Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~A little change is always good.~

Written by Sue, Friday, September 8, 2017      sunny cool, 70's the calm before the storm.

Well things have certainly picked up around the farm since we last spoke. We have been preparing for a possible  hurricane hit, and I have been doing some more tweaking in the farmhouse.

We live quite a ways from the highway, plus our farm is gated, so I felt pretty safe in having sheers in the master bath,
Before...
I decided it was time for a change,and being the frugal person I am, I took my time and found these panels at Kirklands, for half price.

 After...
I was a little hesitant because I wasn't sure if they would match with the color on the walls! Once I got them up, I liked them, still not sure about the color, anyhow I am thinking of a paint job, in January.

To have more light I only put two panels at the bigger window, (pretend the extra hardware doesn't show), I had the hardest time trying to get these panels up, trying to work by myself on a ladder in such a tight space was no easy task. I was telling my mom at dinner last night of my dilemma, her reply was, "when that happens to me, I just walk away for a while." See, I told you she is a smart lady  ~lol~

 I dare not start a major inside project this near the holidays, besides I have two projects just waiting for me outside!~wink~This being one of them, we repaired the porch earlier this summer,  as usual it is my job to paint, and just as soon as these storms are out of here, I will be very busy!~wink~ This is one reason I decorated for fall so early, and now that it's cooler, it seems right to me.
 

I love children's book, I love to read them to children, I love to read them to myself, I have decided I will remain a child the rest of my life. Children look at life through different lenses than what adults do, they live with, and give  so much hope to adults, and have not yet learned the ways of this world. I believe they call it innocence! The Bernstein Bears series are some of my favorites, I also love finding very old books at antique stores!

Psalms 91:4~He shall cover you with His feathers: and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler .                                    


Have a blessed day,
Hugs,
Sue


12 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

I pray that you will be safe and sound through this storm. I love to read, Psalms, I love that we can take refuge under, His wings . . . He is always my shield. Very appropriate for all that is going on the world today.

Love your bathroom, so comfy cozy! And that tub, oh my goodness, I would take a bath every single day . . . maybe twice! The curtains are beautiful, I love the neutral color.

I love children's books as well - Winnie the pooh is my favorite, he's a very wise bear!

Stay safe sweet friend!

Hugs,
Barb

Billie Jo said...

Hello!
Prayers that you are safe and sound...
I love you panels! And that bath??? Amazing!
I am a teacher by trade and a mother as well...so children's books are my favorite.
I began reading to my first born when she was two months old.
And I haven't stopped since.
Like you, I prefer the older, family oriented books that have stood the test of time.
Please know I always enjoy visiting with you!
Have a cozy weekend. : )

ellen b. said...

I hope you don't suffer any damage from this coming storm. Prayers that all will be well for you. You have quite a project on hold painting that porch! I like the panels. We are all holding our breath with the approach of Irma. Keeping updated on the news. Blessings...

happyone said...

Pray you will be safe from the storm.
I like children's books too and have a little collection of them.

Cheryl said...

Sue, I agree with you . . . a little change is always nice! Your curtains look lovely and you are a smart girl to wait for clearance. :)

I pray that you weather the storm well at Pear Tree Lane!

Rebecca said...

I share your love and enthusiasm for children's books. My most recent acquisition was a Babar book. :)

Hoping you have little damage from the storm and can get back to your project soon. ♥

Farm Girl said...

I have been praying that the hurricane would go out to sea, I will be praying that you are safe. Your house looks so nice and homey.
Its nice to see your posts and see what you have been busy doing.
Be safe.

Debby Ray said...

Praying for safety from the hurricane. This has been so scary to watch and my heart goes out those who have lost their homes or worse. Your farmhouse looks so comfy and cozy. Have a blessed week, Sue!

Debbie said...

I have thought of you and prayed that you are safe and secure through this storm...

Your home is as always sooo warm, comfy and homey, and oh did I mention beautiful? I am done doing LARGE things over here too until after the holidays. Got my Fall decor up yesterday afternoon and I am enjoying it this morning. I don't have alot of it anymore, but what I do I LOVE. Christmas is where I really do up the decorations and I told hubby yesterday, I am behind a good week or more on my Fall decs...maybe we should just go straight to Christmas, lol. Goodness knows it will be upon us quickly Enjoy the rest of your week Sue!

Tanya@EverAfterCottage said...

Isn't it fun to see how new curtains can change the feel of a room? Your new panels make it look so cozy - perfect for fall and winter.

I recently put new (old) curtains up in my living room, and I'm just as frugal - I used fabric from a bolt of fabric I bought that was marked down a LOT. It was too dark, so I soaked the panels I made in bleach to lighten them. Now I love the look.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

It's so nice to meet you!! Your curtains look lovely, and I have a whole stack of Berenstain Bear books that I've kept from when my kids were young. I pray that you are safe through the storm, Sue.

UplayOnline said...

Winnie the pooh is my favorite, he's a very wise bear!


หีฟิต