Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Tis a wonderful,busy,glorious season~

Written by Sue, Tuesday, December 10, 2019. cloudy warm for this time of year, high temps. 70's ♥️

Each year Mother, Mr P., Susan  and I visit a few dear Ones who are convalescing and take them a few goodies. Isn't she beautiful, 91 yrs. young and can work circles around me. ~wink~

Our first visit was yesterday, with a dear lady, a family member who lives in another town,  who had just returned home from the hospital a week ago, and was doing really well, giving thanks to our Lord for His healing touch. We stayed for almost two hours talking, laughing  and catching up on old and new news. Though we felt the visit was long, she didn't want us to leave. We prayed with her and soon left!

Mother had prepared several meals for her to have this week,  there were gifts and other goodies too!


Since she had been ill there were no Christmas decorations around,  the little lighted gift Mother had made brightened her table next to her chair. Isn't this the cutest evah! Mother made 20 of these, as usual my Mother gave me one too, it has the cutest lights, I just adore.

She also made these lap blankets to give this year, they are cut, edges are hand crocheted by her! 
**********************************************************************
Today, I am catching up on laundry, housework, and blogging, while Mr P. is away from the farm, he asked me to promise not to be climbing on any ladders, my requests to him were, please be careful  while working, look twice before leaving a stop...... kiss, kiss, "I love you"!๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’•
BTW!!! He had a great report from the Dr!

Our Christmas plans are ... Relax, enjoy time with family and friends, be thankful, don't rush, don't stress, set priorities, be kind,  don't go into debt, enjoy great food!

Most of all  we Celebrate the real reason for the season.

Luke 2:14~ "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace good will toward men!"


Blessings upon you and your household,
Sue







15 comments:

Vee said...

(There goes the second comment. At this rate, it’d be easier to email. ๐Ÿ˜ )

Yay that Mr. Pear Tree Lane had a good report!

Your mom is a wonder and an inspiration not to mention beautiful.

Loved the excellent tips you gave for surviving the holidays. Top-notch advice!

NanaDiana said...

Hi Sue, I am so glad that your hubby got a good Dr. report. People that have not had illnesses have no idea how freeing that kind of report can be.
Your mom is beautiful and I only hope that I can do as much as she does when I am her age. God bless her (and you). xo Diana

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your mom is so creative! Anyone would be so tickled to get this gift! Bless you for bringing so much joy to others at this time. You have the real true meaning and spirit of Christmas.

Billie Jo said...

You are amazing, my dear friend!
And your lovely mother!
Wow!
What blessings you are sharing!
Thank you for the inspiration!
Hugs!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How sweet of you and your beautiful Mother! And the handmade gifts and treats are so special. You really show your love to so many! Give your mother my love and thanks for all that she does...she's an inspiration to us all! Happy holidays!

Shug said...

This is so sweet.....and a huge Blessing to so many. I know this was a Blessing to you all as well. Your mom is very pretty. This post made me smile...

Edna B said...

My goodness, is this your Mom? She's beautiful. I hope I look this good when I am 91. She's also very talented. I love her crafts. I think it's wonderful that she makes these blankets for others. You are very Blessed. I'm so glad to hear that Mr. P got a great review from the doctor. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Cheryl said...

Your mom is a wonder . . . as are you!! Merry Christmas to you as you bless those around you!!

happyone said...

Your mother sounds like a very special lady.

ellen b. said...

Love your Christmas plans! Your mom really looks amazing. What a wonderful thing to do in visiting these dear ones who are convalescing and can't get around. A wonderful kindness for sure. God bless you dearly!

Christine said...

Your mother is so precious, loving, giving and thoughtful! I don't have a mom so I am adopting her! Well, at least her spirit.

GrammaGrits said...

Love the picture and words about your mother. What a dear! Gives me good gift ideas, too, for next year! Merry Christmas and blessings in the New Year . . .

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your mother is so talented and what a blessing to everyone she visits.

Rohit Singh said...

When you are trying to get the best plants for your organic landscape, you should take the time to get educated. Chose plants that are suited to growing conditions you already have, rather than trying to build an environment for a plant you didn't properly plan for.
satta king
play bazaar

Unknown said...


If you are around family for most of the day, try to hug them as often as possible. This will make you feel at peace with the people that you care for the most, which will reduce your level of anxiety. Show affection towards the ones you love to eliminate stress.
satta king
play bazaar