Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Thankful Thursday~








 I am linking up with Iris at Grace Alone.Thank you for allowing me to be a part of TT. 








Perseverance ... Webster says being persistant in spite of obstacles.
I am thankful today for the ability to persevere in spite of obstacles that were present today.


This week has been quite busy, and when my dh said the grapes were ready, I told him I thought I might need a break from all this canning, and I might wait until Saturday to do them. This was fine with him.So he called Mother and asked her when she wanted her grapes, she wanted them today. 


She said she would be out about 9.a.m. to pick them up. Hubby and I picked them this morning and I decided I would go ahead and cook them so all she would have to do would be to make the jelly with the juice that I had gotten from the grapes.


I get this call about 9, it was mother telling me she didn't know when she would be out , that she had been detained. It seems she decided to go and get her driver's license renewed this morning as well as her car tags.


Two hours later the phone rings again, Yes! mother telling me she was home and was so stressed out because she had some problems getting her tags, because her car needed to be inspected first, and had to go and get that done first.. But thank theLord, she had no problems getting her license renewed.


I told her not to worry, she could pick the juice up the next day. I was so tired, and almost decided to clean the kitchen and go rest. But......


I knew she didn't need to have to worry with it, and since the majority of the work had been done. I decided to surprise her and finish the jelly. 


I am so thankful that God gave me the strength to persevere, even though  my flesh was saying stop.


When I had finished, I called to check on her and to give her, the surprise. She said"Oh! honey you shouldn't have done it." I could tell she was relieved. I think Mother is like me having a case of burnout. lol


I am also thankful today, for all the veggies and fruits that Mother and I have been able to do this summer.


 And now dear friends I  am happy to report, that I not only had enough grapes to do mother's , but mine too . God is so awesome.Thus....


I am  hoping to do my spaghetti sauce this weekend. and then I will put the canner up for another year. 


I am so in the mood to put something around here that looks like fall, my favorite season.
Hugs, 
Sue



Ephesians 6:18~ Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints

19 comments:

Susie Homemaker said...

Wow, you were a busy lady. Again...I am not sure how you do it...oh yes, perseverence.

Blessings,
Susie

Martianne said...

Oh, to have such homemaking talents - and such perseverance. (I should be careful what I pray for, I know!)

Denise said...

God bless you. You are a sweet little busy bee, bzzzzz. I love you.

LAURIE said...

Peace and Perserverance...two great things to be thankful for (and strive for!) thanks for sharing your grateful heart today!

Elena said...

That is so awesome! You are an amazing lady!

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you did it and it makes me want to persevere too. You have had such a busy summer, I bet you are looking forward to fall. I do enjoy coming to see what you have been up to and I am so thankful for you.
I hope you have a restful weekend.

Cindy said...

Wow Sue, I can only imagine how you felt when you finished your grapes for your mom. It's a incredible feeling, when we preserve and get through a job that our flesh is telling us "no more". Not to mention what a blessing it must have been for your mom.

All that work you are doing in the kitchen sure is making me feel lazy. :)

Love your post!
Hugs!
Cindy

Cheryl said...

What a good daughter...what a good wife...what a good steward you are, Sue! I wish I had your energy...or do I wish I had your perseverance?!

You and I must be in a race to do our fall decorating! Right now, I have my 9-year-old PLUS four of my grandchildren here at the house as my oldest daughter had her fifth baby last night. Some things take priority over decorating, I guess. ;-)

But we'll both enjoy it when we get around to it, won't we?

Blessings,
Cheryl

GammySel said...

What a wonderful blessing... I hope someday I will have a daughter or even daughter in law that will bless me as you have your mother!

Angie
http://helpmeettosam.com

Livinginlilliput said...

What a wonderful blessing you are to your Mother! :)
Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons!:)

Anonymous said...

:) Your post brought back special memories of canning with my mother in law. We live in different corners of the state now,and don't see each other very often. Sometimes we canned together, sometimes a part... but we always shared the bounty. Harvestime! Wonderful... but the fruit has to be processed on its schedule, not ours. That's great your persevered!
Happy TT!

tincanlily said...

The DMV can be a very stressful place! I am sure your mother was very thankful for all you did! You are certainly one busy lady!
P.S. Hurricane Earl, was a dud! But that is fine by me!
denise

Janean said...

perseverance doesn't seem like something we seek out, but without it we would not accomplish anything, nor make discoveries like the gift of *enough!*

great post.

Denise Marie said...

Love it!! I tracked back in my blog looking for something and found a perseverance comment from you last Fall. God is good and your hands are busy doing wonderful things to bless your family!! Blessings to ya.

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I've been in the midst of canning pears and other things the past few weeks. Not as much this year as some since our garden didn't do very well. Sounds like it's TIME for you to pack up the canner for the year! ha You have been extremely busy. And I know how tired it can make you!

God bless you!

Marilyn...in Mississippi

Kessie said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Yes, I am Farmgirl's daughter. I like your blogs, too. :-)

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

You had the will to perservere and to preserve! Great combo! I'm sure the jelly will taste great this winter!

Janean said...

perseverance is not a pretty word, but it's a valuable one for sure. glad all worked out (romans 8:28)!

Musings of A Minister said...

I loved this human interest story. Great post!! I have missed seeing you for a while. I get lazy about visiting sometimes.