Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~and what have I been doing?~

Written by Sue, Friday, January 27, 2012,      sunny and warm 7o degrees, beautiful~
I finished ironing, cleaning and organizing our closet, yesterday. You might say "big deal",  and it was! ~smiling~ You see I am married to the most wonderful farmer, when he works he wears jeans and just ordinary clothes, but when he dresses to go out, he becomes this fashinista. He loves clothes colorful clothes, like reds, blues, yellows, oranges, the brighter the better!

besides regular washing and ironing, twice a year I go through our closet , mend, and reorganize our clothes. I have been working on this project off and on for a week. When you get older, you can take your time, I have got to the place I use this "getting older" excuse more and more, and am afraid I have about wore it out.~lol~

Mr. P. has more clothes than I do, as I would rather spend my money on farmhouse fixings, and shoes, speaking of which...

When it comes to shoes, there is no contest, I win!!  I had to use his side of the closet to put my stash~grining~ tip#1 place shoes in plastic shoe boxes, write and tape their name on the inside, when you need them they are in plain sight.




I received a few scarfs for Christmas, and wanted to show you the one that  granddaughter Abigale made for me, the pretty red one, she is 11 years old, and is learning to crochet and knit, didn't she do a great job? And isn't it pretty?
The girls are trying to put some color in my wardrobe! ~smile~ I do love to wear this and to know that those small delicate hands made it just for me, not only warms my neck but reaches all the way to my heart. ~sigh~


They say opposites attract..
~Mr. P. likes bright colors~                                    ~Sue likes neutral colors~
       "It works,"
 we have become magnets" 

Tip # 2 Girls, if you look busy like this, or 
(photo from google)
 If you or the house looks like this,


(photo from google)
You most certainly will be asked out to dinner,
I was.... 
Now guess which one was me,
 and i'm not telling. ~a very sheepish grin~
Until next time,
 "savor" your moments,
 love,
Sue
p.s. 
I must have worked hard, yesterday, This morning Dh said I slept hard last night, which means I must have been snoring!  Not me, never, ever! tip#3 a true southern bell will never admit to snoring., EVER! 

18 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

How good it must feel to have accomplished so much and have everything looks so great! Hope you are feeling well rested today!

NanaNor's said...

Hi sweet Sue, I love your organizing of your closet-want to come do mine? I have so many clothes but don't like getting rid of them because I'll probably need them after the fact. I don't have that many pairs of shoes and they are all out. You have inspired me though. Have a wonderful weekend dear friend.
Hugs, Noreen

Farm Girl said...

Your closet looks really nice I think you did an amazing job. You know on the snoring issue? The first time my husband told me that you can't believe the fight we got into. He was just remarking that I must have been tired. I took it as a insult. I was so mad. I just cringe when I think what a fit I threw and how could he even say such a thing. :)
Oh gee, He always says that when I have worked hard I do that. I hate that part of getting older. :)
Well it looks nice.
Have a nice weekend Sue,

Vee said...

That closet looks fantastic. My hubby prefers brighter colors, too.

Snore? Good heavens! Women can't even do that. ;)

Sweet, sweet scarf and I bet you look terrific wearing it.

Now don't tell me anymore about that beautiful weather until April. Ha!

Doniene said...

Yeah!!! I did that too, right after Christmas! Such a great feeling of accomplishment! Love you hubby's shirts!! When he is tired of them, they would make a wonderful quilt!! The red scarf is absolutely wonderful!! What a treasure. Blessings to you lovely lady!

Lois Christensen said...

Your closet looks beautiful! I love all your shoes in the boxes. I have such a hard time finding shoes that are comfortable! I have a pretty big foot, size 11 !!!! And it's hard! Olivia is a size 12 and my sister is a size 13. Hope you had a nice dinner out and will have a nice weekend!

Carol said...

I just love the feeling of an organized closet. Your post has reminded me I need to get busy working on our master closet.

Your red scarf is beautiful!

Smiles,
Carol

Debbie said...

Well that's it...you have inspired me. My closet needs a THOROUGH going over. Yours looks great. Melody has countless (literally) pairs of shoes and this is how she keeps hers too. I, on the other hand, have maybe 5 pairs, haha, and I don't usually even wear them all. Have never been a shoe gal. I just find a comfortable pair and wear them till they fall apart, haha. As for the snoring, sigh, I have heard that one too many times before!! Have a wonderful week-end Sue! HUGS

Paula said...

Oh, Heavens, no~ I don't snore either, Miss Sue! *hehe*
(Yeah, right.)
I love your Hubby's taste in clothes- I'll bet he looks very handsome in them.
Your post reminded me of how badly I need to organize our closet too... *sigh*... Not looking forward to it but I know I'll be glad when it's done!

Jenni said...

Sue, you weren't snoring.... your dreams were singing... hehehe, how's that for an excuse??

You are wayyyy more organized with your shoes than me... you remind me of my sister. She keeps every box, and labels in big letters on the side which pair of shoes it is... she has like 50 pairs of shoes and I am not kidding...

the photo of your nuetrals and his brights is too cute! how creative!

The scarf your granddaughter made is so sweet... they look and sound like darling girls.

Hugs,
Jenni

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your closet looks great Sue!

I love bright colors too, so I am loving your husbands shirts! That scarf is so darling that your granddaughter made for you...no wonder it warms your heart, she put herself into making it! Precious!

Deanna

Debbie said...

Loving your tips! After a week on the road, the last thing the Man wants to do is go out to eat. I think I need to try harder to send the message.

And I LOVE your closet all organized. If you win the shoe race, I definitely win the award for messiest shoe person. I would love to be the
"store it in a box" kind. I'm more the "kick it off and to the side" kind.

hides my head...

A Hint of Home said...

I love everything organized and clean!
I just went through my pantry this morning and pitched outdated items and straightened things up.
I hope you had a great time out with Mr. P for dinner!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

That closet is so organized it is a bit scary to me. I don't see such a thing very often! Hope you and Mr P had a wonderful time going out for dinner.

Cheryl said...

Oh, Sue, this post has made me smile! I, too, am married to a fashionista. His side of the closet bulges into my side...the clothes are so squeezed together, they push into any available space...which is on my side! And, he even has more shoes! (I sometimes call him Imelda Marcos. ~grin~) Of course, he must dress for work...and I am a homeschool mom who is content in jeans and just changing up the shirts and sweaters.

Life is full of humor if you're looking! Congrats on getting those closets organized!

(I know you love that beautiful scarf made by your granddaughter...what a gift!)

Elena said...

Dear Sue, Your closet looks wonderful! I try and go through our closet every year or so and weed out what we don't wear and donate to the Salvation Army. I love your scarf and how special that your granddaughter made it! She did a great job. My Mary is very interested in crocheting and knitting so I am sure I will be teaching her how in a few years. Have a blessed Sunday! Elena

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Oh my, I've never been a jealous person until now. I'm drooling over that neat closet of yours! That's a job I've been putting off...that getting older excuse, you know. Thank you for motivating me to get a start on the cleaning out of my closet! It won't look like yours, but I'll be able to find things.
Love the bright and beautiful scarf! Have a great week.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Impressive! Ok, Sue.. you've inspired me. even though I'm just getting over the cold/flu and have zero energy, I'll return to my organizing projects today. Thanks! This was great :) -Tammy