Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~A visit from someone special~

Written by Sue, Tuesday, August 27, 2013                      a beautiful day again, sunny tenps.90
Good morning friends,
I had such a very sweet, long visit with my mother yesterday, we talked about family, cooking, preserving foods, world situations, BTW the best thing we can do is pray for these, but most of all we always enjoy talking about Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

A fact about "Doris", my mother, she is always smiling, pleasant and in all my years of knowing her, I have never heard profanity nor an ugly word from her lips.

She is so much fun to be with~

I had a lot of heart matters that I needed to talk to her about, she listened, gave advice, but most of all when she got ready to leave she put her arms around me, and prayed the most wonderful prayer, and as always my mother smells so nice.

After she left, I was resting in the porch swing, her fragrance lingered on me, it was one of the most special moments I have had in a while. As I was savoring her fragrance I thought of another fragrance, and that was the fragrance of Jesus, and of when He puts His arms around me, that His fragrance lingers, and I savor it too!


The porch is not quite finished for fall, I need pumpkins and gourds, and a few other touches, maybe a rug.

We didn't get around to canning  the peaches together, what was needed was special one on one talk. I will always cherish this time we had yesterday, and have tucked this memory away in my heart. I did however get the peaches finished and managed to make one of my new concoctions, a spicy peach pie for us. I got Mr P's stamp of approval too... a hug and kiss. Pillsbury can't match that. lol

Do you see my little pie bird's beak, I broke it yesterday.

There will be those of you who read this that no longer have your mother with you but  to you I say I am so sorry, and  like me you have many memories tucked away in your heart too, I know that you are drawing on those memories from time to time for strength and encouragement.

There are those of you who will read this, that are like me, so blessed to have our Mother,  with us, please let's not take them for granted. Sometimes just a phone call, taking special time with them, or a small gift, means so much to them, and us.
I will be doing laundry and cleaning today and of course I will be taking a break and enjoy a slice of pie,and a cold glass of ice tea! hmmm! it is about beak time.

Enjoy your day,
Sue 

21 comments:

Farm Girl said...

So sweet and I love that you have your Mom. God has given you such a gift.
Having lost two of them, I love reading your words and I love how you love her.
So sweet and I am so thankful you posted. My birth Mom went to live with Jesus 44 years ago and you know there is not a day that goes by that I don't long for her. My step Mom has been gone now 4 years and just to call and chat still makes me long to talk to her one last time.
I am so glad you shared it makes me very happy to know how sweet your Mom is still.

Sally @DrinkingFromMySaucer said...

I am so privileged to still enjoy the company of my dear mom. She is always an encouragement to me -- and the dearest friend. I'm so thankful for her!

Glad for the time you enjoyed with your mom! xo

Vee said...

This is the second post I have read tiday featuring a pie with a yummy looking crust. Your day sounds just perfect minus the apron...good thing I am not a betting person!

Vee said...

or today...

happyone said...

Your mom sounds like such a special mother and your day sounds wonderful. How blessed you are.

We aren't all blessed to have such a mom as you.
I've never felt I was the kind of daughter my mom wanted. But I've come to terms with it and having Jesus in my life is what matters most. : )

Meg said...

I am so glad you still have your mom to talk to. What a sweet post. And I just love your porch! It looks so cozy.

Anonymous said...

up lifting words from your mother sweet indeed and what a enjoyable post -- I could rest all day on your porch... lovely lovely and yummy pie -- oh my goodness I gotten a sweet tooth happening just now! wink..
Hugs

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, now this was just the sweetest post I have read in a long time. And, your Mom is just beautiful and you are so, so blessed to still have her. My Mom died suddenly of a massive stroke 5 years ago and oh, how I miss her. She was the most Godly, selfless woman and I knew that never a day went by that she did not pray for me.

Your pie looks delicious, especially that slice on the plate.

You are delightful!

Debbie said...

This day sounds about perfect to me. Soo glad you had this time with her! Your right Sue, cherish every moment you are given. Your mom always looks so pretty. And that pie? Well now I'm drooling over here...looks so yummy, and I just KNOW it is! This whole post made me smile!

Cheryl said...

What a sweet tribute to your lovely mother! Please show her this...she'll love it!!

I spent the day with my own mom today. We went to the beach and had such a nice time...except for the swarms of biting flies that plagued us! Sigh...

Oooooo...that pie! :)

Debbie said...

I love this post. I mainly love it because I know exactly what it is to enjoy spending time with your mother. Someone once told me that a mother was a safe place to land. I thought that was a pretty perfect mission statement for mothers. I have one who is that because SHE had one who was that. I hope that someday, my daughters will say the same about me.

I also loved the part of the fragrance of Jesus lingering. The writer in loves stuff like that.

(And I missed that peach post! How did that happen? I used to be a much better stalker.)

Debbie said...

My mom has been gone for so long. She had alzheimers, and left years before she really left. I have many good memories and learned a lot from my mom. You were blessed with a really special mom, a mom who shared the love of Jesus with you and still does. That is the kind of mom we all want and we should all be. Nothing else we give our kids will be eternal like Jesus. I'm a little envious in a good way!
Hey, that pie looks soooo good. I posted that other recipe you wanted. Debbie

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Your mother is a beautiful lady, just like her daughter! I know I don't have to tell you how blessed you are to still have her in your life. :)

The pie looks soooo delicious! And I love your pretty home. The porch is wonderful and I love the lights. It would be a delightful place to sit and enjoy the cool breezes!

Christine said...

Mom, pie and the love Of Jesus...great post!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

What a sweet lady! And she passed that sweetness on to you :)

Elena said...

Oh Sue, I just love reading your posts! You are so blessed to have your mom. My mama has been gone for 25 years but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her and I still draw from her advice and stories of Faith that she handed down to me as a child and young person.

Your front porch is beautiful. So inviting I just want to sit down and enjoy it :) God bless you dear sister!

Carol said...

I agree with Farm Girl! God has given you a gift, your mother is so lovely! Makes me miss mine.

Smiles & Hugs,
Carol

Angela said...

What a wonderful post! Most of my adult life I have lived far from my mom, so I have to rely on phone conversations more than I would like. Oh, to sit and talk on your porch -- that has to be one of the most beautiful porches I've ever seen:)

Flat Creek Farm said...

I've missed out on so much here! I was thankful to pick just a little okra again today. Saving up for what might be enough for a "mess"! Yummy apple butter, and what perfect gifts to tuck into your baskets. Looking at the previous post - your mother is beautiful (In fact, you DO have a beautiful family!!). So blessed to still have my mama too. Will stop in again soon and try to catch up a little better. I always enjoy your posts ♥ Have a blessed holiday weekend! -Tammy

Susan B said...

Hi Sue,
I'm so glad you enjoyed a lovely visit with your mother! She is such a sweet lady. I still have my mother, but we have a hard time talking to each other because she is almost deaf. She misses out on so much going around her anymore, but I am so thankful she is still with us. ♥ Your peach pie looks so delicious!!

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful memory you enjoyed and preserved! (I have spent some time this week with my precious mother who is now well into dementia. She had developed a bladder infection and landed in the hospital. I'm not sure she'll remember. It was a privilege to help her and just be with her.)