Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Its Fall Y'all at Pear tree lane farmhouse

Written by Sue, Tuesday, September 12, 2017        sunny ,hot, humid, very humid!

Not a lot going on here at the farm, we were preparing for a hit from hurricane Irma, and are so thankful we were spared, but as we sit watching the news of all the catastrophic events our hearts are so saddened of the devastation others are facing, so we pray and pray some more! But for sure I am reminded of this.

Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in time of trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried  into the midst of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling.
**********************************************************************
This year I decorated the inside for fall a couple of weeks early, so glad I did, because I felt so helpless seeing the devastation unfold right before my eyes as I watched the news, I  don't know if I could have pulled myself away.

As almost everyone knows, I love color for the changing seasons especially fall, which holds my favorite colors!

These lights are the timer led lights, they come on at the same time each day for 4 or 5 hrs.  and on again at the same time next day. Have I told you how much I enjoy them, It is so nice when I come in at night  and the house is already lighted, such a warm feeling.

 It"s Fall Y'all, at least at the farmhouse! #loveautumndecorating#
 I was at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago, at the door was this 9 ft. tree decorated for fall, I really liked it, and kept it on my mind.Soo what do I do, I put a small one up in the breakfast room, it's the first thing I turn on early mornings, and the last light at night before bedtime. Since I spend so much time in and around the kitchen, I thought it was the perfect place. I was so pleased at how it turned out , I call it my fall/Thanksgiving/friendship tree.This photo doesn't do it justice.

 This idea I also got at Hobby Lobby, simple to make, add fall potpourri, or just small pumpkins and acorns (like I did )in a mason jar, place a fabric scrap on top and tie with ribbon or cord.
 This arrangement was placed at the end of the stairway, it is also lit at night.
 A view from the dining room looking toward the stairs.
Yes, there is more decorating,..


That's all for this evening, I will be back soon. 
Wishing you much joy and happiness, through all that we are facing as a country! 
Love,
Sue


6 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

I'm so grateful you were spared from the storm...the scripture is perfect for What is happening in the world today, we truly just need to remember who is in charge...and it will be ok.

Beautiful fall decorations!! I love the tree, it's just so pretty and cozy. I need to start my fall decorating!

Hugs,
Barb

Cheryl said...

Your home looks so cozy and charming with its autumn attire!! I'd love to sit with a cup of coffee in front of your fireplace (we'd pretend that it was cool enough for a fire) and have a nice long chat with you! I think we'd find lots to talk about!

ellen b. said...

Your farmhouse is so warm and inviting, Sue. Fall is such a great season. It's one of my favorites, too. Hobby Lobby is such a great store for inspirations. Love your mantel. Glad that Irma left y'all alone! Wonderful verse to meditate on.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Your verse it a perfect one to hold on to in these terrible storms. Happy to hear you were not impacted too much. Your fall decorating is lovely, warm and cozy! It is so good to stop by to visit!

LL Farm said...

Lovely fall decor Sue!

UplayOnline said...

I need to start my fall decorating!


หีฟิต