Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Five special treasures & surprises

Written by Sue, Saturday, Nov.26, 2011                                Beautiful day, sunny temps. 70
I hope your Thanksgiving Day was filled with many blessings, we had a beautiful, quiet Thanksgiving, it was spent relaxing and just being "thankful".

Yesterday, I worked on decorating for a very "special birthday" that will be coming soon, One that the whole world celebrates too. Since this is such a special celebration, I like to really spark things up around the  Farmhouse. I want Him to look down and see the lights shining, both inside and outside, to see how we celebrate His birth, but mostly to see my heart shinning for Him!

I know you know whose birthday we are celebrating, It is the most special person in all of our lives, "Jesus" is just one of His names, but that is the intimate name I call Him.
~Jesus is the Father's gift to us~
Isaiah 9:7~ For unto us a child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder.And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of peace.
I will be telling you more about this celebration soon,  showing how we decorated, and celebrated for His birthday....

For today, I want to share how my day was so special yesterday...

I don't go shopping on Black Friday, never, ever,

besides I have a birthday to get ready for, and time is passing swiftly. ~smile~ As I was decorating  Mr P. went to my sister Judy's to winterize her home, she has been widowed for 10 years, Mr P. helps look after her home and rental property.

I get a call from him about 1.p.m. telling me he is on his way home, he also asks me if I have eaten lunch, he knows when I get busy,  I don't take time to stop and eat. I kinda hee hawed around and admitted to half of a peanut butter sandwich. His reply "you have got to have more than that, guess what I have for you?" I love the Chicken Thai salad from Penera Bread, yep. Does he know me or what?


That's not the end of the story... After giving me the salad, he goes back outside, comes in with his arms loaded with these...

Wait! Wait! the story doesn't end here. He points to the driveway and there sits these two guys, all smiling at me... And to an avid gardener, you think you have hit pay dirt.


And  there is still more to my story,.... and this tops the cake, while I was taking the picture,of my urns he places this by the tree.... It's an antique oak rocker.. Oak is one my favorite woods.

Such amazing details, the curved seat, and the etched carvings.
OH! if this rocker could talk, what stories she could tell. I wonder how many babies were rocked in this chair, or how many times a lady sat reading her bible and having special quiet times with Jesus. I wonder how many times she has knelt beside it and prayed?
Last but not least, Mr P. gave me this sprig of mistletoe, to which I gave and received  a kiss!


Now where did he get all these gifts? The salad we already know where it came from, but the poinsettias came from Lowe's. It seems Mr P. needed more caulking and while there he saw they were  99 cents each, and couldn't resist. A man outside Lowe's gave him the mistletoe, but Mr. P gave him $1.00  for it. I have to be real careful if Mr P. hears me say I would like to have thus and so he will somehow try and get it. Lucky for him I am not a diamonds and BMW gal.~ LOL~  Hmmm, maybe I need to rethink this.

The garden urns and the antique oak rocker came from sister, she told him she just wanted to get them out of her way. "Out of her way" why my name is "Jimmie", and I will take all that you "gimme". Did I tell you it came with a new chair pad?

 She happily sits by the fireplace in our bedroom, where she is much wanted.

They say someones junk can become another's treasure,  I am so thankful for my special treasures!..


The gifts definitely are special, but the thoughtfulness of my dear sweet husband means more to me than any words I could pen. I am always awed by the greatness of "God", and how he chose this man for me. It is not about things, though I enjoy the beautiful things he provides, but about relationships. It would have been so easy for him to have gotten his caulking and left, as I know he was not thrilled about being in the holiday shopping rush. Mr P. knew I enjoyed a certain salad, antiques and always plants, he has taken the time to get to know me as I have also taken the time to get to know him, thus our relationship is bonded and strong. We "KNOW" each other.

Isn't it this way with our Savior, Jesus, He desires this same type of relationship with us, one where we intimately "know Him", You see, He already knows us, but in order for a relationship to bond closely it takes two. My desire is to "know Him" more intimately than ever. As I plan for this upcoming special birthday celebration, may I continue to keep in my heart that "Jesus is the real reason for the season".

May your hearts be overflowing with His joy and with much Thanksgiving, as I am truly thankful for you.
Sue

A personal note to our son #1 who reads this blog...
Though You are many miles away, you are in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers. I remember, as if it was yesterday, holding you in my arms for the very first time and looking into your eyes and you looking back at me, our bonding which began months before continues to this day. A very "Happy Birthday Wish, Dear One". we miss you so much.

