Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Have you finished, yet?

Written by Sue, Monday, January 9, 2011                                 showers, cool 50's,  a beautiful day
Starting today off on a happier , and hopefully a more normal note..

I was feeling a little smug the other day, thinking and telling dh that  I had finished taking down and packing the Christmas decorations, all in three days, when low and behold, I looked upward ,.... please tell me how anyone could take as many decorations down as I did and not see this? A very humbling experience, I have finally run out of excuses, and I am not going to blame it on age, as I am still  refusing to get old!! ~smile~
This garland  once graced some beautiful house at Disney World. Disney sells their discarded  Christmas decorations in a warehouse, and I was fortunate enough to know someone who worked there, I don't know why they got rid of it, it is so pretty and  in excellent condition..Please excuse the mess, I am working on that.
I can now say that we have officially ended our Christmas season by doing three things..number #1
Saturday was so beautiful it was what one would call a picture perfect day, we decided to clean, organize, and place the boxes on shelves in the garage, here they are labeled and ready for this next season, which by the way will be here before we know it. Notice my plants I am trying to overwinter them in the garage, so far so good! Notice also that a floor paint job is due this spring, any volunteers?
Well, bless it's little heart, my little begonia wanted to let me know that she is thriving even in harsh condition, seeing this flower caused me to think about how surprised Olivia Walton was when she found her cactus while in the cellar looking for apples for her applesauce cake in the the movie "The Homecoming". This prompted me to ask Mr P. if he would watch it with me as a last "farewell" to our Christmas season.
"


Before continuing we decided  to play with Noel and Lucy, Yes we like to play outside too!! If you remember we are bottle feeding Noel, she has come a long way, and we are hoping to soon return her to the sheep barn. Notice dh wearing short sleeves , our weather has been so spring like. Today is a different story.
Now on to our list taking the tree to the pond was next. Do you remember the children's song, "Mary had a little lamb?" Mr. P has his own little lamb that follows him too,oh! let's not forget Lucy.
One, two, three,...

Weee!! the tree will give the small fish a place to play hide and seek with the larger fish
Mr P. loves animals and they love him, He  is the most amazing man I have ever known, and  is the perfect example of what a Christian should be, he walks the talk.
We topped off our list by watching "The Homecoming". this is the first Walton's movie, the only actors that were taken into the TV series were the children and Grandma Walton, I think they made some wise choices in who they chose to play the characters on TV.
To some watching this movie at the end of the season might sound strange, but there are so many lessons of love, family devotion, and values that we all enjoy. Though the season has officially ended, we try and carry this Christmas Spirit in our hearts all year long.
Until next time,
Sue

33 comments:

Elena said...

We have the Homecoming and love to watch it too. I also have the Walton series on DVD. Noel and Lucy are so cute together.

Doniene said...

I've never seen the movie - but it sounds like a winner! What a blessing to have such a wonderful husband - I too am such blessed! Men of honor and integrity in all facets of their lives!!

Long live the little begonia!

Blessings

Carol said...

I finally finished packing away Christmas yesterday . . . it's a good feeling isn't it?

I love that movie! Have you seen "A Christmas Snow"? I highly recommend it. It was filmed here in Tulsa.

Smiles,
Carol

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever seen that movie. I'll have to look it up. The Waltons were a favorite television show as a kid.

Your garage is very well organized! I'm envious!

Debbie said...

Good morning!

WoW!! First I just had to say that I missed everything that was going on this week-end with your blog and all...WOW...is all I can say again. What an eerie feeling that no doubt was...glad that she's off is all I will say about that.

HAHA on forgetting the garland. Soo something I would do. I almost always forget something...a cup, a towel, a lone figurine or something like that. Can't say I ever forgot a WHOLE garland, haha...I am just teasing you know...

I LOVE that movie. I watch it every year, but at the beginning of the season...I love the Waltons period. I have many of the episodes on tape.

