Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Summer is here.... ahead of schedule~

Written by Sue, Monday, June 3, 2019     sunny, warm, 80's
Summer weather(hot, humid) has certainly come to Pear Tree Lane, our weekend was spent keeping our gardens and flowers watered. The garlic is ready and will be gathered this week and hung to dry.
When it is hot, with no rain, plants need lots of watering. As does our farm animals and keeping them with fresh water keeps us busy too! They drink twice as much in this type of weather, I do too! ~wink~
 Last Friday we picked our first squash,

and canned them in mason jars, these certainly come in handy during winter. I make squash casseroles, saute them with onions, and make squash pies!
Today, was a little cooler with less humidity, so I took advantage of this, by weeding the garden and flower beds. With no rain the sprinklers were turned on. If I could I would stay outside all day, but hot/humid weather says otherwise.
We picked a half bushel of yellow squash this morning, called mother to see if she wanted them, she did. She also canned hers. She is not only my mother, but my friend, confident, teacher of all things that matter in life.

 this left me with more time to work in my garden. I will can more later this week.


I am making another attempt at growing lavender, it is one of my favorite plants,
 I snipped a few stems, they are drying in a closet.
Finally, this is what you do when you are hot, tired and just needing a break.๐ŸŒž This is our son and dil while visiting few weeks ago, and working on the farm,.... in my defense,... They volunteered,(pinky promise)!๐Ÿ˜‰


Tomorrow both Mr P and I have Dr.'s appt. for lab work, as usual this takes time we will run errands when finished.So what is on your to-do list for this week.


๐Ÿ’– from to you,
Sue



16 comments:

ellen b. said...

You've done a lot of work. Your mom looks so great. What a joy and blessing to have her. I've been having to go out in the cool of the morning to weed. Lot easier to work in the coolness than in the heat for sure. Those kids know how to rest. Cute shot your son and DIL having a rest. Enjoy your time away from the farm!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

It is getting so hot and humid here and our time outside working will be very limited for sure. I've never enjoyed outside work all that much but I can work like a Turk on the inside. :o)) Always good to stop by for visit. Would love to run over and sit in one your swings and enjoy a visit.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your garden is absolutely amazing. I'm in aw of you!

Vee said...

Anyone working hard on the farm deserves a break on the swing! Life sounds busy there! It is way too busy here as well, but not for lack of water. Pace yourselves now...

Theresa said...

OH SUE, what a beautiful garden! We love squash but never have much luck growing them. My Daddy could grow so many things and I miss seeing him walking around in the garden:( Your Mother is gorgeous! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my, look at all that beauty you are growing, and canning!! My late hubby lived growing things in a garden that he shared with a good friend. Your mother is just a beauty, and I love how you praised her.

Linda said...

Oh, I love your garden and your beautiful mother! I’m going back to see if you tell what part of the country you live in.
They are eating squash from the garden down at the ranch! Can’t wait to get back down there!

happyone said...

Wow you have done lots of work and lots from your garden already.
You have such pretty, neat and tidy gardens!

NanaDiana said...

WOW-You have been a busy girl! Everything looks great. If that is your mom she is a beautiful woman. I love what you wrote about her--you will never kow how really lucky you are to have a mom like that!

Good luck with your dr appts. I had one today for labs and a couple of x-rays. Life is so much fun sometimes, isn't it?! lol

Thanks for leaving a comment on my porch post today, too. xo Diana

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I love your picket fenced in garden, Sue! Absolutely beautiful! Love seeing your lined up jars of squash--beautiful. Thank goodness for helpful family resting on the swing! Enjoy your summer and do pace yourself in the heat!

Elena said...

Dear Sue, I always love reading your posts. I have been growing lavendar too! I just love it. I planted 4 different kinds along our front fence row. Thank you so much for your sweet words about us losing Mac. We are having a hard time, missing him but time I know will heal our hearts. Thank you so much for your loving and encouraging words. You are a jewel! Love, Elena

R's Rue said...

Looks so good.

Mrs.T said...

What amazing jars of canned squash! I have never tried canning squash. We don't have room for a large garden -- we have plenty of acreage, but it is mostly woods. Anytime we have planted summer squash or zucchini we usually just eat it fresh. But the idea of having those jars on hand to use as you described is a really good one!

Farm Girl said...

Good morning Sue,
You are so inspiring. I thought I would check in before I go out to the garden. I am going to make my first batch of relish this morning and pick some beets to can.
Its cooler here today.
What a lovely garden you have. My son and his family made it to their homestead finally. They will be living in a place called Forest City.
So with them living in N.C. its a interesting place.
I hope your lab work went okay and blessings to you and your family.

Christine said...

WOW! You have been busy!
I have tried to grow Lavender but so far, it hasn't taken off. I'm sure you will have a thriving crop!

Schotzy said...

I get exhausted following you around , but your farm is so magnificent. It brings to mind those long ago days on my grandparents farm in SW Virginia. Now I enjoyed working in the garden back in the day, but alas, I have gotten lazy as I compare my day to your’s. Putting up your preserves, and canning. Wow, very impressive, but I do remember the pride of seeing your finished larder full of freshly canned treasures.As I visit your blog, I feel a bit rejuvenated to recall our bygone days out in the open spaces. City living can not compare. Hope your new week brings you both good news and great new prospects. God bless!