Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~She's back~ It"s Hodgepodge Wednesday~


Written by Sue, Wednesday March 25, 2020   cloudy, showers, cool, 50's
Here we go-


From this Side of the Pond

1. Howdy Hodgepodgers. It's kind of fun to be back, isn't it?  Last time we met was September, 2018. Tell me something big-important-happy-or sad that's happened in your life since that date. Just one thing. We don't know how long this current isolation situation is going to last and we might need to dole out our news bit by bit.

Wow! I have gotten a wee bit older, and hopefully a little wiser..

2. Might as well get this out of the way early on...COVID-19. On
 a scale of 1-5 how serious are you about keeping your distance? Explain. fyi-I didn't create the scale but have seen it several places online. Also fyi-we won't onlyhave virus related questions each week, but for this first one it feels right.

1-Not at all, living normally
2-Cautious but still going out
3-Going out as needed, mostly home or working from home, still seeing friends/family
4-Extremely limited, only going out when unavoidable, minimal contact with people
5-Full lockdown, no one in or out
Number 4, as Dh and I just happen to fall into that age group that is most vulnerable.

3. Raise your hand if you think you might run out of steam in the cooking departbefore it's all said and done? What's something delicious you've cooked or eaten in your own kitchen in the past week?
I love to cook/bake, so I think I have got this covered.
Our daughter Susan brought  a pan of homemade lasagne over yesterday, made with ground elk. I usually resist eating wild game,  but tried it anyhow, it was delicious, absolutely delicious! I have now added a first for me.

4. What's a television show or movie you've seen recently (it could be an oldie) that you really liked?

I watched, Beverly Lewis', "The Shunning", last evening, enjoyed it so much.

5. Share something funny you've seen or heard this week.
Our second son is visiting again from out of state, he came home to help take care of the animals and farm chores while Mr P. is recuperating from knee surgery, he went to let the sheep into the big pasture to graze, 


Uncle Joe, our oldest male donkey slipped out the gate, was running all over the farm our son was trying to catch and lasso him, with no success! Dre finally realized the only way he was going to lure Uncle Joe back was with a bucket of sweet feed, Voila! Works every time.

Naughty boy!

6. Insert your own random thought here

During this most trying time, I have been so encouraged by your thoughts on your posts, even though I have not posted regularly, You have demonstrated your resilience under pressure, your strong faith, great ideas on how you are making the most of your time, I find so much encouragement, keep them coming.
Mr P. and I continue to have our morning devotions, reading, memorizing scripture verses, making plans for gardens. I continue to listen to music, music is so calming.
Last but not least, dh and I  try and keep a thankful heart. The first words I read this morning were "LET THANKFULNESS TEMPER ALL YOUR THOUGHTS." 
  
Ephesians 5:20_ giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in  the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

A big shout out to Joyce, for having Hodgepodge Wednesday again,  come join the fun!


Blessing. 
Sue



31 comments:

Pam said...

Hey Sue....I know this virus has everyone all messed up. I am in that group of asthma. Although mine is a seasonal thing it just so happens that the season is spring and that is when I have issues, and it just so happens that the virus showed up in the spring. I have been staying busy and I have been to the store some cause I have to have food. Yesterday I did a bandana around my nose and mouth and disposal gloves on. I make sure hands are washed before touching face. Stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Sue, you have been missed! I think we would fall into the 4 range too. The age group and my husband's leukemia.

God is faithful to His people and we know our time is in His hands. That being said, I do believe in being informed and realistic. And most of all thankful for the gift of each and every day. xo

ellen b. said...

So happy to have hodgepodge back and I enjoyed your answers and insights. That donkey just makes me smile. Your random thought is a great encouragement. Thankful for you and all my bloggy friends. Stay safe and keep the Faith!

Joyce said...

I'm really enjoying reading answers today. It's nice to be back with some familiar faces and new faces too. The donkey is so cute! Take care and stay well!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Take care and stay well! :)

Cathy said...

I remember reading the book, The Shunning and it was excellent!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue. First of all, thank you for visiting my blog this morning. What a lovely corner of Internet Land that you are inhabiting as well! I absolutely adore the photo of your naughty boy. It reminded me of Nicki Koziarz's Fixer Upper Farm. I follow her on Instagram, and her naughty boy is Fred. He is too precious for words. Have a wonderful day!

Patti said...

Hi Sue, thanks for visiting my Hodgepodge this morning. You have a sweet blog. Love the picture of the sheep and naughty Uncle Joe. Oh, and those blossoming trees are gorgeous!

I echo your random thought. We must, indeed, keep our focus Heavenward. God is still in control!

Blessings,
Patti @ Writing to Remember

Ginny Hartzler said...

It's good to see you! We are #4, and high risk, like you. I am glad to see you are both doing well!

