Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Something new to see~

   Written by Sue, Monday, January 30, 2012                              it is sunny, cold, temps. 50's, beautiful

Written especially for  our granddaughters,
 Lauren, Maddie, Abigael, and Katie,
who love our animals, specially horses,
 and for my friend Benjamin, 
who enjoys our farm animals too.
There is always so much  excitement around the farmhouse, when we have a new baby, such was the case yesterday when Mr. P. came in from feeding the animals. Says he "I have some good news, guess what we have?" He likes for me guess what is newly happening on the farm.~smile~ "A new lamb?"  By now I am grinning, "did Bessie have her calf?" Mr. P. grinning. "Yes and it is a beauty." He wanted me to see, so off we went to the pasture. We are calling the calf an it, because we don't know what gender it is, just can't get close enough yet. 

Here you see the other cows being introduced to the calf. Did you know that farm animals are very family oriented, and that they look after one another, here in the pasture, the cows are guarded by our three horses. 

Rain is being nosy!


Her curiosity got the best of her, when she saw us looking at the new calf, she just had to come over and check it out. Animals use their sense of smell a lot! They are very nosy.~smile~ Notice Bessie being very cautious.


She didn't impress the new calf a bit, it was "Savoring" all of the attention.

Rain takes off running and 


 Kicking up her heels, a sight to behold,

 She gallops off,to go tell the other horses, to which they took every thing in stride, this comes with maturity,  don'tcha know!~smile~

 She's just a teenager and acts just like one! Full of energy, always hungry, and always wants to be where the action is. ~smile~
 We watched as she galloped all over the pasture, after meeting the new calf.

She comes back to the herd, and gets between Bessie and her baby which just seemed to be fine with Bessie. I have also noticed that animals have an unwritten language of their own, they are so amazing to watch,  we could learn a few lessons from them.
After a bit, she takes off running again! A horse in motion is a beautiful site!

She finally gets over her excitement, comes to the fence for a snack from Mr P. Are you wondering why Mr P. is in his pj's? He had a stomach virus, and was not feeling very well, I was just getting over mine, Yes, I gave it to him.
After her snack she strides away, back to her business! Looking so proud, as if she was the one bearing the good news!


Still "Savoring Moments"
like these,
 until next time, 
May you continue
 to "Savor Your Moments"
Love, 
Sue 
Thank you so much for coming by, and for taking the time to leave me such sweet notes, I hope to be visiting in the neighborhood tonight.

Genesis1:25~And God made the beast of the earth, according to its kind, cattle according to its kind and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.


Linking with all the ladies at the Barn Hop, thank you for hosting.
http://homesteadrevival.blogspot.com/2012/01/barn-hop-47.html

35 comments:

Patsy said...

Life can be beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Paula said...

Awww.... these pictures were wonderful, Sue! Rain was acting plum giddy over the new arrival!
Aren't farm babies the best? *squeal*

A Hint of Home said...

Your pics are gorgeous! You captured great shots of the horse running. They are so majestic when they run.
Your new baby is a cutie!
So sorry you've both been down with a bug. Glad you are getting better.
Take care! Hugs!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Love it.. what a beautiful farm and gorgeous animals you have!! I love the curious horse ♥ Kinda missing our cows.. they'll be moved back across the road to our place in a few weeks. The babies are just precious. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos!! -Tammy

Doniene said...

So sorry to hear you and Mr P were under the weather. Glad you are getting up and about now!! Nothing is cuter than babies!! I need to take pictures of ours and post - you have inspired me!!

Blessings lovely lady!

Debbie said...

How darling is that baby calf? I love it. I had a good time with Mike and Mel's! I love how your horses and cows interact and do seem to be one big happy family. Glad your feeling better...hope hubby follows suit soon. How I hate a stomach bug. Mine has been bothering me for a few days now. Not sure why. I have been trying to eat REALLY healthy so we will see. Hope you have a good week Sue! HUGS

Julie Harward said...

All the reasons I love animals, so glad I got to be raised on a farm. Darling new calf and such excitement! My favorite thing is to watch a horse fly/dance around a field, it's even more fun to go out and run with them! ;D

Farm Girl said...

That is very nice and all of your animals look just great. I hope you get better soon. I am so sorry you both have been sick. That is just no fun.
I love your horse. She is beautiful.

Vee said...

Do let us know what the little calf is. Rain looks as if she's volunteering to babysit any time. Have you ever take a video of her galloping about? I'd love to see and hear that!

Debbie said...

My favorite shots of all are the ones of Rain in motion. That's just plain beautiful!

I love it when there are calves at my sister's farm or in this one pasture that I pass on my country commute. They are so adorable to me.

The way you wrote this made me start to imagine up a story about the farm animals and the new calf. This was great!

(Glad you are better, and I hope Mr. P is 100% soon!

Debbie said...

I love horses too, and that little calf is just perfect! So wish we lived out where we could have a horse! Or just fewer neighbors!
:D

Kathleen said...

I love coming here and reading about your farm life.
I do hope you both feel better.
Love the scarf your gdau made you! So special and made with love!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Love the pictures. Animals can be so entertaining at times.

Cheryl said...

Sue, what a lovely photojournal you have shared with us! I always love seeing the animals on your farm. (I love that the horses "guard.")

I am sorry to hear that you and Mr. P have been sick. A stomach virus is the most dreaded (short term) illness I can think of! Hope you're both feeling back to normal now!

Hugs...
Cheryl

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Ugh, to the stomach bug...

