Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Another project bites the dust~

Written by Sue, May 31, 2019,       sunny, hot, humid, temps. 90's
Temps. hit 103 here yesterday with very high humidity! I only worked a few hours outside
Today it is still hot and humid, but I found time early this morning to do a little project that I have been wanting to do. I have these two walls on my porches that needed something to brighten them up. This one is on the front porch is just looked so bland and dull!

 This one is on my screened porch, this area is a very special place, It is cool in the mornings and cool at night, Mr P. and I like to come, sit and listen to the sounds of the night, one of our favorite sounds is the train bustling down the track with its whistle blowing at the crossings, we love to listen and smell the fresh rain as it waters the earth and vegetation.

So what is one to do, as I was watching a tv commercial I noticed this ladies porch wall as she was entering her home, it had these lovely wall planters with plants, it caught my eye, I began a quest to find wall planters, which are hard to find in retail stores. Do you notice things like this, I do!

 I had been looking for a while to find just the right ones, (farmhouse style) low and behold while shopping at The Christmas Tree Shop last week there they were, and  they fitted our budget too! Now all I had to do was find some plants, and plant.
This is my potting shed it is near my back porch, Earlier this week I cleaned and organized it.

The potting shed is where I get to do some of my creating, it is so easy to keep clean, too!


I was so pleased at how both porches turned out, now all I have to do is water, feed the plants and wait for them to grow.

I have also been doing some patriotic decorating on the porches. I enjoy decorating for seasons and holidays, don't you.


That's about all for today at the farm, I hope you have a great weekend of making wonderful memories with family and friends.
Love from me to you,
Sue
p.s. Sunday, June 2, 2019,  has been set aside by the Rev. Franklin Graham, to pray for our president, though we pray each day for him, our leaders, and country, this will be a special time of prayer.

15 comments:

Christine said...

Even if you "borrowed" the idea from a TV show, your walls look great!
Now you can sit and listen to those train whistles and feel at peace with your new walls. (I love to listen for train whistles, too!)

Schotzy said...

I absolutely love the walls.. They are perfection... Simply beautiful!! That screened in porch sounds like paradise..I read your comment on my page regarding my doctors' appointments and I am so pleased, but I wanted to share something with you... please try not to be offended by this.. I have a nurse friend who is married to a doctor, they both are using this product with wonderful results.. perfectly harmless..who told me about this a year ago and she was after me every time I saw her about taking it but I struggled with it... It is CBD oil.. It wasnt until I went to hear a local dentist give a talk at our library about the benefits of it that I decided with his approval and recommendation I tried it.. It is a known product to help with pain, inflammation, helps regulate blood sugar, is a known med for helping seisuzes.. etc.. Yes, it is a derivitive of hemp which is a turn off for many folks, but it is not an illegal drug or anything like that.. it is actually taking our locality by storm...I started taking it sublingually .... under the tongue so it is absorbed right into the blood stream instead of swallowing it... 3 months ago and I truly believe my blood sugar is more managed by the oil... it has helped with my inflammation, stress and ability to sleep well, too! The premise is this... the best oil has trace amounts of THC, (0.03%) the hallucinagin from hemp, but this is because the THC acts as a trigger to stimulate the brain to receive the oil .. Inside the brain and around the body are receptors.. the oil activates the receptors,,, those that in older age aren't functioning as well, to do their job.... so it isnt the oil that is doing something to regulate the blood sugar .. it is the receptor in the brain suddenly activating to do its job for the body.. Using organically pure CDB oil is what I consider God's gift to His people; something that big pharma doesnt like and therefore many doctors do not prescribe or recommend.. if you a re still reading this I am going ahead to give a bit more information... one must buy grade A oil not from amazon or some cheap offer found on line. A good product is always doing testing and improving their product.. but go to the manufacturer.. I have used 2 types.. One from Newleaf ... go online and type in newleaf and see it come up ... a month's supply bottle costs 99.00. but you can type in newleaf coupons to get 10 -25 % off esp aroond holidays. Another very good product can be found at Earth Faire Nature foods.. the brand name is Charlotte's Web... you can buy a two month supply there for for 89.00 on sale or 99.00 reg price. I also bought a cbd oil cream that I rub on my recurring gout.. the pain subsides and stays away form weeks, or a burn, the pain is gone.. etc.. I wouldn't write all of this, beleive me, except the news is too good not to share... I know it is hard to grab hold of.. but I urge you to do some research and ask around about it.. Esp with a hard time managing blood sugar or any of the things Ive mentioned.. at any rate if you are affended by my telling you, I do get that from time to time please just forget it and please still be my blog friend.. God bless you!!!

Mrs.T said...

Good for you, Sue, figuring out a solution for your walls and making it work! I love Christmas Tree Shops but I hate driving so I am not likely to get to one any time soon. Most of the Christmas Tree Shops in our state are in city areas. The one exception is up north but it is in a busy tourist area.

I have such a black thumb that anything I tried to plant in planters like that would likely die. I do better planting things in the ground!

I loved hearing about how you and Mr. P like to sit on your porch and listen to the sounds of the night. I'm hoping this year to make our screened porch less utilitarian and more of an inviting spot.

Schotzy said...

Deasr Sue, as you said, God works in wondrous ways.. nothing is by happenstance and I pray that if you deicide to go that route, you will enjoy many benefits..Happy weekend! Praying for the President on Sunday!!

Sandi said...

Love, love, love your gray flooring! Is it painted? I asked a builder about doing that and he said it's usually painted when you see it on older homes. We didn't do it, but I love to see it.

I'll be praying for Trump Sunday!

happyone said...

Oh my that is HOT!!
Love your porch and now you made it even nicer!!!

Theresa said...

Beautiful! I would love to have that potting shed to create some pretties. Enjoy your evening. Hugs

Cheryl said...

Great job, Sue . . . noticing and waiting and then carrying it through so beautifully! Love your wall planters!

103 degrees in May?! I am hot just thinking about it . . .

Karen and Gerard said...

Wow, your porch looks fantastic and quite homey! I love it!!! Great job!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, that's warm! It looks lovely. You did a fabulous job.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Well, those plants just put "the icing on the cake." Lovely and so warm and welcoming. And, the patriotic decor is awesome. Good job!

ellen b. said...

Lovely. That really added a lot to your sweet porch. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time there. Hope your weekend is going well dear one!

living from glory to glory said...

Dearest, Your Porch is always so welcoming!! Life is so full of busy, and yet if we will but stop and smell and listen to the sweetest things the Lord will provide.
Hope you have a lovely summer dear friend!
Hugs, Roxy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your porch looks so inviting! And the planters are perfect for flowers....you can change them out for the seasons too! A beautiful project and one you'll enjoy all summer! Hugs, Diane

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh Sue, how beautiful your porch is!! The walls look perfectly decorated and I love your patriotic touches. So pretty!!