Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Change isn't easy~

Written by Sue, Monday evening, April 7, 2014            rainy evening temps. 50's    
Saturday was such a beautiful day, (80's) we took advantage of it, by visiting our favorite greenhouse nursery.

Our intentions were to buy wave petunias and make our own hanging baskets, like we do every year, that soon changed when dh, and my friend, the owner,  talked me into buying sun ferns, I am a flower girl and love color, dh loves flowers too, but reminded me of having to water them twice a day in summer. A point well taken. The owner's point was, when summer comes, the ferns will make the porch seem cool!
Homeward bound, Jack wasn't to happy about being pushed out of his seat. ~smile~ but always the southern gentleman dog he is.

On the way home I am thinking, "I want color, I wonder if I am  going to be happy with these ferns, for hanging baskets, why did I let them talk me into buying them, was I sleep walking? ~smile~If I had come by myself, I know what flowers would be in the back, hmmmm!

One consolation was, that I did buy eight petunias, and a tray of snapdragons,(another favorite), for my cutting garden. Having said all that,... the ferns are pretty , that is if you like all one color, the jury is still out, we shall see, Mr P. still pleading his case says I might like them so much that this will be the beginning of something new! We shall see, I think he knows me so well, that the wheels are already  turning to bring lots of color to the porch and garden, and they are turning. While out at Lowes today  I picked up some flower seeds and I saw that twinkle in his eyes, you know the one where they say "I know you are up to something."~grin~ I can hardly wait to share,...
 to be continued...
Enjoy your evening
 (of what's left of it, as it is now late.) ~smile~
Susie Q

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿


22 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

Change is hard! I love the ferns...so clean and regal looking. Color is wonderful too, and I'm pretty sure you will incorporate it with those gorgeous petunias...can't wait to see them!

Hugs,
Barb

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

Change is hard! I love the ferns...so clean and regal looking. Color is wonderful too, and I'm pretty sure you will incorporate it with those gorgeous petunias...can't wait to see them!

Hugs,
Barb

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the spring flowers and greenery! Our problem here in Arizona is that all of the beautiful spring flowers are dead and brown from heat by June. Hope you have a great week!

Farm Girl said...

Well I would have to agree with you and the ferns. My hubby says the same thing all of the time. :)
I am glad you got flowers though.

ellen b. said...

Well, it will be fun to see what develops...

Carol said...

I love hanging ferns on our deck every year. We're just waiting for May 1st to buy ours. We also have flowers to attract hummningbirds.

Smiles,
Carol

Cheryl said...

And now I'm hanging on the edge of my seat waiting to see what you're going to do! :D

Ferns are so pretty, but I think I am like you...I like color in the summertime. Whatever you do, I am sure it will be lovely there on your farm!

Doniene said...

Always a challenge to "change"!! But I'm sure it will be beautiful!!

Blessings and hugs!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love color as well, but I have seen porches in the summer with the lush green ferns and it does look cool and inviting!

I think if you bring in your color with other plants in pots on your porch, you'll get the best of both worlds!

Looking forward to what you're up to, Sue!

Deanna

Vee said...

The ferns are going to be gorgeous and I know that you will come up with something clever to punch up the color on your beautiful porch!

Jack is so cute! I have a grand beagle named Jack. With a grandson named Jake, I am just wondering what they were thinking!

Have a beautiful spring day, Sue!

Maryann said...

I have never tried ferns, I'll be anxious to see how yours do. I love petunia's too but have the same problem with watering. I haven't bought any flowers yet but hope to soon. Blessed to have a husband who supports my "habit"

Patsy said...

They will need lots of water when it gets hot and dry and they shed bad so get color to hang somewhere.LOL

Christine said...

Oh, I know you will love the ferns!
And you will come up with a way to add pops of color.
Can't wait for your nest post!

happyone said...

I think the green ferns on the porch will be pretty and agree about it making the porch look cool.
I'm going to do that too and then have the color on the ground.
My daffodils and tulips out front will are all above ground and should bloom pretty soon now.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, I'm betting you are going to love the ferns. We have four every year and they grow so big it's unbelievable! Enjoyable post!!

NanaNor's said...

Hi Sue, I totally understand about needing color-especially after a long winter. Why did I think you had a German Shepherd? Is Jack a miniature Schnauzer? He is cute!
In our new home we have a sun room. I'm thinking of having a Fern in there or something else-don't know yet and will have to wait until we are settled in, the second week of May.
Sending big hugs your way.
Noreen

Anonymous said...

Good Evening. Jack is just adorable. I had ferns one year and had very good success with them. I have been sharing your blog/photos with my husband. We will be relocating soon and want to take some of our treasured plants with us. Blessings to you and yours this Easter season.

Elena said...

I am with you! I love color and try to put as much color into my small space. I love ferns too and I know they will look beautiful!

Lois Christensen said...

I love the look of ferns! I had purchased two a few years ago to hang on our front porch but they didn't last long. We get tremendous wind here and they were constantly getting dried out and finally gave up. :( I'm sure they're going to look beautiful added to your already beautiful landscape!

Anonymous said...

I love flowers and blooms too, but the greens and textures of ferns are lovely, too!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I need a porch to hang things on...or I will just come visit yours.
Flowers...enjoy!!

Melissa G said...

I love color too but those ferns are soooo big and a beautiful!