Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~It's that time again~

Written by Sue, Thursday Oct. 31, 2019   very warm, rain showers 80+ degrees

I guess you might say this week was the beginning of  my official holiday baking season. ~wink~ I started off with two  pies, a regular pecan

and a  cream cheese pecan pie, the cream cheese was a new recipe, it got two thumbs up.

Tuesday and Wednesday were cookie baking days, I baked 8 1/2 dozen chocolate chip, 



 Ginger snaps,  were next, 7 1/2 dozen, great for dipping in milk, or coffee, which I love.

Both packaged and delivered to a special nursing and rehab center by someone special.😉🎃
Little Red Riding Hood, found some helpers along the way.
 Susan is Director of Nursing at the facility. This facility has three sections,. Re-hab, short term care and long term care.We are so proud of all of her accomplishments, she loves her job so much. Nursing is a very noble, and dedicated profession, nurses go over and beyond what is required of them, I have witnessed this first hand.
 I love to bake, one of the many reasons I enjoy this time of year so much.

A Good friend is like a four-leaf clover;
hard to find and lucky to have.
~Irish Proverb~
That's how I feel about you dear Friends.


May your days be filled with many blessings.
Sue


17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so hungry now. You are an amazing baker, everything looks so mouthwatering. And using your baking talents on this holiday to lift up and cheer people is awesome!

happyone said...

You certainly have been busy baking.
I'm sure you put a smile on many, many faces!! : )

Vee said...

Such a cute Little Red Riding Hood. I am sure that the residents appreciated the home baking!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Everything looks delicious!

Theresa said...

SO many yummies and cuties to deliver them. Sweet treats to share:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Sue,
I loved that you made cookies for the nursing home, what a sweet idea, and I am sure they
were thrilled to pieces. Enjoyed your daughters birthday celebration pics, she is such
a pretty girl....just like her Mom and Grandmother.

That book by Roma sounds good.....might have to try and find that or put it on my christmas
wish list....

Wish I liked baking but I really don't....I do have to baking....lol
All your cookies and pies looked yummy.....headed to the kitchen now to find something
yummy. lol

Have a great week hon,
Blessings galore,
Nellie

Betsy said...

I know all at the nursing home were so grateful My mom is in a nursing home that has several units like the one you describe. So good to have people who come in and bring a smile to faces that rarely have a visitor. Bringing a sweet treat is such a special joy to them.
Those ginger snaps are kind I love, I dip them in coffee or tea. I can almost taste them, they look so good along with chocolate chip and that cream cheese pecan pie. That is one I have not had before. I must try and I love pecan pie.
Happy Friday to you
betsy

Debbie Harris said...

That Irish proverb is S-O-O-O true!
I'm thankful for you too! ;)

I've been hungry for a pecan pie but my husband doesn't care for them, so I'd have too eat the whole thing, and I could mind you.
Both of yours look awesome. I do not believe I have ever had one with cream cheese but I'd be willing to try it. Sure wished I was your neighbor. For more reasons than your pie by the way.

How precious of you to bake those cookies and package them up for those dear loved ones at the center and who better than Little Red Riding Hood to deliver them.
Ginger snaps were my dad's all time favorite cookie and he liked to dunk them in his coffee too.

Sweet posting, God bless you~

Unknown said...

Sue I love pecan pie and you are speaking my language with cream cheese in one. Yummy. Happy Fall.

ellen b. said...

Oh yum, so many delicious offerings coming from your kitchen. I love Little Red Riding hood delivering these special treats! Blessings on your head dear Sue!

Edna B said...

Your pies and cookies look so yummy! It is so sweet of you to share them with the folks at the facility. You put a big smile on my face today. I hope your day is wonderful. Hugs, Edna B.

Cheryl said...

I'll bet your house smells (and tastes) wonderful!

Your daughter is beautiful and I have no doubt that she is a hard worker if she is anything at all like her mama! I have a feeling you trained her well!

Happy November, Sue!

Christine said...

Sue, You inspire me!
So thoughtful. hard working, full of love and kindness, and so giving!
Bless you!!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Everything looks so yummy!! You should be very proud of your daughter as nursing is often a Thankless profession...After 41 years of working as a staff nurse, primarily in a Rehab unit, I know that more than anyone....Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Patti said...

This is my first visit to your blog, but it will definitely not be my last. You have a beautiful site here.

I would enjoy one of everything you baked. Everything looks delish!

Your daughter looks very cute as Red Riding Hood. What a fun way for her to deliver the cookies.

Blessings,
Patti @ This Beautiful Life

Far Side of Fifty said...

How wonderful that you share your baking talent, especially with the residents of a nursing facility!

Jennifer Robert said...

ATTENTION!!
--

Do you need a loan to start up business? pay off bills? we offer all kinds of financial assistance to every individuals Such as:

*Business loan
*Personal loan,
*House purchase loan.
*Student loan,
*Investment Loan
*Debt consolidation and House purchases Etc. We Offer is affordable at an interest rate of 2%.

Note: These offer is for serious minded and God fearing People Only.

Email: jacksonwaltonloancompany@gmail.com

Text or call: +1-205-5882-592. (SKYPE Video Calls.)

Address is 68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240.

CEO:Mrs Helen Raymond