Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

How an ordinary day turned in to an extraordinary day~

Written by Sue,Wednesday,March 5, 2014        cloudy,  a winter day, temps low 40's

I decided to take some time this morning to catch up on my blogging, my plans were to bake cookies to mail to family members later in the afternoon, per usual, Mom called to see what I was doing this cold, grey, winter day, and to ask me if I could use a silver plated tray she had bought for me. "Why of course I could, thank you very much."
When she found out about my plans for baking cookies she offered to bake them, as we usually do, we go back and forth,.... me "Thank you but you need to rest today," she... "no I would enjoy baking them." I learned a long time ago that there was no way I would win a consultation with my mother! ~smile~

Fast forward a couple of hours, the phone rings, this sweet voice on the other end says, "I have your cookies ready."  my reply " you shouldn't have," so here we go again.

I wonder if she was thinking, Ha! Ha! I win!!

Aren't they beautiful and yummy  we have Swedish sugar cookies, macadamia, and chocolate chips, yummy, What's that you say,... how do I know, hummmm! we tasted them!
and I get to keep the tray, how cool is that!! The photo does not do the tray justice, As I was walking to the car with my treasures in hand, I was feeling so blessed, for many reasons, you see my Mother is not only my Mom, she is my mentor, friend, confidant, a true Proverbs 31 woman!
All are picture perfect, Mother, tray, and cookies. I am blessed beyond words. As we sat in her living room this evening , both dh and I commented on how warm and inviting her home is, there is a peace that just causes one to sit a spell and relish such peace.
One of my favorite songs sung by Perry Como, is titled
 " Love in a Home",
You can tell when you open the door
You can tell if there's love in a home
Every table and chair seems to smile
Do come in, come and stay for a while
You almost feel you've been there once before
By the shine and the glow of the room
And the clock seems to chime, come again anytime
You'll be welcome wherever you roam
You can tell when there's love in a home
And the clock seems to chime, come again anytime
You'll be welcome wherever you roam
You can tell when there's love in a home

 This describes my "Mother's home". I hope one day that someone will visit our home, and will say the same about ours.Along with some candy, jams and jelly's  these cookies will be well on their way to different parts of the country tomorrow.SHHH! it's a surprise
Enjoy your evening,
Sue
Proverbs 31:29~Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Mom is beautiful. Those cookies look delicious and that is an amazing tray. Thanks for sharing these heartwarming photos with us. God bless.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love your beautiful, sweet mother and her beautiful, sweet daughter. And those cookies! My oh my!

That tray is GORGEOUS.

You are blessed, Sue, but you are a blessing in return.

I have one question... Has your mother been drinking out of the Fountain of Youth?

xo

Sheila

Cheryl said...

Beautiful post, Sue! Beautiful mother, beautiful hearts of love and giving. You are blessed...but you know that already!

Debbie said...

I LOVED everything about this post Sue! What a wonderful mother you have been blessed with, and I am sure her heart is glad that she has taught you well! Soo loving, and giving, and blessed, both of you. I still think of that wonderful gift box you sent me a few years ago that had the apron that your mother made in it as well. I treasure it. Such a neat lady. The cookies and tray look quite yummy btw! lol HUGS

Karen and Gerard said...

What a great day you had! I think that's wonderful how your mom loves to bake all those cookies! I wish I knew how to make our home more inviting looking--it's very functional and eclectic.

Farm Girl said...

How nice and what a pretty tray and so many lovely cookies. She is such a hard worker.
I know just what you are talking back about walking in your Mom's home. There is such a wonderful feeling and the peace is incredible.
You are so blessed Sue.

ellen b. said...

What a blessing it is to share this kind of love and care. Glad you are enjoying your mom now. I might have to share those lyrics!

happyone said...

Your mom is beautiful and sounds beautiful on the inside as well. You are blessed!!
To bad all mothers aren't like her.

Patsy said...

You are both loving and beautiful.
Great post! God's people----

Trish said...

Well Sue, it's very easy to see that godliness, beauty and generosity are simply in your genes,lol! That big silver tray is pretty gorgeous too :-)
blessings..Trish xx

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I think, Sue, that that sweetness and thoughtfulness must run in your family.

God bless you all
Deanna

Anonymous said...

I bet you take offer her in your sweetness and your home feeling of peace that family and friends want to stay for EVER - wink! Love your word I can feel you love your Momma...
and Oh yummy cookies -- yum!
Hugs

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, this is such a precious post and how very blessed you are to still have your Mom and to be able to enjoy such special times. She is just so cute and sassy and the tray, well, I want one like it. What sweet memories!