Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

So much for writing A  Simple Woman's Day book, yesterday, as nothing I planned happened other than getting the water heater installed. Yea!! LOL I m not complaining mind you because I got some other things done. lol. So I have now added the things I didn't do to my today's list.
Here is how it went....

I went for my walk, and made the mistake,  right decision to walk by some of my flower beds. Well, you know how it goes.."I will just pull a couple of weeds, and then go cut the broccoli and cabbage." I ended up weeding for three hours, and when I got through I could hardly stand up. lol. I looked at my dh, (as he was busy sanding the porch,) looking for some sympathy. And I got it ( I am so spoiled.) He, "Oh honey you go in the house take your shower and play on your computer." Music to my ears, right, except... I don't have any hot water,. What was I thinking going out to the flower garden and getting so dirty, with no hot water. Now, I know none of you have ever done anything like this. hhmm! I am thinking...
We had to run a fan to try and dry the floor and sub flooring. I am so thankful for no structural damage, my oak floor didn't fair so well.

What did my parents and grandparents do. They didn't have hot water inside... why they heated water on the stove and put it in a tin tub, OHHH!! Okay Got It.

I get my big pot out and the rest is history, clean body, hair washed, and computer time. Yea!! We went out for dinner, because Mr. Plumber didn't finish until late. Hubby did get a lukewarm shower. My grandmother used to say "Where there is a will, there is a way", how true.
So for today, the broccoli will be cut, and froze. My mother called and wants to come for a visit, and will help with the broccoli, as I always share with her. Today I hope to get the house back in order. You know how it goes when you have people running in and out of the house. I am most thankful for the hot water. I never knew how much I used until I didn't have any. I really have been thinking about, and appreciating  my ancestors and how much harder they had to work.

A welcome sight for sure.
Hope your day is filled with many blessing from our Heavenly Father. James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
Hugs,
Sue

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Good morning Sue, Yay for hot water!! You made me laugh about walking by the flowerbeds and just pulling a couple of weed, for three hours. :) That is so funny, I was impressed with how clean your closet is for the water heater. Mine is not that clean. Have a lovely day with you Mom. It sounds like a very nice Wednesday. Your husband sounds like such a sweetie.
I have enjoyed your stories of your trial of the water heater.
You have let your light shine.
Love,
Kim

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

First of all, I'm so glad you have flowers to weed - we are still getting snow, can you believe it?! I know how that weeding thing goes though, I am the side-track queen!

So sorry to hear about your water-heater! I'm so glad you got one installed and didn't have to wait too long, but, drying out isn't fun. I once complained about doing my laundry to my grandmother, and she explained to me the process she had to go through just to do one batch! I never complained again - we are so blessed!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Blessings and Hugs,
Barb

Deborah Ann said...

Well you are one busy bee! I made the same mistake you did, pulling weeds. It took longer than I thought it would, and oh did I hurt all over later on!

Blessings, and take a nice long rest...

Elena said...

You sound like me too on the weeding thing. I always end up doing more than I intended:) So glad you have your hot water back. I guess those times we don't have our modern conviences is to remind us how lucky we are! Have a blessed day dear friend:)