Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Sunday thoughts~

Written by Sue, Sunday, February24, 2019        sunny,milder 60's giving thanks for the sun shinning

Took this photo recently at sunset, I love walking by the barn when the animals are eating, they are so quiet,except for the munching and crunching.~smile~

~Expounding on memorization of scripture~
This has been life changing for me. 
One of the most amazing things about memorizing scripture, and researching them, is, its begins to sink way down into our spirit man, causing us to search even more, Case in point, One of our recent memory  verses was short and straight to the point. Proverbs 7:2~ Keep my commands and live; and My law as the apple of your eye. ~sela~

Notice commands is plural, law is singular, We decided to run reference on law, which we thought we already knew,  Luke 10:27~ So he answered and said, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself." A very familiar verse to us, we decided to add this to our memorization book.

We study even further, going  up a few verses to see who is quoting this, it was a lawyer who had asked Jesus what he must do to inherit eternal life. Where upon Jesus answered him by asking  him a question, (Jesus did this a lot, I believe to cause us to come face to face with our own self)
Luke 10:26"What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?"

After the lawyer quoted from the Old Testament, Jesus sums it up for the him, Luke 10:28~ and he said to him, "You have answered rightly, do this and you will live."

I love how Jesus always responds in a way that causes each of us to think and evaluate our lives. I know I do each and every time I open the Living Word.


May your day be filled with many blessings,
Sue

7 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

Can I just say that I think your header is just adorable! It's very Springy, and I'm looking very forward to, Spring!

Memorizing scripture is such a great idea, and pondering, searching and studying scripture truly does bring it to life. I love the scriptures you have been studying. A wonderful Sunday school teacher once told our class that, the Gospel is simply beautiful, and beautifully simple. That's how I feel about, Luke 10:27, it's just simple and beautiful!

I have been studying the New Testament and have gained so much insight into the Saviors life by studying and pondering His amazing life and teachings. Many blessings to you, Sue!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Sue, thank you for such an encouraging post. I love the evening photo of the lambs. So many of them! ♥

Vee said...

Alas, there is zero way to live up to the law. So what was Jesus really saying here? He knows the rich young ruler can NOT do it. If he could have done it or if any of us could do it, there would be no need for Jesus to have died on that cross. So this one has me wondering if Jesus wanted the young man to ask a few more questions...knock and keep on knocking. It is enlightening and interesting and life-changing to study the Word and all the better to memorize. I am impressed with you for being willing to commit to it.

I think it would be delightful to stroll by the barns in the evening listening to the animals have their suppers. ☺️

Farm Girl said...

I love your thoughts. Very nice to read them today. I love your new header and I love your pictures today. I hope you have a great week,

ellen b. said...

Thy Word is a light unto my path. So good to pay attention to God's Word and obey it. Happy Sunday and new week to you dear, Sue!

Pam Richardson said...

Sue, what wonderful scriptures and thoughts at the close of my day! Memorizing scripture is truly life changing. Blessings on your week sweet friend!

Theresa said...

Great scriptures! I love digging in and learning more! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!