Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Beautiful in God's eye~

Written by Sue, Thursday Nov. 4, 2011                                       cold, rainy, temps. 50's.
am thankful for a beautiful, fulfilling day of gardening

Our perennial gardens have been put to bed, to sleep for the winter,  just in the nick of time, we had our first killing frost Oct. 29th. I love flowers, living where we do we are able to have some type of flower blooming year round. Pansies are my favorite for  fall and winter. I love their delicate faces,

they have such a sweet aroma.Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny, fall day.....

So...what does a farm girl do on a beautiful day like this... Buy and plant flowers of course...



Oh! beautiful! pansy that you are, 
you bring me much joy, 
 your face so shiny and bright 
as a morning star
written by Sue~smile~
Being an avid gardener, I study the plants that grow in my gardens. I like to look deep into their little faces, I see God's handiwork in every detail. If God took the time to create such beauty in plants and trees, how much more beautiful are we in His  eyes, for we are even more Unique, because we were created by Him in His own image. How Awesome is this !!
~May your days be filled with much beauty and joy,~
Sue

Genesis 1:27~ So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Much thanks to Leah for hosting Giving Thanks Challenge! It is still not to late to join! I would so love to read your thankful list.

15 comments:

Debbie said...

Good morning! Oh I love soo love pansies too. I bought one little plant to put on my pot on the front porch table...soo pretty. I love your analogy you used this morning...soo true! Have a wonderful week-end Sue! HUGS

Lois Christensen said...

I love pansies as well and I've never planted them! I think I'll do some next spring. My father loved pansies and he always made sure he had them in our garden in Queens. My mom and I have brought pansies to his gravesite every year in the spring. Your pansies look really pretty and I love the violet colors! Enjoy your weekend!

Vee said...

Do they last all winter there? I have some little johnny jumpups that are doing well despite the freezing temps, but I hadn't considered pansies. I don't imagine that they'd make it much beyond November here. I got a thrill from the scripture you shared all over again. We are worth more, after all, than the birds and flowers to Him. Enjoy those pansies! And I know that you will enjoy the planting as you love to have your hands in the dirt.

Finding Pam said...

Sue, I really like your blog. I appreciate your stopping by my blog and commenting.

I look forward to reading your GTC in the comming month.

Patsy said...

I need to do the same in my flower bed and pots. I love the pansies no matter how cold it gets when the sun shines their little face smile.

Farm Girl said...

OH such pretty flowers. I love pansies too and I really think they need a different name because they aren't pansies. :)
I am so glad you had a nice day to garden. I love reading about your day each day and finding myself asking I wonder what Sue is thankful for today.

Sunny said...

Pansy's are a beautiful flower! I will never forget my Grandmother's pansy bed, just filled with lots of bright colors. She loved them!

Cheryl said...

These flowers are lovely...such a cheery thing to have flowers smiling amidst the cold!

Oh, and I was so inspired by yesterday's post about your mother. What a blessing to have a mother about whom such wonderful things can be said! I can see her (both inner and outer beauty) in you!

I am loving your gratitude list!!

Cheryl said...

P.S. Thank you for agreeing with me that my grandchildren are adorable. ~huge grin~

Jenni said...

Such beautiful thoughts and pictures, Sue! And your "thankful list" always inspires me....

I just took my sister on the "web tour" of your house and farm via all the photos you have on here, and she was enchanted by the beauty of y'all's "Country Life" just as I am....

Hugs,
Jenni

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love the sweet little pansies. They are so pretty and cheerful.
Have a joy-filled weekend!

Trish said...

Lovely photos, Sue!
I had to grin when I saw the boot of your car stocked with pansies -
what a joy!
I love them too :-)
They'll bring you lots of pretty pleasure over the colder months.
love..Trish

Vee said...

Sue, that's so clever how you've linked back to the post in your sidebar list. I may have to copy that one! It's excellent.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

XO,

Sheila

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

Oh, I smiled when I saw the photo of all the flowers in the back of you car. My car looks the same when I go flower shopping, it's so much fun.

Blessings to you and your family,
Love, Michele