Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~What have I been doing?~

Written by Sue, Friday, January 20, 2012                            cold, rainy day, simply beautiful! temps. in the 50's
Why savoring moments like these...

The watering hole, Oh so refreshing!

"Ma, I think my face needs washing!"
"My helicopter tail says it all! Yummy"! What a sight when that tail wags!
"this is my best today, I haven't had time to visit the salon, besides you interrupted my lunch!"

"Chewing the cud!" Please, Bonita, Where are your manners? Absolutely no sticking your tongue out!
"Ah!! this is the life!!"

"Watch your step bud, I am just to lazy to get up!"
Mr. P. chasing the chickens out of the garden, look at those short legs run, (the hens, not Mr. P). ~LOL~ My favorite "savored"moment! He is soooo cute!!!

We've been getting ready  for our next growing season! our weather has been so pretty!

Beans soaking,


Flowers for me! What a pleasant surprise
Soups ready, come and get it! the best 14 bean soup evah!!
The girls have finally started back to laying,... eggs are like people they all come in different colors, sizes and shapes, but all are so "delicious"
Enjoying these while doing dishes, I find myself looking for more dishes to wash! ~smile~ 
View from my kitchen window, a bluebird and a Carolina blue birdhouse, can it get any better?
Fruits of labor, a clean and organized laundry room!!

Since receiving my new word,"savor", for this year I have become more keenly aware of the many gifts given to me each day by my heavenly Father, something as simple as the sound of a train whistle in the far distance as dh and I are closing our eyes for the night, and being wakened by the song bird outside my window in the morning. I can't count the times I have uttered the word, "savor"since january 1st. My goal this year is to "savor" each moment and every gift given to me, especially by the one who loves me most, James1:17~Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.....

 and by my loved ones, speaking of which,... Yesterday I received this in the mail, from my dear daughter , Susan, and haven't taken it off since. I have read this inscription over and over. The whole Serenity prayer is inscribed on the bracelet, How cool is that?
These are just  a few of my "savored" moments this week! Now how about your savored moments, I would so love to read them.
Until we meet again, enjoy your weekend,
Love,
Sue
The Serenity Prayer
Path
source
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr
A personal note from me... I apologize for such a long post! 

28 comments:

Jenni said...

and I am "savoring" my fun visit to the farm. Love those pics, Sue... Thanks for all that you share... the lamb with the "helicopter" tail, and Mr. P chasing the chickens are my faves... but I enjoyed them all!

Hugs for you, dear friend. I am still praying for Susan and her girls...
Jenni

Cheryl said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful photos, Sue! I simply can't choose a favorite. I loved the sweet little dirty face...and then the helicopter tail...and the flowers from hubby...and the cow with its tongue out...and on and on. Precious scenes of your blessings on the farm!

Thanks for showing us what you have been doing. So happy that you are savoring the moments...

Love,
Cheryl ♥

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Sue,
YOu are such a sweetheart...write as much as you want. I always enjoy reading your posts and looking at your photos. Your bracelet is so lovely :) :)...and all your animals are just cute, cute , cute...of course, my personal favorite is that chubby kitty cat ) :) :) I'm savoring life in general...and being thankful that God gave my daddy more time here on earth :) :) So grateful :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Debbie said...

Oh how I "savor" you and my visits here. I just loved all the darling pics...honestly this whole post just lifted my spirits tonight. : ) The bracelet is soo pretty. ENJOY your week-end Sue. HUGS to you!

Debbie said...

And I was just wondering what you've been doing! With all those things to enjoy and care for...I'm surprised we ever hear from you, but glad we finally did! Such a good message and a wonderful visit.
Hugs, Deb

A Hint of Home said...

It looks so pretty around the farm.
Love all your pictures. We love watching the birds every morning at the feeder.
Your flowers are so pretty! Love the vase they're in.
Your bracelet is lovely and so special coming from your pretty daughter.
Have a wonderful weekend, Sue!

Julie Harward said...

Hi Sue, love your header! I also loved each pictures of the animals, so so sweet! I love to see animals taken care of. Love the bracelet too, very sweet gift. :D

Walk In Truth said...

Hi Sue,

I have just experienced so many savored moments while visiting your blog. I feel so happy when I visit. I smile with each photo, and your captions for each photo bring out that spontaneous giggle in me that just melts away any stress that may have been lingering from my day.

Okay, you know I love animals and these pictures are sooooo precious! Also, what a thoughtful and wonderful gift from Susan. It was a blessing to read the The Serenity Prayer.

God bless you and your family,
love and hugs~ Michele

Vee said...

No need to apologize. I so enjoy reading here. Love seeing that little waggle-tail lamb. He's using up all his energy as fast as he eats! John calls Molly "Waggle-tail" because she does the same thing. So cute!

