Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Still Kicking,... not going anywhere, yet ~

 Written by Sue, Thursday, February 23, 2023 sunny, very warm actually hot, 88 degrees🌞

I always look forward when these cute babies arrive, I know 'spring' is not to far away, at least on the calendar. We are having extremely hot weather, breaking temps.records,which I know won't last, we have had some big snows in March, but I am keeping my fingers crossed the snow will skip us this year, because the warm temps. have caused a lot of early budding. For now the chicks will be staying in the laundry room. ~wink~

When One is not able to move about freely, they have a tendency to get behind in their work, such as was the case with me, it's been almost 4 weeks since I sprained my ankle, I am now able to move about freely, so I decided I better get cranking or I will get behind.

So what have I been doing?

I juiced and canned orange juice, very refreshing, I used Cara Cara oranges, I was surprised it wasn't real sweet, which I like, 

I canned apples with vanilla and cinnamon, yummy, I see, apple dumpling, apple pies, or plain cooked apples.

Applesauce with vanilla and cinnamon, we like chunky applesauce.

I canned chicken with bone broth,  this makes great tortilla soup, chicken and rice/noodle soup.

Canned chicken bone broth, so delicious, when I was sick with covid 19, bone broth was so nourishing to me.
That's what I have been doing among other things, it was so nice to be up and about again, I am still not able walk outside, yet, though I have been busy. ha ha.

Love,
 Sue


12 comments:

Vee said...

Can't keep a good woman down! You sure did get a lot of putting up accomplished. Stay busy...stay well. Those chickies are so cute. 🐥

happyone said...

Oh the chicks are so cute.
Glad to hear you are getting around again after your sprained ankle.
You've been busy!!

Mrs. White said...

You have been very busy with canning. It looks great! I hope you fully recover very soon. Have a great weekend!

ellen b. said...

Sue, you are so productive! Amazing. I'm glad you can be up and about and your ankle is better. No one will ever go hungry at your place!

Barb said...

Hi Sue~ So sorry to hear about your sprained ankle, that sounds very painful. I really admire your drive though, I'm not sure I would be up for canning ;0) I love chunky applesauce, and yours looks delicious! Have a great week-end. Hugs, Barb

Pam said...

Adorable spring babes.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
Glad to hear you are able to be up and about again. Hard staying down that long, but worth it in the long haul. Wow, you have been a very busy girl.
Made lots of yummy stuff. If I lived near you I might just have to have you
teach me about canning. These days it is even more important that ever.
All your cute lil chicks are sweet and cozy looking. Bet they love they can
stay in out of the cold.
I am about to go take a nap, think hubby has a cold and I am not far behind unfortunately, both feeling tired today. OUr Granddaughter has a cold so think we caught it. After almost 10 yrs. of having her at least once or twice a week you would think we would have quite the immunity. lol
Well, take care sweet lady, and do't go back outside too soon.
Love and Blessings,
Nellie

living from glory to glory said...

Good Morning, I pray your ankle heals completely! Love baby chickens, we got a new batch last year, so I opted out this Spring!
I was just wondering if you just can all year long? For some reason I usually do all of it in the Fall. I will pressure can meat, maybe when the freezer gets full.
But I think you have inspired me to rethink this canning business!
Blessings, Roxy

Pam said...

Hey.....checking in to check on the little bitty chicks! ?

Carla from The River said...

Hello,
It was great to hear from you. :-)
I love that you canned orange juice, you have given me an idea to do!!
Happy Spring,
Carla

Theresa said...

You are a busy lady. My Mama always canned and I know it is a lot of work. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Sue, I praise God that you are able to move around more freely now. With God, all things are possible.

My grandma was an expert when it came to canning. She even had her own canning seller in her basement.

God's Grace, to you!