16 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I read this whole blog with tears in my eyes, I had to stop and wipe them away so I could keep reading. What a lovely sweet day you had. You have such a blessing for a husband.
I am so glad you shared it today. I will go about my day thinking about you in your chair, praying and talking to our Father.
Thanks so much you made my day.
a giant hug from me to you.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Sue,

Oh, I just LOVE your post today. I love them all, but this was especially sweet :) :) Our Saviour is wonderful...and He's been good to send you your Mr. P. That's really thoughtful what he did for you with the food and all the treasures :) :)

I used to have a rocker like the one your sister gave you? I'm not sure what happened to it..but it was nice to rock in :) :) I just love how you decorated it with the ruffly back and seat. Did you make those yourself? They're cute and romantic-looking with all the ruffles.

Have a lovely weekend, Sue. I'm going yard sale shopping with my aunt's friend, Paige this morning. OH, in case I didn't tell you, my dad and I moved to the Central Coast of California at the end of August. It's beautiful on the ocean :) Love and hugs, Heather :)

Debbie said...

Sue, you are one of the sweetest most grateful people I've ever come across and the wonderful man you married loves you ever so much. He is one of the best husbands I've ever heard of. You could sure teach a few things to married couples today.
I love the urns and poisettas (never tried the salad) the chair is 'cream', but the mistletoe is just plain romantic! You've made my day. I plan to have my husband 'stumble' across this blog! :D
Hugs, Debbie.

Leah said...

What a sweet man you've got - one that knows you so well! You are blessed, girl! I enjoyed seeing your treasures, and reading about the relationships with the "men" in your life. That's awesome!

Thanks, too, for helping out with the Giving Thanks Challenge this month. It was so fun to have you along. You have much to be thankful for - I pray you never forget it! :)

Hugs to you,

- Leah

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

Wow, such a beautiful, touching post !, I'm a little speechless. ~ that's a rare thing :o)

You beautifully stated;
"...our Savior, Jesus, He desires this same type of relationship with us, one where we intimately "know Him..."

Amen! ~God bless you friend and wishing a happy birthday to your son. ~ Hugs!!! Michele

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Precious!

That oak rocker is so special!

Deanna

Christine said...

To Know is to Love.
You are loved because He knows you.
And he (husband) knows you too!

Lois Christensen said...

I love coming to your blog and reading about your days and the love you and your hubby have for each other! Love how he surprised you with lunch! The rocker is sweet also! Enjoy your Sunday!

Jenni said...

Hello, dear Sue..... I am so happy you had such joyful surprises awaiting you from Mr. "P"! He is a dear man.... How I thrill to read how y'all have such an enduring and caring relationship of love and laughter and friendship! That is a true blessing! And about this Season.... Oh My! To know that the God of Heaven Robed Himself in Flesh and came to give Himself for the sins of an entire hurting and dying world......it is beyond beautiful..... How I love Him!

Hugs and blessings,
Jenni

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

This post just expresses the heart of a woman I have come to love and adore! Each part of it...from the love for your Savior, your husband and your son, they overflow and bless all those of us who come here.

My first born was born on the 21st of November, so I got home with him on Wednesday and we had Thanksgiving on Thursday...so a son and Thanksgiving just go together for me also.

Hugs and blessings to you this season...what a precious post.

Cheryl said...

Thank you for sharing your treasures with us, Sue...blessings all! Mr. P. is certainly a sweet, attentive husband, isn't he? And isn't human marriage supposed to reflect the love between Christ and His bride? A wonderful picture!

Hugs to you...

Love Of Quilts said...

What a darling hubby you have. I thank the lord for sending me a good hubby too. I went to lowes' late that evening hoping to get a 99 cent poinsettia they were all gone. Blessing Trish

Debbie said...

I just smiled and smiled and smiled through this post! "My name is Jimmie. I'll take all you can gimmie" LOLOL I love that! Everything your wonderful man gave you is wonderful, and you are so right that the best gift of all is that he knows your heart so well, just like the Savior.

An absolutely wonderful post!

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

I'm so happy to have "met" you and your beautiful blog! Your faith and gratitude inspire... Thanks for sharing your many blessings here!
Hugs,
Leslie

Cheryl said...

Sue, as always, your kind words have gone straight to my heart. Such an encourager you are!

How I feel for you that your children and grandchildren are not near you! I know that ache, as my son and his wife and three little ones are far, far away, and we see them very infrequently. As thankful as I am (truly!) for the modern means of communication such as e-mail and phone and Skype, there are still times when it hurts not to be able to hug them or feed them or look into their eyes or just share a cup of coffee with them or watch the children play. But I am also grateful that my married daughter and her family live nearby, and we can do all of those things with them.

Two comforts...
Distance does not diminish love. (I can see the love that your children have for you when you share with us your daughter's visits and your son's phone calls when you were ill.)

And we can look forward to the day when there will be no more separation, but we will be with the Lord!

Hugs to you, my friend...

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

What a sweet post- LOVE the rocking chair- it is just beautiful!