Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for our children and of our relationship with them. Even though they live so far away and have their own families, they take the time to stay in touch. Don't you just love the feeling when the phone rings and you hear that voice"Hi MOM, or Mother" on the other end?

Todays seem to be one of those staying in touch days, I have talked with two of them this morning as a matter of fact have had long conversations with both. It is so wonderful that our adult children still want to share the goings on in their lives with us.

One of the most gratifying things is to know that even with their busy lives they still want to talk. There are times they just want to say hi, and to tell us they love us, but there are other times when they need encouragement or advice, sometimes asked for other times freely given. lol And there are times all they want is a listening ear, with a mother's heart.

No matter what I am doing, when I see them calling I always stop  and give them my undivided attention. I am also thankful that when I call my heavenly Father, He always stops and puts His listening ear to my voice.

However most of the time they are either driving,(which we don't approve), eating, or on the run. Must be this generation of ultra multi-tasking. lol

For today I am a mother who is blessed beyond measure.

Hope you day is filled with many blessings,
Love,
Sue

5 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

awwww you ARE blessed ♥

Anonymous said...

Yes, I feel it to -- I am blessed with wonderful children all three of them and addon too (one son inlaw and two daughter inlaws as well).. grateful I am indeed.. sweet post!

Farm Girl said...

That is so sweet Sue, It is so nice that they call you just to talk. My birthday is this weekend and for the first time, there will be no birthday call from my mom. So it is a blessing to read about your kids calling you today. I also love it when I hear their sweet voices at the end of the phone. I know when my Dad would call and say, "Hey Kim Sue," it was always so special. I am thankful that God knows my name. I don't know what I would do without a heavenly Father.
Have a very nice rest of the day.
Great post!! I love your pictures.
Love,
Kim

Mrs. Paul said...

How excited I was to have a visitor today Sue! Being a new blogger I get excited like a little child when someone comments -- thank you. Your corner of the world here is just gorgeous! I will be back to visit often because the joy of the Lord is so evident in all your writings.
Blessings to you,
Dorothy

Unknown said...

How precious these moments are, aren't they!

Have a great eve.
TTFN ~ Hugs in love, Marydon