Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~I spent all my birthday money~

Written by Sue, Friday August 9, 2019  hot, humid, sunny 90's

I did something I don't ever remember doing..... I have a birthday this week,  per Mr P.'s suggestion, I have been celebrating it all week, and he has been helping me This has been a week of doing just what I felt like. I think it could become a habit. ~smile~๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Monday~ Blogging, enjoying flowers from Susan๐Ÿ’

Tuesday~resting, enjoying my flower garden
My Asiatic Lilies are in full bloom, the fragrance is so wonderful., each year I seem to get more and more, because they self seed, when the wind blows the seed are scattered about the garden.
 These are planted along the walkway going out to my clothes line, so aromatic, I linger.
 Wednesday~ shopping for fall clothes
I rarely shop for clothes, especially in the summer when I'm so busy, I actually went to my favorite dept. store for one small item, the minute I walked in, there were all these sale signs. I thought it wouldn't hurt just to look, well the rest is history, I had so much fun, here are some tops, I also bought some jeans all half priced with 40% extra, my receipt says I saved aver 500.00!
Thursday~ shopping for fall decorated lunch with Mr.P.
Fall is my favorite season,  I live in such a hot, humid  climate,  this year has been an extra long,  hot summer, I am about ready for some changes both in color and temps.It doesn't take much to get me in the mood for fall, ~wink~


This little guy was half price,  he/she had such a cute face,  I know it isn't fall decor but I just couldn't resist, 50% off~wink~

Friday~
That is today, I am blogging once again, (enjoying it too,) catching up on laundry, seeing if the larger tub will do the job on rugs and pillows, so far so good,I am also piddling around the house. I love to piddle, do you?   Sunday will end my birthday week, Let's see.... that's two days from now, wonder what adventure awaits me.๐Ÿ˜‡
Love,
Sue     



24 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Happy Birthday! This would be my dream week! My favorite thing to do is shop. I love your fall purchases, especially the pillow with the truck full of pumpkins. The clothes are very pretty as well. What fun a birthday week is, I must try it! This cow picture is so darn cute! Your lilies are beautiful!

Vee said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds as if you’ve been having a grand time this birthday week. Keep having fun...

Sandi said...

Happy birthday!

Cute cow. :)

Is it Fall already??

Linda said...

Happy Birthday! I love the way you celebrate! I also love your back yard! I would be happy to walk down your path to the clothesline and hang out your laundry for you! I am going to ask a Louis Dean for a clothesline for my birthday next month!
Wishing you a lovely weekend! I’m so excited! It’s just 23 days to September First!!

Farm Girl said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Sue! What a wonderful week. I am so glad you have had such a nice birthday. Its all just lovely. I am so looking forward to fall. Even though I am trying to enjoy August.
I am glad you are piddling around too, nothing I like better than doing that too.
Blessings to you.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy birthday...WEEK! What fun you've had and what a boost to your spirits to do so many things you enjoy! I love Fall colors too and got my house in good enough order now to decorate for Fall. I've been cleaning up a storm but I need to stop and enjoy it for awhile! Have fun this weekend! Wish I was there to celebrate with you! Hugs!

Mrs.T said...

Happy Birthday week, Sue! Your hubby sure sounds like a keeper, to have come up with the idea of celebrating all week! That sounds like the sort of idea my hubby would have.

Your fall finds are just lovely. I especially like the pillow with the red truck and the one with the row of primitive houses. And your tops too ... I especially like the cream top with the pretty trim.

Have a wonderful weekend!

ellen b. said...

Good for you for celebrating all week. I love that idea and wholeheartedly approve. You found some nice bargains. Love the pillows. Enjoy those 2 more days of celebrating dear Sue!

Dianna said...

What a lovely way to celebrate your birthday! Your week sounds heavenly. :) Hope you enjoyed every minute.

Anonymous said...

Sue, your week sounds chalk full of wonderful moments! Happy Birthday to you! Love all the flowers and good job on your shopping sales!!! I too am looking forward to the cooler weather and autumn. Your cow picture is adorable! Have a lovely weekend! xo

Rebecca said...

Happy birthday, Sue! Can't wait to see how you wrap up your celebration!
I didn't realize that is how Asiatic lilies propagate...I live autumn, too...and the cow painting is GREAT! ISomeday, I'd like to find a sheep painting (at a great price).

happyone said...

I like the idea of a birthday week! Sounds like you are enjoying it to the fullest.
A very Happy Birthday to you!!

wisps of words said...

I always feel, one should only do what one wants, on their Birthday. Your idea is better! A whole week of doing only what you want! Delightful!!!!!

And belated Happy Birthday Wishes to you!!!

Gentle hugs,
✨๐Ÿ‘✨

Gayla said...

Celebrating your week sounds so fun... I love your new clothes and fall haul! I am glad to hear I have backup for my "early" fall decorating spirit. Happy birthday!

R's Rue said...

Great week.

Cheryl said...

I love the idea of a birthday week! And why not?! Sounds like you made some great celebration choices! (Taking notes here . . . my birthday is in a couple of weeks and I'm getting some inspiration!) ;)

From The Heart said...

Happy Birthday! We have 4 birthdays this month. My Mom and mY brother also had birthdays in August.
August is a good month!
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Edna B said...

Happy Birthday to you. It sounds like your whole week was just wonderful. Thank you for stopping by. I have to say, your home and yard are just gorgeous. I love shopping a great sale too. And that picture of the cow is simply adorable! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Love how you spent your way...I need to do that! Thanks for stopping by!! I am now following you!!
Hugs,
Deb

Theresa said...

Wow. Happy Birthday! ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽˆ. Looks like a lot of goodies. Have a blessed day dear friend. Hugs

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Birthday! What a great week you had. I love the items you bought and I would have bought that cow too!

Carla from The River said...

Happy Birthday :-) I like to piddle around to, it is my favorite way to spend a day, especially in the garden.
Have a great new week!
Carla

Pam Richardson said...

Happy birthday Sue! What a fun week you had doing the things that were fun and relaxing. Wishing you a beautiful Monday!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Happiest of birthdays and at our stage of life I think it's an awesome idea to celebrate all week. May the year ahead be full of God's richest blessings for you.