Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Gathering the Moments in February~

Written by Sue, Saturday March 1, 2014           Sunny, cold winter day temps. 40's
~February Gathering the Moments~
It all started with a visit from grandson Will,
A chocolate meringue pie
Sheep grazing and multiplying


" I want my mama."

Snow began falling, the birds flocked to the feeders
Baking cakes for loved ones , who  had lost loved ones....
Snow cream with cinnamon, yummy
French market bean soup when the cold winter blows
 bean soup warms the body
 ducks enjoying the water
 Well! "hello" you cuties, hows the snow?
 Winter wonderland, this was taken .when the snow had started to melt
Peter continues to watch over the herb garden
 snow is a rarity here in the south, and when it comes we enjoy it's beauty and take lots of photos
 Cold weather calls for sweet potato and pecan pie...

Roses from my... dear sweet son on Valentine's Day
 Jack got a haircut, and bath..
The best country breakfast. Have you ever had country ham with grits,red eye gravy,homemade biscuits, fresh eggs from the hen house, topped off with hot coffee.

 Still enjoying my roses, is there anything as beautiful as a rose?
After the snow melted the temperatures reached into the 70's I opened the window and let the fresh air in...
The view from my porch, simple country living
A visit from Mother is always a highlight
Homemade  bread with butter and jam, ahh!
 Hello handsome Joe,

 Clothes dried and kissed by the sun...

Celebrating happy occasions
 I took this photo yesterday, can you believe my Thanksgiving cactus is blooming again?
 On the last day of February, I took seed from acorn squash and are now drying them for later planting.

Yesterday the permanent phone lines were plowed in,...whoopee!!
Mr P. oversees all things and asks a lot of questions, of course he found out a lot about the two young men.
I am joining Cheryl from thinking about home for A Gathering of Moments, I am late for several reasons, ... I try and not post until I have visited my friends who commented on my last post, I just believe in reciprocation, that's just me, I tried to make collages from Pic Monkey and was told my browser was vintage and I needed to upload to another, tried that, didn't work, it took me hours trying to figure this out, but to no avail, so I just stopped and did my photos individually. So sorry this post is long.
Enjoy your weekend,
Hugs,
Sue

" Hello March"
Please bring me warm sunshine, daffodils, crocus,tulips,  lots of frogs croaking and birds singing love songs to each other, with nests full of eggs. 

17 comments:

ellen b. said...

February was quite the gathering of events at your place. Snow is not a regular event here in the Seattle area, either so we always take lots of photos and talk about nothing but the snow. Blessings...

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
I enjoyed your photos so much. It would be hard to choose a favorite. Hope you are enjoying a nice weekend.
Blessings,
Mildred

Unknown said...

Your home is so lovely and your sheep and donkeys are ever-so-cute! I paused at all the food photos... YUMMMMM!
(visiting from Thinking About Home)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Well, that was just too much fun! The roses are just gorgeous, the bread looks delicious, your Mom is beautiful, how thoughtful to bake cakes for someone else and your home in the snow, so welcoming.

Oh, I feel your frustration over PicMonkey. I love it but I have had issues over one thing or the other, but thank goodness, not lately.

Happy Lord's Day!

Christine said...

Oh, I think you did a great job!
I like how you took us from the start of the season to the almost the end.
Those roses are really so beautiful.

Cheryl said...

I loved seeing your "moments", Sue...from the sweet faces of your loved ones to your darling critters to your yummy treats to your new phone lines (yay!). Oh, and the roses from your son. I think he knows the way to his mother's heart. :)

Thanks for gathering and linking up, friend!

Vee said...

This is a wonderful post! It's wonderful to see many of the things that made up your month. (Awww...sorry about all the frustrations in getting the task done. It's always something! ) I'm glad that you had a bit of snow because it sure looks pretty. Now I hope that you can hang onto more "normal" weather!

Debbie said...

I sure enjoyed the glimpses of your joy during the month of February. Your family, your sweet animals, and all that pretty snow sure made for an eventful month. Love this meme of Cheryl's. I am intending to jump on that wonderful idea too...maybe next month. Hope your week-end is a good one!

Sarah said...

Loved your pictures! Now I'm hungry for biscuits and gravy. YUM!

Patsy said...

What a happy post, lovely February you had.
Looks like our March is more ice and cold so far.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love it when you post, Sue. I feel such a Li died spirit with you. I know it is Jesus, but it is beyond that. Maybe it 's because I grew up as a child on a farm. Your life there makes me so happy because you have such a loving, giving, grateful spirit and such a healthy marriage. It shines through! And I am always happy when my friends are happy. I am sorry, though, that you have lost loved ones. Those cakes will be a huge comfort, not only because they are chocolate but because they are baked with love.

Happy Sunday!

xoxox

Sheila

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Always such a treat to visit with you on your blog. The photos of your farm and the animals and the photos of your food and the photos of your family are all so special!

Debbie said...

I have the same issue with posting when I'm behind in commenting. That's one of the reasons that I got so ferhoodled with blogging last year and continue to be ferhoodled. I was so busy that I didn't have time to read blogs like I like, and then I would be so busy catching up reading that I used up all the time I had for writing myself. It is crazy, but that's the kind of mess I make for myself. This year, I'm earnestly trying to have balance. I'm not doing well yet, but I am still trying.

...says the one who is two days late to even reading this post.

... which I loved. I decided when I was reading Vee's version that I want to do that next month, just savor some moments all month and share them at the end. Yours were wonderful, Sue.

Elena said...

Oh Sue such a wonderful post. I just love see all around your farm. My fav was the donkeys. They are so cute! Your food shots looked really yummy too! God bless you!

Unknown said...

Hi Sue,
Once again a beautiful blog, you inspire me!
Thanks
Tania

Susan said...

Your mother is so beautiful! I can't believe how much snow you have gotten this year. That kind of snow is normal here in Utah but I know it is not normal there. Enjoy it, it will be gone and your flowers will be blooming then the cold and snow will be just a memory. That chocolate cake looks wonderful I might have to try it. Hang on Spring is coming! Blessings!

Kathi said...

Your February moments post is so lovely. You have such a beautiful family and home. Thank you for sharing with all of us. Kathi