Love Noel following your dh. Just darling.

OH, and I see that you have at least one real tree too. What a perfect way to dispose of it.

Have a good week Sue!

HUGS

Vee said...

Okay, it's true, we are much alike. I looked up last night and the light over the dining table was still decorated.

And we are also watching Christmas movies that we missed over the holiday.

Love your storage area! That would be so preferable to behind the bed. Ha!

He chucks the tree right into the pond, eh? Well that's convenient.

I'm feeling "more normal" today, too. ;>

Rebecca said...

The lamb....how precious.
Your garage...how intimidatingly organized!
The fact that you overlooked the Disney garland...comforting somehow :)
Your husband...clearly a good man!

Anonymous said...

I haven't ever seen the movie, but I love the Walton's. I am so glad to see that Noel is okay! BTW....I wanted to invite you to stop by my blog. We are having an "impossibility" challenge for 2012!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm still taking down Christmas! It's just always a bit sad when the Christmas pretties have to be put away, so I postpone it as long as possible!
I loved the Walton's, but don't think I've seen the movie.
Have a wonderful week!

NanaNor's said...

Happy Monday Sue, I loved reading about your weekend and seeing that you have been blessed with spring like weather. Ours has warmed up a bit for a few days-got to say I love it and I'm looking forward to spring.
You certainly have been blessed with such a dear hubby! Hope you have a wonderful week my friend.
Hugs, Noreen

Julie Harward said...

I love The Homecoming, and the Waltons, wish there was more programing like this today on TV. That is the most darling "little lamb" ever, I just want to scoop it up in my arms! Don't feel old, I always miss something when I think I have it all put away too! ;D

Unknown said...

Oh friend.. those pictures of that little lamb following your husband everywhere is just priceless.. you husband thought he was a farmer but he is also a sheperd..lol.. that is a great movie..I have only seen that version once or twice but i do remember it.. its a keeper..
Love ya friend..have a blessed week

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

First I am showing my husband that organized garage...maybe he will catch the vision. LOL

The lamb..I want one, that is just too precious..following him. Benjamin will want to hold him when he sees the pictures.

Your decorations..oh my, how do you do all of that...and a good movie as a reward..that just ties it all up in a bow.

Carmen S. said...

I LOVE The Waltons! Looks like miss Lucy has appointed herself *babysitter*, lol, so sweet:)

Farm Girl said...

It sounds like a very nice day. I love that the lamb just follows your hubby around. That is so sweet.
I don't know but I think that garland on your bannister is pretty enough to stay up there. I didn't know that you could get Disney land's old Christmas tree decorations.
When my son got married, the florist we had had hired had a lady who had retired as Disney's head floral designer. She was incredible. I bet she made that stuff all of the time. I am glad you are doing good.
One of my other friends pictures were on the same blog that had yours. It was sure weird. I am glad most people don't ever do that.

A Hint of Home said...

Hi Sue,
First, so sorry that happened to you and your blog pics. It does remind us to be cautious and also that we have a heavenly father that watches over us.
I loved all the pics of Mr. P with his lamb and dog.
We are both so fortunate to have husbands that love the Lord. We are blessed!
I hope your new year if off to a great start!
Hugs!

Kathi said...

I love the Homecoming also. I have not seen it in years. I am going to check it out from our Library now that you've mentioned this. What sweet photos of your hubby and the lambs. I know what you mean Sue about it taking lots of time to both put up and take down the Christmas decorations. Me too!!
What a good girl you are to take care of those plants and "winter" them over to spring. I am ashamed to say, I probably could have saved many of mine, but I was a bit lazy. I will try harder next year. Wow, you are so organized. I'm giving you an 'A' for the day!! I'm a teacher and have the authority to do this!! Hee he. Hugs, Kathi

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sue,

I am still taking my stuff down, this week will be the end of it until later this year! That garland is stunning! Isn't it amazing what people get rid of, even Disney?

