for you, but I am not one bit ready for fall. We can agree that it is our favorite season. I love your dining room. It is such a cozy, beautiful room.

ellen b. said...

I would be very comfortable in your eclectic home. I use that word to describe my home, too. Nothing modern except for appliances. Hopefully your new appliances have arrived by now. Love the quilt on the table. That photo you caught of the summer storm is so dramatic. I like it.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What a warm and welcoming home you have. I love the hall tree and I'm with you, I could never paint it. I just cringe when I see folks chalk paint the gorgeous wood furniture. Not happening at this house. :o)) Hope that washer and dryer finally arrived and you were able to get on with your other projects. Hugs!

Cheryl said...

I trust that your washer and dryer have arrived by now . . . maybe you've already done a couple of loads of laundry! Sometimes we are able to see waiting time as a gift. Other times, we are chomping at the bit for something to happen! (I would like to think that I can see the gift, but I'm afraid I am chomping at the bit a little too often.) Anyway, I am glad that you were able to enjoy a little down time today.

Did I hear you say FALL?! It's my favorite too, but I guess we'll have to wait a little longer. (There's that word again . . . wait.)

Eclectic? Maybe. But I see cozy and welcoming and loved!

Aritha said...

The last photo is so nice. Love all the photos. American homes are so different from Dutch homes. Great!

Theresa said...

Yes, the rain came to see us yesterday too. I love all of your red, white and blue! Warms my heart❤️ Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

Vee said...

Did the appliances arrive in good time? Have you been washing everything in sight?

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Your farmhouse home is beautiful and so warm and inviting. The sunshine through the windows and the view from the window is lovely. I really enjoyed your previous post with the abundant canning photos. You just amaze me with your skills, talents and hospitality not to mention your level of energy to do it all.

I don't like having to replace appliances but I do love using them when they arrive. We are currently waiting for a new garage door and opener. Our current door is 35 years old and I have painted it every year and John has replaced a window and a spring through the years. But we agreed that is is time for a new one.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

living from glory to glory said...

Dearest Sue, I love your home decor and design and those who dwell in it...
You make us home girls look down right happy and productive! May everything you set your hand to prosper and be a blessing to all! Much Love, Roxy

wisps of words said...

What a beautiful front porch view!!!!!!!!!

✨🍑✨