Yea, to the new calf!

As you know we have horse lovers around our home too and we enjoyed seeing the photos of Rain! She's beautiful!

Deanna

Happy@Home said...

The new little calf is so sweet. I enjoyed your pictures of the cows and Rain getting to know "it". So interesting to learn more about day to day life on the farm.
Sorry to hear that you and Mr. P have been dealing with a stomach bug. Hope you are both feeling all better soon.

Jenni said...

Sue, your blog is such a blessing! My Mom and I enjoyed this post so much.... what enchanting pictures of the new baby meeting the family... Wow! God is Amazing... He created the most beautiful things...

Hugs from Texas, dear heart, I hope your week is wonderful!

Jenni

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh a Texas girl commented above me. Yesterday was spent for the family with the loss.
So my timing here is late, and yet, just perfect. Today was pretty and we saw some Longhorn calves. Benjamin made up a song about farmers as we played at the play ground. He told me how he loved animals and wished we could buy the ranch...yes I mean ranch, near us with the Longhorns so he could help them out.

So my timing was right when I came this evening and Benjamin got on my knee to enjoy!!! He just went...oh!!!!!!! with each picture.

You are a doll...thanks for your story telling and allowing us to enjoy your farm...you have carved your way into my son's little heart...so this mom says..thank you and hugs!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Wonderful awesome pictures....My Dad owned race horses all my life...so beautiful horses make me think of him

thistlewoodfarm said...

What a beautiful creature! Don't we serve an awesome God who created all big and small! Thanks for the reminder!

blessings,
karianne

Elena said...

I really enjoyed this post. I just love watching animals too. I am so impressed with their perception and intelligence. God did such a wonderful thing creating the animals and know that people would get so much enjoyment from them.

Anonymous said...

Awww a new baby, congrats!
Rain is a beauty to behold I haven't had the priveledge to see horses run like that in person. My mom had two horses and she would tell me how wonderful it was to watch them run. I can't imagine how majestic it must be.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos
Hope the virus leaves your home quickly!
Hugs,
Tania

Lois Christensen said...

What beautiful pictures!!! And congrats on the new calf! Hope you and your hubby are feeling better! Hubby gave me his throat infection last week. I guess we're backwards from the two of you! Enjoy your Wednesday!

Susan B said...

Such beautiful photos Sue! Thank you for sharing them. The new calf is so sweet. I hope you and your husband are both feeling better. The stomach bug is no fun.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week. :)

Renée said...

You live in a paradise with such beautiful animals on your farm. Such a darling baby calf and all of your pictures and writings are a treat to read!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on the new addition, Sue!

I just finished reading Rural Free: A Farmwife's Journal of Country Live (or Living, can't remember which) by Rachel Peden. It's an oldie, but full of detail about country life. Some of the best writing I've read lately. You would love it, Sue!

Happy February to you (I like the background you've selected for your blog, by the way...)

no spring chicken said...

You paint the most beautiful picture Sue. Your words and photos... I'm just sure that I was supposed to be a farm girl. Now, I know that God doesn't make mistakes... so where did I go wrong? ;)

Blessings, Debbie

Eggs In My Pocket said...

The calf is adorable and that horse is beautiful! I could look at photos like this all day! blessings,Kathleen

Karen said...

what a fun post to read and enjoyed seeing the pictures - but it brought back such sweet memories. My dad use to tell me when all the little baby calves were down in the pasture grouped together (for some reason one mama cow would be with them) he would say, look they are having school. Thanks for jogging my treasured memories.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Sue, I don't know how I missed this but I did. Oh what a precious site to see the calf and of course the beauty of your horse running and checking out the new baby on the farm. I know it is so hard to farm but thank you for sharing this with us, so us country gals at heart can live vicariously through you.
Hugs, Noreen

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

The baby calf is so cute and the photos you have shared are beautiful! Happy you are feeling better and hope Mr P recovers quickly too.

Christine said...

How sweet to write this for your granddaughters.
They have your heart, don't they.
Everytime I visit the Farm, I see something amazing.

a woman who is said...

That was the most interesting narration of life on the farm! I was intrigued. Thanks for stopping by!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Sue,
What a fun and wonderful post, I so enjoyed seeing your new calf and all the cows and horses. That has to be so much fun and work too, I know, but what a joy seeing new animals born,
and just being able to enjoy watching then grow and meander about the place. We had friends that used to live in Ga. and when we would visit we would go out walking and they had folks around them that had cows, and while we were walking we would hear the cows mooing, and I was always so amazed that all of their moo's sounded completely different, just like our voices..........the Lord just never ceases to amaze with his creativity does he???
So glad you are over the flu, didn't know you had it, but know it is no fun that is for sure, and hope your hubby is better by now as well...........
Thank you for coming by last night and for all your encouraging comments, you are so sweet, and I am glad you always enjoy my TT post, that blesses my hear for you to say that. Always so glad to have you come by for a visit.
Well, hope this means a sick free
weekend for your household, and more enjoyment of that adorable lil calf, can't wait to find out what is is and what you name it!! lol
Blessings Galore hon,
Nellie

Nancy said...

Hi Sue, it's so nice to meet you....I came over from karen's. I love your blog with all the animals and farm tales. It's so warm and inviting here....

To put it mildly, I love horses and so enjoyed reading about Rain and his adventures with the new calf. I am amazed the cow let him get between her and the baby. Rain must be a good friend....

I look forward to coming back for another visit....