Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Remembering~

Written by Sue, Monday, May25, 2015                absolutely beautiful, sunny, warm 80's

Remembering, honoring, and being thankful to those, and their families who gave their all that we might have and enjoy the freedoms that we so enjoy, and blessed beyond measure! You are not forgotten!!

We are covering this nation in prayer, That the freedoms afforded us through so much sacrifice will not be in vain! 
II Chronicles 7:14~ If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
 We are also
Praying for those, too, and their families  who are now serving that these freedoms that so many gave their lives for will continue. You are always in our thoughts and hearts.
Dear sweet grandson~ Will~
On this Memorial Day weekend grandson was promoted to Petty Officer 2nd class, United States Navy.We're so proud of you grandson and love you very much.

Philippians 1:3-4~ I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer on mine making request for all with joy,
   Blessings,
Sue


9 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Good for him, I bet you are so proud! He is a very nice looking young man.
Have a wonderful day Sue

Patsy said...

God keep him safe! We do not have any family in service at this time. But our family history is deep in honor to this country.
Today I am reading a story of love in War World 11 and the Bennie is watching war movies and cooking on the grill.
Have a wonderful day Sue

Debbie said...

Oh Sue, we sure love our service men and woman. My SIL is Marine. I'm awfully proud of him too, and of my daughter whose endured every one of his 4 deployments to some terrible places. The blessings we enjoy didn't come cheap and I wish people would be mindful of the sacrifices made for their freedom. This country needs to be prayed for. Thanks for a wonderful post!

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

What a beautiful post! Many thanks and hugs to your grandson, who selflessly serves our great country!

He and so many others are the reason we can even read the scriptures and worship without fear of persecution . . . they are so appreciated and loved!

God Bless America!

Hugs,
Barb

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

My Dad was a navy man, so sailors are near and dear to my heart! Congratulations to your grandson. I know you are proud!

We remember too, and are thankful. We need to pray for our nation.

Deanna

happyone said...

I was looking for the first verse for my blog but couldn't remember the reference. Now I know thanks. : )
I remember when my husband got promoted to second class.
Congratulations to your grandson, and please thank him for his service!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your grandson. What a great accomplishment. May the Lord continue to bless and protect him. A lovely tribute for Memorial day, Sue!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Beautiful post, Sue! Thank you to your grandson for serving our country. May God bless him and keep him safe. Have a nice week!

Vee said...

What an honor! How very proud you must be of your grandson's promotion. Thank you for praying for this great country of ours. My prayer is for another great harvest to come in. Hope that you've had a good week, Sue!