Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Good Morning Friends
written with love by Sue January 11, 2011
Lets catch up since we last visited.....
I have since had a bout with vertigo, which was no fun at all, of course no illness is fun, put vertigo puts me down, and when something puts me down I do not like it. Mr. P really took very good care of me, and I am so blessed to have him.
When I was up and about again dh and I took the decorations down these are all packed and put away in a small closet in an alcove upstairs.Such a great feeling!
These are waiting to be put away in the garage, yes, they are sitting all around the house. lol
But before we could get them put up we had a snow storm, and we are not able to get to the garage. There is ice in the breezeway, and we are snowed in. lol The snow is beautiful both falling and on the ground. But once it quit snowing it began to sleet, and now this beautiful snow has  a coating of ice on top.We did take some pretty pictures yesterday. Hope you enjoy!
We had our first lamb born during the snow, isn't he cute? This ewe is a first timer so she produced just one, we are looking for the older ewes to have at least twins, triplets would be nice. We once had ewe who had triplets , and she raised them all. These are Katahdin sheep other wise known as hair sheep.
 It snowed all day we finally finished with 6 inches of snow.
 The cardinals love this cedar tree, how many can you find? click to enlarge if you like.
We all live such fast paced lives, and I was wondering yesterday, if maybe  the Lord sends  the snow for people like me to slow down and enjoy the view. So for today, we, that is dh and I, with our hot orange spice tea are reading, he about the care of sheep, me, catching up on blog reading.
Enjoy your day,
Sue

12 comments:

Carol said...

So glad you're feeling better!

Smiles,
Carol

Farm Girl said...

I am glad you are feeling so much better and the pictures are lovely. Do you sell your wool? Or do you spin? I have never heard of that kind of sheep before. I love the lamb, yes, it is that time of year isn't this, when I lived at home as a kid, we spent more time in the barns that we did in the house.
So glad you are having a quiet day. It makes me happy,as I know how hard you worked in 2010
Blessings today getting caught up.

Sunny said...

Sue, do you spin your own yarn from your sheep's wool/hair? I would be quite tempted to if I had some. Nice post, BTW, and lovely winter pictures!! We are getting some snow but can still see a few blades of grass ... enjoy your quiet day!

Vee said...

So many things to consider here...I didn't know that there was anything named "Katahdin" except for a mountain in Maine. Very interesting!

I'm so glad that you are feeling better. My! Just look at all those boxes filled to the brim with Christmasy treasures.

Yes, I agree with you, sometimes the weather (most especially snow and ice) are meant to slow us down. I just wish that more people would take advantage of it and stay home.

On that note, take your ease and serve up something delicious for you and your hubby to enjoy today.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Sue, I hope you're feeling better. one of my dad's friends has vertigo and it's no fun :( :( Oh, I need to pack stuff away too. I'm trying to convince my dad to get a smaller storage unit. We live in an apartment...so we use a storage unit for extra stuff :) :) I love the photos of all the snow. There is still no snow in my town. So I'm waiting patiently. In the meantime I can enjoy your photos. I did enlarge the ph oto of the red cardinals in the tree. I counted TWO beuatiful red cardinals :) :) I'm glad you're taking some time to slow down a bit :) :) Extra love and hugs for you today from Oregon, Heather :)

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Love the pictures and God gave us snow for Sunday and we slowed down...it never stays long, so we cherish the years we are blessed with seeing the white fluff. We love the lamb!

Happy@Home said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better, Sue. My husband went through a bout with vertigo recently and found help from a chiropractor.
We have the same weather conditions as you and I spent part of yesterday watching for a cardinal to land in the snow covered tree. I think that is a beautiful sight. Your photo is lovely and when I enlarged it I saw 3.

Your baby lamb is so precious.
Take care and enjoy the slower pace of the snowy weather. Soon enough it will be time to get going again.

Jenni said...

Glad you are getting better, sorry to hear you were not feeling well. And the little lamb is darling! There is something so precious about baby lambs...

Love all the snow pictures... especially those cardinals. Their bright plumage is so lovely against the snowy tree....

Anonymous said...

It's been many years since I had vertigo but I surely remember how terrible it is - glad you are feeling better.
That is the cutest lamb! The snow is very pretty and the cardinal photo would make a lovely Christmas card.
We are snow bound too and are enjoying the quiet and pretty views and like you, hot tea!
Have a restful night.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Glad your feeling better, vertigo is a bear.
I had your same thought today, maybe God sends the snow not only for pleasure but to force us to slow down. It has been a nice change of pace.
Blessings, Annette

Deborah Ann said...

Those pictures are so pretty. Love the sheep. Wow, you are one busy lady! And so organized, by the looks of your neatly stacked boxes. If I would take pictures of my mess, it would just look like...a mess. Heheh...

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Sue...I wanted to comment on your post about the two ch ocolate layer cakes...but the link wasn't working...so I'm posting here :) :) I had to laugh when I read your story....It was really cute...I'm glad you were able to rescue the cake...and I would have made one cake on "accident" so I could have one for me, too :) :) That icing does look divine :) :) Love and hugs from ORegon, Heather :)