Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Monday morning news~


Written by Sue, Monday, August 26, 2013        beautiful fall like weather temps. low 80

Good morning friends, here is what is on the agenda at the farmhouse today, 
peaches and 
 more peaches, today will finish the peaches for this year.


 Last week I canned peaches, made blueberry peach jam, and spicy peach jam,  recipes for the jams were made by me.

 I think the peaches and jams turned out really well, according to my jam taster, Mr P., I always save some for him . ~smile~ Here is one way you can tell if your jam is ready for the jars, place some on a saucer, run your finger through the middle, if it doesn't run together it is ready We actually had some on biscuits for  dessert.


This spicy peach jam is the "Bomb", what ever that means. lol Besides peaches and sugar it has fresh ginger, a pinch of nutmeg, a little ground allspice,more cinnamon, some ground cloves,one lemon juiced, a dab of butter, this helps with the foaming, and adds flavor, two other secret ingredients,... okaaaay, since you asked real nice  I will tell you, a smidgen of vanilla flavoring,the real stuff, the most important ingredient is "Love", "LOVE", and more "love".


My Mom is coming by this morning to get some apples to can, I am so looking forward to seeing, and visiting with her, and I just might have an apron that has her name on it. ~grin~ I can see this is going to be another  busy week.
Enjoy your day.
Sue

13 comments:

Carol said...

I'm so impressed by your canning skills! The spicy peach jam sounds delicious! Have a fun time with your mom today. You are blessed!

Smiles,
Carol

Debbie said...

Good morning Sue! Those peaches just look wonderful! And I might as well add are my all time favorite fruit! Soo yummy. I have a feeling that jam of yours IS the bomb! haha. I can almost taste it on fresh biscuits. Your day sounds just perfect to me. Enjoy that time with your mom, and say hello to her from me!

Debbie said...

Golly Sue that looks so good! Peach and apricot preserves are my favorites. I have a good biscuit recipe to eat that on.
Debbie

Southern Lady said...

I love your little farm display, all decked out for Fall. And all those beautiful, yummy-looking peaches and jams made my mouth water.

I hope you and your mom have a perfect day.

Geneva said...

I haven't canned anything in years, so it's pretty special to see everything that you've been up to. Sure brings back some fond memories; nothing tastes as good as "Home Cooking" Enjoy your week!
Blessings!
Geneva

Happy@Home said...

I am nibbling on a peach as I read your post. I was thinking there are few things better than a fresh peach. That is until you described that spicy peach jam... on a biscuit no less. :). Oh yummmm!! I can imagine what a treat it must be to open a jar of your jam in the dead of winter.
Your energy in the kitchen never ceases to amaze me!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I haven't made peach jam for a few years! You've inspired me to do at least a small batch.

I am so happy to see you posting regularly again - it's fun to see what you and Mr.P are up to on the farm!

Deanna

Vee said...

Are you really sharing the recipe? Because I have a Pinterest folder for jam and jelly recipes and I would love to pop this one in or the real one. It may be top secret, though. I understand top secret. The peaches look so pretty... Hope that you had a lot of fun with your mom today and, if I were a betting person, I'd say that she donned an apron.

happyone said...

Oh yummy. It all looks so good.
Love the plate too.

Cheryl said...

Peaches...yum! In all forms...yum! Peaches canned with love...better than yum!

Hope that you and your mom spent a delightful day together!

Christine said...

That is a great hint... running a finger down the middle.
I get excited when I hear that your mom is coming and canning up some of your apples. How sweet is that!


Farm Girl said...

Just lovely peaches and what good things you made. You are such a hard worker and I am so glad God blesses the work of your hand. Have a lovely day.

Meg said...

Those are beautiful, perfect looking peaches! And your jam sounds absolutely delicious!