Wendy said...

Thanks for your visit. I'm glad to see the Hodgepodge back, introducing new blogs to me etc. Had to laugh at the donkey story. I could just picture someone chasing after it. We need to keep laughing at the moment. Stay well.

Barbara said...

"LET THANKFULNESS TEMPER ALL YOUR THOUGHTS." What wonderful counsel for all of us at all times!

So the saying about food is the way to a man's heart also applies to male donkeys!!!

Great blog post, Sue! Very uplifting.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So good to hear from you again. Welcome back! I guess we are all trying to work through this time of "isolation" in the best ways possible. Hubby took me for a brief ride this morning as I have not been out of the house in over a week, primarily because I am still recuperating from surgery along with avoiding the virus. It felt good just to see a little bit of scenery for a few minutes! We are thankful for all that God is doing in our midst and trusting Him to see us through. One day at a time.

Mama Squirrel said...

Love the donkey photo!

happyone said...

Enjoyed reading your answers to the questions.
We are a 4 too as I think most people are.
Glad Uncle Joe came running back!! :)

Betty W said...

I love your random thoughts. So true. Let us be thankful for what we have. Makes it all the more easier.
Love your beautiful farm!

Stacy said...

Oh, I loved seeing the picture of the sheep...it looks so pretty. So Springy!! We are not that far along at all here in PA. And I am in serious like with your naughty boy, Uncle Joe. Donkeys are one of my favorite animals. I hope you and your family continue to stay safe and healthy!

Christine said...

You know... I didn't want to post anything at first. But there is something so refreshing or soothing (or both), to reflecting and creating.
Good job! Keeping writing we all enjoy visiting The Farm!

bp said...

Nice to visit you today on the Hodgepodge, thanks for visiting my post at Raindrops and Rainbows.

I'm glad you can stay in and stay safe during this time. I have loved reading many Beverly Lewis books. I don't believe I've seen them as movies, I'll have to do that.

God bless your day!
Bethany

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Enjoyed reading your post, and your donkey adventure made me smile.
I'm #4 on the list.

CHERI said...

Oh, I do love the face of that cute donkey! Guess he got tired of his isolation and decided to make a break for it. I know exactly how he feels!!!! So sick of this isolation. I stay in since I have asthma...and do a whole lotta praying. May you and yours stay safe and cozy at home. And give that donkey a hug for me:)

Cheryl said...

Sue, it's good to hear from you and to know that you and your hubby are both well . . . and that you and your family are keeping in touch and helping one another. According to the scale, I think we're a 3.5. We are mostly inside this house (occasional grocery run, a few drive-through coffees) and Ron is working from home, but we have seen parts of our family, a few at a time.

Challenging times for sure! I am so grateful that I know Who holds tomorrow!

Kelly-Anne ♥ The Diary of a Country Girl said...

Lovely to stop by, Sue!
I love that more people are blogging again due to being confined to their homes...there is always a silver lining! I will be off work for three weeks as our country goes into lockdown tonight, so I am looking forward to catching up on a few things and hopefully blogging more regularly!
Oh, I enjoyed the movies based on Beverly Lewis' novels..the next one is really good too!
Sending hugs...have a blessed Thursday!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

We are a #5 right now but eventually we have to get some supplies. So nice that you have seen your daughter and that your son came to help out. I'm missing my kids and grandson. The donkey is so cute. Take care and stay well....

Vee said...

Oh I’m glad to know that your son is back to help. Yay! Yes, I am #4 as well. It’s been 12 days and I have been right here. I am getting antsy, though. Perhaps I’ll take a short drive on this sunny, warm day.

The Frau said...

What a lovely blog and such sweet (and innocent!!??!!) looking animals! :)
Glad you are safe - and seeing some kids take care of you.
God bless!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Sue, it always makes my heart smile when I read your entries. So glad your son is there to pick up the slack during this time. Take care and stay well.

Mevely317 said...

Great response to #1! Your "Uncle Joe" is adorable! I shouldn't laugh about his getting out; really I shouldn't ... but yes, the way in which you write had me in stitches.

wisps of words said...

Gentle hugs,
🌸 🌸 🌸

Theresa said...

We are also in that age group and mostly just staying home except for grocery shopping. Thankfully the weather is nice and we can at least get outside. Love reading your answers and that verse. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Carla from The River said...

Hi Sue,
I enjoyed reading your answers. Thank you for the comments over at The River. My Sam is doing well. He talked with his sergeant today, they continue to be on top of helping as needed.
I enjoyed the story about your donkey. LOL
Stay safe and take care,
Carla

Theresa said...

Loved the picture of your farm and animals. It must be a lot of work but what a great way of life. Animals can have such a calming effect on us. Nice to meet you through the Hodgepodge :)