Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~A girl can change her mind, can't she~

Written by Sue, Wednesday, August 21, 2019~    hot, humid again partly sunny, 90's, heat index 100+
Our weekend was so busy, though I do my daily/weekly cleanings through the year. I try and give the farmhouse a complete cleaning twice a year, spring and fall.This includes windows, baseboards,air vents, light fixtures, furniture and all what-nots, (Sue has plenty of those,)  a good vacuum and mopping, actually everything......

I don't usually start major projects on the weekend, Saturday was an exception. I was planning to start  putting the fall decorations out, and then clean, but changed my mind, and decided to clean first. Since Mr P. had no plans I asked for his help in  starting in the living room, and foyer, which have cathedral ceilings, just couldn't manage that by myself, we have to use both 12ft. and 6ft. ladders. So it begins...
The living room window, pretty high, isn't it! But we got it and the shelf done, he always says, "Sue we make a great team, don't we."

Foyer window, chandelier, and the two shelves, which display my Dickens houses with little people, nice and shiny.
Dining room cleaned and ready to decorate, such a great feeling to have these rooms cleaned even if I wasn't decorating for fall. With all my canning and gardening in the summer it is hard to maintain as I would like too.

I just couldn't resist putting this plate out.

If I can contain my enthusiasm for fall, I might get started on the  breakfast room today. ~wink~ though I am seriously considering decorating the rooms I have cleaned ,Whoopee! It has been a almost a year since I packed the decorations away, I always enjoy seeing them again.

Aren't the bows adorable.. they are a gift from daughter Susan,I have them hanging on the hall tree, until Mr p. finishes cleaning the porch.

They will go outside on the bannister,which Mr P is cleaning today, I usually help but he has hired someone to help instead so I can continue inside


Enjoy your day,
love 
Sue










17 comments:

Nawm D Gerr said...

Wow, such a pretty house! Love the green in the kitchen nook! Can't wait to see the fall decorations up.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your foyer window is beautiful! And I love your dining room, especially the wrap around windows with the bay window. Also the tray! The bows are huge, abundant, and gorgeous! They will really make a splash outside. And then the porch, your house is so inviting and lovely.

Sandi said...

I love your porch!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your so good at your cleaning. I'm afraid I have slacked off quite a bit which makes the projects even bigger! I love that your husband helped you and his comment was so sweet. Way to go!!!

Vee said...

I just hope the autumn decorating is making things feel cooler. Wow! Those windows are gorgeous. Are you still happy with them in spite of all the extra work to keep them looking presentable? Believe me, I question the transom windows every time I see that they need cleaning, which is far more often than twice a year. It sure does help to have a team! Your husband sounds like a great team member to have, especially if he calls in extra help. Have fun, Sue! (I think you are.)

Cheryl said...

You clean circles around me, Sue . . . always working on big projects and getting things done!! Yes, you and Mr. P are a wonderful team! You'll enjoy decorating such a clean and tidy space. Can't wait to see all of your autumn decorations! It's my favorite time of year!

happyone said...

Sounds like lots of work, nice to have help.
That is one thing that Ken does not do, house cleaning!!
Your home is beautiful.

Shug said...

Beautiful Home! I went to Hobby Lobby today and it was all I could do not to buy Fall items today. I can't wait..... Having everything clean makes one feel great

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Reading this has inspired me to stop procrastinating and start cleaning. I don't know why I find the thought of housework so overwhelming, but you are right. When you get to it, and see the sparkling results, it sure does make you feel good. Your home looks lovely.

Billie Jo said...

Hello!
What a beautiful home, sweet friend!
And I always clean before I decorate!!!!
I cannot wait to pull out my autumn things.
I cannot wait to see you home all cozy in autumn colors too!!
Hugs from Pennsylvania!

Linda said...

Oh, SUE!!! I love your home!!! You made those cathedral ceilings and walls COZY!! Only you! I never see cozy in those tall rooms. Some people push their walls out and I pull mine in. You make yours so 'you!' Beautiful!!

Edna B said...

Your home is beautiful. The cleaning alone must take up so much time. I could use your energy. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Lorrie said...

Your home is lovely. Cleaning for a new season is such a good idea.

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Good morning, Sue~

It's so nice to meet you. You have a beautiful home and your porch is so inviting. Thank you for stopping by the farm. I am trying to get back into consistent blogging as well as visiting. I hope to be by again soon.

Blessings~
Laura

CHERI said...

Your home is lovely and the talk of fall makes me antsy for it to get here SOON!. It has been so hot here for so long now. I long for cook crisp mornings and the smell of the new season. I will need to do all this cleaning soon myself but it's just so hot that I can't yet get motivated! So nice your hubby is a good helper. Mine is too...he did the vacuuming this morning:) and always does the yard work. Can't wait to see all your fall decorations...hurry up, fall!!!

ellen b. said...

I think that was a brilliant idea to clean before you put up Fall décor. It's wonderful to enjoy teamwork. It's always good to have a helper when you do ladder work! That window is way up there! Great attitude, your hubby has. I'm thinking I need to call the window cleaners out before I pull out the Fall décor here. Enjoy the last week of August, Sue!

Dianna said...

Your house is looking lovely! We have high ceilings too; I have a long extension duster. It is heavy and tricky to use up high but the kids think it's fun.