Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

"This Journey Called Life!"

Written by Sue, Tuesday, May19, 2015             sunny, hot, thunderstorms in evening, temps. 90's


Saturday, I finished another chapter, In my book "This Journey Called Life',"I have probably finished three/fourths of mine. ~smile~, it was the chapter in which I was a part time caregiver for an Alzheimer patient! Leaving was one of the toughest decisions I have ever made, but for my own health, I had to say goodbye!

My shift was from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. Wednesday and Friday, I would get up at 6 a.m. on Wednesday morning, work all day, shower and go to work in the evening, leave at 8 a.m. on Thursday, come home, shower, instead of going to bed, I worked until evening, (I am not a daytime sleeper, no matter if I am up all night,) This put me up for about 40 straight hours! I would repeat this same schedule on Friday!

Needless to say something went lacking...... Me! I am amazed that I was able to work for as long as I did, it is only through the strength given to me by my Heavenly Father that I was able to continue!

PSALM 29-11~ The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace!

I am so thankful for the opportunity to have served this family, though, it was I who was blessed beyond words,  I learned so much about this most dreaded disease! How to appreciate each day given to me, to be more thankful for my blessings, especially my health! I formed a lasting bond both with this precious gentleman, and his family! As you can see I gained more than what I gave!


~Life continues on the farm~
We have a new baby born this week


~There is no love like a Mother's Love!~
 This makes number five, donkeys are very family oriented, very entertaining, and can kick real hard!~ouch~ We have not quite figured out the gender yet, the names we have chosen are Jake or Joy!
Have a blessed day,
Hugs,
Sue

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the Lord gave you the strength for this job and the strength to know it was time to leave it behind.
That little newborn is so cute. I bet they are entertaining! Great names you have at standby!
Have a wonderful week Sue!

Anonymous said...

Glad the Lord gave you the strength for this job and the strength to know it was time to leave it behind.
That little newborn is so cute. I bet they are entertaining! Great names you have at standby!
Have a wonderful week Sue!

Debbie said...

Good morning Sue! Goodness, I honestly can't imagine having the stamina for those hours...ever...let alone at this season in my life! I am glad you were able to keep it up for as long as you did. And I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that you were a tremendous blessing to this sweet man and his family! The newborn is soo cute. Enjoy the rest of your week! Hugs!

Patsy said...

Always glad to see you post---
Alzheimer has got to be the hardest for anyone to see day in and out. We have gone thorough my mothers and a dear friends year's of pain. It will take a toll on the care giver and family.
How sweet it is to watch and care for (and hard work) to have so many of God's creatures. And I love seeing the sheep.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

So glad that you had this time with the family and this man who needed you. God was in your time with them.

Deanna

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, being a caregiver is one tough job and certainly of an Alzheimer's patient. I know you were such a blessing to this family.

Joy or Jake, how cute! Hope you get him/her figured out very soon.

Happy week!

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

I know how hard it is to work away from home, and then come home and work some more!

I know you gave it your all, and I'm sure that your love and compassion will be missed in your client's life and in his families life - but, you do need to do what is best for you. I can tell it was a hard decision for you...

What a cute little baby!!! There are so many blessing by living on a farm!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

to have Compassion is Such a blessing to give to others what a service that will never be forgotten..You are a Lovely person!

My favorite photo today is #1.. LOVE that face!
Hugs

Cheryl said...

Sue, God bless you for being a help to this family. As with most things in life, there is a "season." It is amazing that you were able to keep that schedule up as long as you did! May this next season find you exactly where you ought to be.

What an adorable baby you have there! :)

Vee said...

Oh that would be very difficult. I can imagine your becoming increasingly aware that things needed to change. So glad that The Lord led as He did. What a blessing you must have been to this precious family. Hope that they found another blessing.

The new baby is so cute! Personally, I'm partial to "Jake." =D

Farm Girl said...

Such a pretty baby! I would love a donkey like that.
I am glad you decided to stop. I know it was hard, but you already have such a full and busy life.
I am relieved. I was afraid that you would get sick.
I always have to pray that God will show me His best, there are so many good things, worthwhile things. But God knows us best. You are such a servant Sue.

happyone said...

They are some long working hours. Sounds like you made the right decision.
The donkey is so cute and I love both names.

Happy@Home said...

That sounds like a tough schedule at any age. I know the family was especially blessed by the loving care you provided for them. It is a tough disease for all who are involved. You are right when you say it gives a new appreciation for good health and the beauty of a so-called normal day. Never something to take for granted.
Your newest babies are adorable!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I don't know how you worked all those hours with the work you do at home, too. Blessings to you for helping this patient while he was in your loving care.
The new little baby is just precious. I love seeing all the new spring babies!

Christine said...

I'm glad you stopped when you did.
YOUR health is important to so many others.
What you did, give love, will be treasured by the family. I applaud you for the time and effort.

You know, I always enjoy visiting The Farm, especially with cute faces such as these!

Elena said...

Sue you are amazing. I don't think I would lasted one week on a schedule like that. So glad you were blessed through what you did. Your donkey's are just adorable. I am going to show the pics to Mary as she loves donkey's. We read the book "Brighty of Grand Canyon" and just loved it. All about a wild donkey and all his adventures.