I like the vase arrangement at your kitchen window. Very tidy and pretty and not in danger of being knocked over.

Believe it or not, I have been up this morning early cleaning my laundry room (in the dungeon). It's where one end of the connections are going to take place. The other will be in the living room. Nothing like having to clean from one end of the house to the other for a cable guy. Anyway, I really like your laundry room. It truly is neat and tidy, bright and cheerful.

Vee said...

All that and I forgot to say that the bracelet from your daughter is wonderful! I apologize for these long comments. ;>

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way for me to wake up to looking at your beautiful pictures on our rainy day.

I just loved each photo you shared I can't pick just one.

Your bean soup looks very yummy I can almost smell it!

Thanks for sharing your special moments it put a smile on my face as I savored it!

hugs,
Tania

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I liked seeing your farm and animals today....

Deanna

Patsy said...

Wonderful post of the many things you love.

Patsy said...

So for we really like the Keurig, with just the two of us it is all we need for coffee but if we have more vistors will have to get the other coffee maker out to make a pot. Now we are trying the K-cup varietys to see which one we like best in the coffee. It makes a great cup of tea.
The Bennie is doing very good and it mean so much to us for your prayers.

Farm Girl said...

Do you know I have the first part memorized, But I have never heard or read the whole thing. My Dad was in A.A. but never knew the rest.
I would read it over and over that is really a great prayer and a great way to live life.
I don't think your post was that long, it never is I love all of your pictures. I like seeing what you have been up to and all of the things around your house and farm.
I always enjoy your updates.
We are having a stormy, windy day, it is so nice.

A Hint of Home said...

Hi Sue,
We are in much prayer for this election.
Nothing takes God by surprise and he's still in control. We all just need to do our part. (smile)
Hugs!

Elena said...

I just loved seeing all your wonderful moments. The sheep are sooo cute. Mary really liked seeing the one with the dirty face:)

Lois Christensen said...

What beautiful pictures! I especially love the little helicopter! Your bracelet is beautiful as well as the poem on it! The soup looks really, really good! Enjoy your weekend!

camp and cottage living said...

I've enjoyed youe whole post! I love the photos of the farm menagerie with your captions added.
If I had a laudry room, I would wish that it was as well organized as yours.
And the bracelet is awesome-such a sweet gift from your daughter.
I was going to become a follower, but couldn't find yours!
blessings-Kimberly

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
Do not apologize for this long post, I loved it, so refreshing and relaxing and full of good words.

Love your new header pic with Susan and all the sheep, so adorable, and so farm like...........great!

That bracelet she gave you is lovely and the words even lovlier, I am very familiar with the serentity prayer too, a great prayer I must say.

Just love seeing your life on the farm and so enjoy your savored minutes, they are wonderful.

Have missed you and sorry I haven't been by lately either. Finally got caught up from all the after Christmas things.

Just saw where you are reading the Jesus calling book. We read it last year, but I am rereading this year, and journaling about it daily
because it has really blessed my socks off. Know you probably will feel or already feel the same. It is really a great lil powerpacked book. Very annointed I thought.
So am enjoying it twice...........

Have a great week hon,
Love and Blessings,
Nellie

Paula said...

I loved seeing your pictures so much, Sue! Your little lambie is so adorable...
I LOVE your Serenity Prayer bracelet~ that is so wonderful!
I really enjoyed my visit here with you today!

Kathleen said...

Lovely post! Love seeing farm life! I am trying to savor this snow storm! I wonder if I will get to church tomorrow. They haven't plowed yet!
It looks like you are having good weather!

no spring chicken said...

What a little paradise you have!

We call a gracious father Abba. Look how he lavishes His love! Thanks for reminding us to savor...

Blessings, Debbie

Christine said...

I just love visiting The Farm!
The animals, food, and love that pours out of your fingers is so warm!

NanaNor's said...

Hi Sue, I love, mean really love, this post-all your animals are so adorable!!!! Loved seeing your honey chasing the chickens. Can you send me the recipe for your soup?
Love your new bracelet. Hope you have a blessed day!!!
Love, Noreen

Unknown said...

omg friend.. your life and home is a picture perfect place.. I love those pictures..especially your cat..and the helicoter tail..tooo cute..
Love ya friend..and you yourself is a gift from god to all of us..

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh I am late getting to this party again...but Ben and I are having so much fun going through the pictures...and we got to see Benita!!

Your bracelet...how precious, what a thoughtful gift.

Your header is beautiful...and my daughter-in-law was so blessed by your comment on my post today

This city family sends you the warmest hugs...thanks for letting us refresh in your world...Ben sends his giggles and love.

thistlewoodfarm said...

All of your farm residents are adorable! That little lambs face is so sweet! I am glad you are savoring every minute!
blessings,
karianne