Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Monday Morning Musings~

Written by Sue, Monday, October 7, 2019     cloudy, warm, temps.80 low humidity, so nice
~Autumn~
*********************************************************************************
With all of the busyness I am enjoying the fall decorations so much, yes, fall/autumn is my favorite season, with Christmas being my favorite holiday, this is when all of  my five senses really  come alive. I love the cool crisp mornings, the smell of fresh hay as it is placed in the barn! The leaves as they change color and begin to fall., carving pumpkins, campfires from burning leaves and oak logs, last but not least  all of  the fabulous fall recipes. OH! OH! I almost forgot, the  "Hallmark Fall" movies! YES!!

Ahhhh! the wonderful fragrance of fall,"Leaves", from Bath and Body Works  has become one of my favorites I like that this company is now using more essential oils in their products.  My fall candles are lighted early in the day!

One of my favorite decorations are these led candles, they come on about dusk for 5 hrs.
Pumpkins always a favorite on the mantle, more led lights. 

Turkey Man found his place on the sofa, and says no way is he leaving either! He says "eat ham, so much tastier"!`smile~

This tree greets us when we come in by the foyer, the lights also come on automatically at  dusk for 5 hrs.

I am so thankful for this season of  "Thankfulness"
Psalms 100: 4-5~Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name, For the Lord is good, His mercy is everlasting and His truth endures to all generations.


Not posting on a regular time schedule, is not a good thing for me as a blogger, it seems the longer I am away the harder it is to catch up. Sometimes life becomes so busy we neglect the things that bring so much joy and satisfaction to us. I truly enjoy blogging, this includes visiting with you, which I count to be more important than what I have to say.



I draw so much inspiration and encouragement from your ideas through photos and thoughts you share, whether it be on decorating, sharing your faith, and family, and food recipes! Bloggers are truly a close knit family to which I am honored to be a part of. My desire is to be a more active member of this"close knit" family! Thank you for opening up and sharing your homes and life with me.
Blessings,
Sue
************************************************************************************
An update on Mr P.
Dear One has finished all his pre-ops. except for  two classes on the procedure, he  passed with flying colors and has been scheduled for surgery Nov. 20! Please pray for him, for the Drs., and yes for me.
Blessings,
Sue

21 comments:

Edna B said...

I love your decorations. That turkey is just too adorable. I say "eat ham" too! And that Victorian Thanksgiving card is beautiful. I love the Fall colors and the crisp mornings too, just not the cold weather that is sure to follow. I'm so glad that hubby finally has an appointment for his surgery. Prayers sent for all to go well for him. You enjoy this wonderful weather and have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

Debbie Harris said...

Sue, your home is so warm and inviting!
You certainly have a special touch when it comes to decorating, and your photos are terrific!
My mom was the Queen of decorating, oh she had a special touch, even down to her gift wrapping. Now a days people just use gift bags, hardly ever see a wrapped gift.

Your DH will be in my prayers as will you too. ❤
He will be a new man with that new knee!

Have a beautiful day ♡

Ginny Hartzler said...

I will be praying for both of you. As his caregiver, you need prayers as well. Your mantle is beautiful. And your fall tree is stunning! I wish I had the talent to decorate one this way! I think I will save your picture in case I get the nerve to duplicate it for myself.

Sandi said...

Beautiful photos!

I'm praying.

happyone said...

Things looking nice a festive at your house. Your decorations are lovely.
Will be praying!!

Billie Jo said...

Prayers!!
I am in awe of your cozy, festive, autumn home.
I love my visits here, my dear friend.
Have a lovely evening.

Christine said...

Every time I see your decorations, I want to run out and grab my decoration bin so I can start decorating. You inspire me!
What a warm and cozy HOME! If I try hard, I can even smell what ever you have in the oven or made it's the candle...yummy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your decorations are lovely:)

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Sue, your home looks lovely decorated for Autumn! I adore your mantle. It's so pretty with the pumpkins and fairy lights. I'll keep you and your husband in my prayers as you and he prepare for surgery.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Love all your soft lights. I have a lot of the LED candles but they go thru batteries sooooo fast! Praying for your Hubby and you as surgery awaits. Happy week!

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

I always love to see you beautiful home all decorated, it's so gorgeous! Fall is my favorite season as well, I just love the colors, smells and tastes of the season.

You and your husband will be in my prayers for a successful surgery!

Enjoy this amazing season!

Hugs,
Barb

ellen b. said...

Yes, praying all goes well for the surgery. Your home looks cozy for fall! I'm very behind as October has become a very very busy month at our country bungalow. I will take time to be thankful.

Cheryl said...

Great to hear that Mr. P has passed all of his pre-ops and is scheduled for his surgery. I will definitely be saying some prayers for him and for you!

Aren't the candles on timers a great invention? It is so easy to have a cozy evening . . . effortlessly! Your autumn home sure looks pretty and cozy!

Vee said...

Wonderful update on Mr. Pear Tree Lane. Will certainly keep him in my prayers for a successful surgery and, once healed, an end to pain.

Everything at your place looks autumn cozy. I have some candles that come on at dusk and are on for six hours. This means that they are often still on when I am off to bed. I like seeing the flickering.

What you say about blogging is so true. You are actually not doing so bad, Sue. Lots better than I am! ☺️

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love Christmas, that's when I go all out! I have a few Fall decorations but I have taken them out yet. Your's are beautiful, I love all the photos.

CHERI said...

FALL...how I love it! It has finally gotten "a little" cooler here and the leaves are falling everywhere (probably due to it being so very, very dry...no rain for quite some time now). All your decorations are lovely. I am going to check out the LEAVES candle next time I get to a Bath & Body Works. I love candles, but haven't started burning mine yet...it has just seemed too hot:( And I soooo identify with what you said about keeping up with your blog. I love to write and wish I did it more often. I tend to put writing a new post on the back burner all too often. I also love to read many blogs, but it's hard to keep up. I thought I was supposed to have LOTS OF TIME once I retired!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sue! I will add your dear one to my prayers. Love all your decor. Autumn is my favorite too. I'm hoping to do a bit of decorating at the new house in November. {{HUGS}}

Valerie Cottage Making Mommy said...

Happy Fall Sue. All of your decor is gorgeous. I'm about done w the outside decor and am going to rearrange some rooms this weekend and start inside. Hugs

Theresa said...

Your house is looking beautifully FALLISH! Mine is slowly coming along. I have been busy and not blogging every day as usual. I enjoy it so much but just busy with other stuff and can't seem to catch up. Have a blessed day dear friend and I will keep Mr. P and you in my prayers. HUGS!

Mrs. White said...

I love that beautiful Thanksgiving ornament. The picture on it is so charming! I enjoyed reading your description of the fall season. "The crisp mornings" are especially pleasant after the warmth of the summer months. God bless!

Sandra said...

I love Fall too and your decorations are beautiful. I especially like your tree. Oh, and Turkey Man...so cute! I know what you mean about not blogging enough. I've been away from blogging for too long and have really missed it so have decided to return. I've missed reading blogs too so really enjoyed visiting here. Blessings!