Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Things that I am smiling about today~

Written by Sue, Monday, August 26, 2019  finally a break, beautiful day, sunny, 70's

Cut flowers from the garden, these are the last of the zinnias for this year, while I was gathering them they whispered a secret, they promised to be back next year, zinnias always keep their promises.😘,
 Gathering herbs, (sage), bell peppers, cayenne peppers, all gathered this morning, the green peppers are in the freezer,
 Cayenne pepper and sage  in the dehydrator, to be used for soups, turkey dressing,sauces etc.


Ask any southerner what they think about what is in this jar and what it is used for and they will tell you right away,...This is cayenne peppers in vinegar, and are a staple in all southern homes, (well most homes anyhow) ~wink~We  eat them with collard greens,turnips, all kinds of greens!  Don't forget the cornbread ! yummy! I also froze okra and canned more pickled okra today!
  My fall candle, (Leaves) on the counter top, causing the house to smell like fall, Mr P. says so.
 Ahh! fresh laundered towels and wash cloths, do you sniff your linens, I do as I am putting them away.~grin~
 No cleaning, decorating today, the weather was so nice, I just had to get outside, work  in the garden, gather the last of summer's bounty and prepare for winter. We also prepared the soil for planting some fall crops., garlic, beets,carrots, lettuce, spinach.

 I hope you are having a great start to your week.
To all who stop by and say "hi",
 thank you from the bottom of my heart

Blessings,
Sue


16 comments:

Vee said...

A very productive day! Zinnias always keep their promises? Do they come back on their own?

happyone said...

The zinnias are beautiful.
So many wonderful things from your garden.
Yes, I do smell my towels, they smell wonderful dried on the line!!

happyone said...

I forgot the 'outside'. : )

Linda said...

Zinnias were in the ranch garden this year and I intend to plant LOTS of them next year! I love the way you spent your day! It's 102 here - the second hottest day of this summer. It was 102 a week or two ago as well and many 101's and 100's! I am weary of the heat! I used to have a dehydrator and I need to look for it or get another one!

My granny always used peppersauce on her black eyed peas.....
Loved my visit here with you this afternoon!

Susie said...

I loved seeing all your gardening results. You will be enjoying your produce for some time to come. I love home canned green beans. I adore spicy candles. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Ginny Hartzler said...

You sure have a wonderful bounty of food and flowers! The basket of flowers looks just like summer. It was a beautiful day here too!

Shug said...

My zinnias are about to give it up as well....Great goodies form the garden... so glad you had comfortable weather.....104 here..

Old Time Cindy said...

Oh, I love my zinnias. I'm still babying them along as I hate to see them go. Fall is just around the corner, though, isn't it? Have a blessed day!

Theresa said...

Oh what a beautiful bouquet! We always have pepper sauce when we have collard greens:) YUM! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Such great things to smile about. I love, love Zinneas, so colorful! I hope to have a post up in the next couple days. Our little Grandson being born early threw a big curve ball at us and I'm not yet back on my regular schedule. :o))

CHERI said...

Well, you certainly have made me even itchier for FALL:) I am soooo tired of the hot weather. I do love zinnias and will miss the ones a friend down the road plants each year, but as you said they will be there next year.

ellen b. said...

I'm always amazed at your productivity. Things are lookin good for eating in the winter! Happy you can enjoy fall through that candle already. We are having another hot week here before things start to cool a bit again. Your fall crops sound real good!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue,
Love your sweet post.....I haven't seen zinnas in years. I had a neighbor who
used to have them when I was a kid and I always loved them cause they were so
vibrant and in different colors.
All great things to smile over.....
Hope you have a great rest of the week.
Blessings,
Nellie

Edna B said...

Your flower basket is beautiful. What a nice bounty from your garden. It must be nice to be able to plant Fall crops. We can't do that here. It gets too cold. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Cheryl said...

Oooo . . . your autumn candle is making me smile too! I have a couple of new ones tucked away, ready for autumn burning. Why wait, huh? :)

Glad you enjoyed your day in the garden and preparing for winter goodness!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Awesome things to smile about!