Noel is so cute, and Lucy too, of course. What you said of your Mr. P is so great - it is wonderful to know those who walk the talk!

Have a great week!
Deanna

Jenni said...

Hey Sue, dear friend! Oh my! Noel is so adorable following Mr. P around... and Lucy is her usualy stately beautiful self....

too funny about the garland.... I was taking all of my grandmother's Christmas decorations down today, and got it all boxed and bagged up and put way, and walked back into the living room, and there sat the two pots of faux poinsettias.... So, I had to go and rearrange things in the closet and put them up.... ( andI'm not gettin' older either....hehe)

Always such a treat to visit y'all on the farm.....
Hugs,
Jenni

GardenOfDaisies said...

The pictures of that little lamb following your husband around are SO SWEET!!! Really touched my heart.
And I think you deserve a prize for cleanest and most organized garage in the country!

Farming On Faith said...

I so enjoyed this post~
I sure feels good having it all packed up and put away for another year. Bittersweet!
Praying you have a Blessed New Year!

Farming On Faith said...

I so enjoyed this post~
I sure feels good having it all packed up and put away for another year. Bittersweet!
Praying you have a Blessed New Year!

Anonymous said...

Wow your garage is amazing, your so organized!
Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a nice comment (posting about my mom) I do appreciate that you take a moment to stop by.
Happy New Year!

Kathleen said...

I envy you are done and everything is packed so neat and tidy! I took it all down, but I have to carry it all down to the basement and bin it. I can't carry the bins down the stairs anymore, so it takes much longer.
I used to love the Waltons!
Have a great weekend, pouring here in NY, but at least it isn't the dreaded snow!

Heather said...

Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

Lois Christensen said...

Just wanted you to know that the verse you quoted on Sunday's post is one of my favorites!!! AND so is this movie!!! And I want a copy so badly. I was telling hubby that we need to get it and watch it with the kids before they have kids :) I love the Waltons and watch them regularly but have not seen The Homecoming in years. Love your organization!!! And our garage floor needs some painting as well! Too bad we don't live closer we could help each other out. Hubby and I clean and empty our garage every spring and I actually look forward to doing this chore with him! Love working with my hubby and we're already talking about our garden! Our first in 3 years!!! Enjoy your day Sue!

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

Noel following your husband around has got to be one of the most adorable things captured in a photo.

That is funny that you missed the garland. I know that when the decorations are up for a while they just start to blend in as if they have always been there.

I Love the Walton's, grew-up watching the t.v. shows. However, I have not seen the "Homecoming."

God bless you friend, and have a wonderful up coming weekend. Sending you a BIG hug
~ Michele

Kay Little said...

So glad I have stopped by for some warm hugs and in food for my soul...blessing K

Paula said...

I love your hubby's little pet sheep, Sue! I remember bottle feeding our Daisy and boy, was she ever spoiled! (But I loved every minute of it!)
If I were you, I would have just left that garland up til next year... ;)

Cheryl said...

Does it ever fail that something is left behind after "all" the Christmas decorations have been put away? Ever? :D

I am glad to hear that Susan's little lamb is thriving (and following Mr. P. around!).

And "The Homecoming"...that is our Christmas Eve movie...every year. We love that movie!

Blessings...

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

One of my favorites, but I haven't seen it in a good while. I'm also a big fan of Little House- it never fails to leave me in tears...love the simple lessons and the heartfelt love the shows portrayed so well.

Patsy said...

How sweet the photo's of Mr. P.
The Bennie has a way like that with animal's. Just love to visit with you.

Trish said...

Sue your little lamb is growing so beautifully!
Your storage system is fabulous -I'd love to have the space to that too!
I put the last of my Christmas things away 2 days ago.
Oops..I just looked at the fireplace and saw the box of pinecones, lol!
Well, I just might leave them there :-D
bless you, my friend.
love..Trish