Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Happy Friday evening. dear friends.

Written by Sue, Friday, February 22, 2019_       cold, rain, temps. 40's
My proclamation of no more playing this week,  didn't follow through, this has been a week of errands, shopping and finding some great deals, I sured played a lot.

Yesterday while at Lowe's Mr P found this beautiful camellia bush, nothing would do but that he would buy it for me. You see I have been wanting a camellia bush for quite a while, as matter of fact, years.~wink~ They are so pretty and can be enjoyed in the winter and early spring. I offered to help plant, but Mr P wouldn't let me, I think he just wanted his picture taken. ~wink~ The bush is loaded with blossoms, I am sure going to baby this plant.
While at Tractor Supply I found these led lights on sale for $2.49, I like these lights because they have a timer. I  have quite a few scattered about the house, along with let candles. I love coming home in the evening with the house lighted in soft lights.
I placed these in the guest bathroom, in a tin tub, with a few absolute musts in a guest bathroom.
We never know when we are alone in a bathroom what need might arise. I like to have available flushable wipes,
 along with Mr Doo,  a led candle just makes it more like home. They look so pretty on mantles, and in flower arrangements.
A few magazines too!
The next great deal was finding these cuts of meat, on sale, all natural, free of growth hormones, antibiotics
 Chicken washed, placed in freezer for quick freeze, and then into food saver bags.
 Pork loin, going into slow cooker tomorrow.
I am estimating five or six meals, at a cost of $3.25 for two, per meal.

For sure this has been a very busy week, not what I had planned but, a good One. I have more deals to share, I think you might like them~Wink~

 I am still enjoying my bouquets, from Valentine's Day, (yes, I received two more last week from our children.)
Today I went through them and made one.
I am going to let you decide,.... Am I spoiled or just loved a lot!!

Blessings, 
Sue

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are most definitely loved a lot! What a wonderful idea how to use those little LED light strings! LOVE the Camellia bush. We do have one in our front yard and I just love the deep pink flowers!

Hooray for great deals on meat. XO

Far Side of Fifty said...

I envy your weather! Hope your new bush loves it's new spot! :)

Billie Jo said...

LOVED indeed!
Thank you for sharing the beautiful lights and the tips for them.
I am going to find some myself, to place in our guest room.
I think they look beautiful and cozy!
Have a cozy weekend, my lovely friend!

Pam Richardson said...

Sue, you are a wise shopper. I love your camellia, they make nice bouquets in shallow bowls. Have a wonderful weekend!

ellen b. said...

Great minds think alike. I have a big hunk of pork that is going into a slow cooker tomorrow for a taco meal on Saturday with our kids. I suppose we can also turn it into bbq pulled pork sandwiches on Sunday! Nice idea for the guest bath! I love those battery operated lights. You are going to love that camellia for sure. Happy weekend to you. Hope it's peaceful!

Farm Girl said...

Just lovely Sue, You are just like the Proverbs 31 woman. Yes, it was busy here too. I hope today to settle down and plant some seeds in pots. No food seeds of course, flowers.
Have a lovely day.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I'd say you are loved, Sue! What a lovely visit to your place today-beautiful header, great buys, and pretty flowers! Your camellia is lovely. Our's is loaded with buds too--hopefully our rascally squirrels will not eat them this year! Have a great weekend. ♥

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I have some of those cute lights that I have not used, this inspires me to get them out and use them. Love your cameilla bush. If it doesn't stop raining here we're going to have to build an ark. :o)) Happy weekend!

Lorrie said...

You've been keeping busy with lots of good things. The camellia bush is going to be so lovely when it blooms. Hope you're having a great Saturday!

R's Rue said...

Love.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Camellias are my favorite flower. We have one bush with red blooms and it's so welcome in the winter months. I love your pretty bouquets too! Hugs, Diane