Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Who knows what a "Goodies Box" is?

Written by Sue, Monday evening, January 27, 2014......... today was sunny, temps. 68 degrees


What a pleasant surprise this morning, I stopped by the dining room and what to my wondering eyes appeared, not a sleigh with reindeer, but this beautiful cactus blooming 
Have you ever examined a flowering cactus bloom up close, absolutely stunning!
The day gets even better, my mom called asked if we would stop by while out running errands. She had this "goodies box" for us.  A "goody box" is a box filled with goodies with lots of love in it.  She said "I knew the snow was coming and thought you might need some warm boots, (and were they ever warm, faux fur inside),a few sweet clementines,walnuts, and here are a few extras too."
 And if that wasn't enough, it gets even better, she hands me a box with this beautiful cannister set, by Susan Winget, I could hardly wait to get home and set it out!
Some might would say, I am spoiled, but Mr P. says I am just loved a lot. ~smile~

The other surprise, which I am not sure how I feel about it, is, the weatherman is predicting 6 to 12 inches of snow, tomorrow! I am not a snowbird, I like to see it fall, and maybe stay for a few days, but with the extra cold temps., coming I have a feeling it might decide to wear its "welcome" out! So for now I am going to enjoy our "Goody Box", and have my camera ready! Stay tuned.
Enjoy your evening,
Hugs,
Sue

7 comments:

Kathi said...

How thoughtful and wonderful! I love those warm boots. I used to have a cactus like that and just loved it. It's beautiful. I remember being so happy that something would bloom at this time of year. Enjoy your evening Sue, and stay warm. Kathi

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a precious Mama you have!

Sweet and thoughtful goodies!

Enjoy the snow - we've had a lot this year, more than our norm for certain.

Deanna

Cheryl said...

You will definitely enjoy those goodies...even more so as they came from a loving mama! We mamas just love to give gifts to our babies, don't we?

Stay warm and cozy amid the flakes! :)

Doniene said...

You are much loved!!! Such wonderful tokens of affection!!

Blessings and hugs!

Vee said...

That much snow?! Wowzer. I am sure that the farm will wear it beautifully and can't wait to see it. Perhaps you'll get some Christmasy views for use next Christmas. Now your mom is the real treasure. What a sweetheart! It just goes to show that moms are moms forever. Enjoy it all!

Farm Girl said...

How nice that you got such a nice goody box! That is a lot of snow.
I hope you get to stay inside and enjoy a nice warn house,
I think you got a special box from a special person, to a special you. Have a lovely day.

Debbie said...

Calm down; you're having way to much fun! :D