Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Moving Right Along~

Written by Sue, Friday, January 17, 2020  cold, breezy, lots of sun temps. 50

It's been a fairly busy week here at the farm, more lambs being born still making preparation for surgery...
Speaking of surgery.
We went for Mr P's last prep appts. on Tuesday, one was for lab work the other was for a class on what to expect and what to do before and after surgery, So much information, to which I am so thankful.We met some really nice people who were about to have the same surgery too!...Again he passed with flying colors. Thank you Lord!

We were driven by Susan as the dr.'s office and hospital are in a fairly large city, lots of traffic, notice I said city, not town,we are used to towns.  ~smile~

Heres another true story, With some advice for all who travel a lot , especially on interstate highways where there is lots of traffic and drivers on cell phones  also speeding.. "Heads UP"

I am stickler for driving the speed limit, and if ever Mr. P. speeds up I will (every so sweetly)remind him of the limit, he often tells me he is speeding to get away from a truck or van hauling things on top of their vehicles, such as ladders. He says they are a hazard and one could come flying off toward us and well, you know the rest.  I would often think wow, that's a good one, not really realizing the danger, I always thought, surely a person would secure their materials.

On our way back home,with Susan driving, he had the opportunity to prove his point, we were driving behind a truck, you guessed it with two ladders. Lucky for us we were in the passing lane, when all of a sudden one of the ladders came flying off the truck and landed behind us , if we had been riding directly behind the truck, I might not be here typing this story.
Sure enough when we passed the truck driver he was on the phone, we pointed to him to look toward the back of his truck.

After giving thanks to our heavenly Father for protection, I told my dh that he was so right,and that he is the smartest person I know! He always sees danger where I don't.You know he was smiling, but not once did he say, "I told you so." Once again, that's my story and I am sticking to it.~wink~

 Today I have been busy giving the bathrooms an early spring  cleaning, i.e.; window washing, fixtures cleaned, cabinets cleaned and organized, ahh!smells so fresh, also catching up on laundry. Do we ever catch up on laundry?

Mr. P was told to stay active up until his surgery, so he is out making some needed repairs on the chicken coop.
Later today we will be taking this lovely lady out for an early birthday dinner. Would you like to read another story?
Last night we called to make plans for today, per our usual evening phone call she was asked what she had done that day.
It seems she wanted to move a recliner from downstairs to an upstairs room, and bring a lounge chair down stairs, so she did, all by herself. Needless to say she got a good talking to from both dh and I, we were not amused at all,so many things could have gone wrong. And that's another story I am sticking with.


Since I  am in limbo about Valentine's Day decorating, I am still enjoying my led candles.


Have a blessed day,
Love,
๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’œ Sue

15 comments:

Vee said...

She what?! How in the world did she even do that? Sometimes, one really would like to be a fly on the wall. (My grandmother changed her own lightbulbs in ceiling mounts...high ceiling mounts. Apparently, she pushed a table beneath the mount, dragged a kitchen chair to it, then a stool. Up on the stool, the chair, the table. Ta da! Somehow, I think your mother’s furniture moving was a lot more interesting.)

Praise God that ladder was not a problem for you and no one else. Daughters who drive in city traffic are a great blessing.

Yay for a good report for your husband. He must be getting eager to get on with it. I saw that you have Linda’s blog on so you know how well she’s doing post surgery. Very encouraging.

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

I'm so glad that you are okay!! I have always worried about things falling off of the back of trucks. We live in logging country, and I am always very careful about NOT being behind one of those very large trucks that haul them...your story is the reason why!!

Good luck to your husband. I know so many people who have had that surgery and they are so glad they did...you will both be in my prayers!

Your candles look beautiful, perfect for Valentines Day!

Have a wonderful week-end!!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

ellen b. said...

Oh my word, your dear mom really did need a talkin to. Recliners are heavy and awkward beasts! Glad she's okay. Also good news on all the lead up to hubby's surgery. I'm always moving away from loaded vehicles that look iffy. So glad you were spared. More people with unsecured loads need to get ticketed. We are going to be enjoying a birthday dinner here tonight for our son and his dear wife. Enjoy the birthday meal with your lovely mother!

Sandi said...

Oh wow...thank God that story was not tragic... :-/ oh...

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I'm so glad your daughter drove you both into the city. The help of our children is always welcomed. What a scary time on the interstate. It's unbelievable the items folks fail to secure. Thank goodness for her attentiveness! I know it must have frightened you to hear about your mother's moving experience--how in the world did she manage that?

Edna B said...

I had this really long comment almost finished and POOF!!! It was gone! Some days I'd like to beat this laptop with a huge hammer until it decides to play nice with me. I'm so glad everything is going well with hubby. I love your rooms. They are beautiful. You have a wonderful evening, hugs, Edna B.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Never trust the elderly! They will do what they can when they can! Your bathroom is lovely. Best wishes for a successful surgery for your husband! He is right with his advice...up here it is hay bales and people hauling too much stuff. One time a whole bunch of rolls of sod came off a truck in front of us.

Buttercup said...

Love reading about lambs! Pictures please for those of us in cities. When I had my hip done, one of my closest friends had her hip replaced at the same hospital six months before. She was a great resource and a comfort the first few days after surgery.

Lorrie said...

Such interesting stories. I hope your husband's surgery goes well. Moving furniture on stairs! She's some woman!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Glad that your hubby went to Pre Op class....Knee or Hip replacement??? I had to go to joint class before my knee surgery... even though I was a Rehab nurse for 37 years, it is quite different being the patient... I love driving on the Interstate,,,I hate all the stops and starts in town with the traffic lights.. But I am leary of the tractor trailers... so I usually pass them as I would rather them behind me than in front of me... I hope you have a great weekend!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Theresa said...

WOW, that was scary about the ladder. I also give my husband tips while driving and he doesn't appreciate my good advice:) Moving furniture up and down stairs at any age is tricky and dangerous, happy for the outcome. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad to hear that the testing went well. Nice that you had someone to drive you. OMG on the ladder!

CHERI said...

Oh dear! So glad God blessed you and got you out of the way of that ladder. You must not live in GA because here it is against the law to drive and talk on your cell phone or text. Of course, I still see people doing it which makes me soooo angry! I just want to scream at them, "Don't you know the law???" I too live in a "town"...small town...and I hate riding in big cities...and I dare not drive in them! My husband's excuse for driving fast on the interstate is..."If you don't, you get run over." Yea...right!!!! I just put my head in a book or work on a crossword because I can't stand to watch...oh, and I pray a LOT!!!! Hope your dh's surgery goes well.

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness, Sue! I am reading some hair-raising tales here to start my day! All I can say to either one of them: Praise the Lord for His protection!!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Sue
Glad to hear hubby came thru the surgery well. Hope he is back on his feet
and all healed up soon. Sending up some prayers for him and you...as you
take care of him. Can't believe your Mom moved all those chairs up and
down the stairs. oh my heavens.......she is quite industrious!! but still
in peril....as I am sure yall reminded her of....
That was something about the ladder coming off the truck, thank the Lord,
you were in that other lane....shew....scary crazy stuff. Lord only knows
how many things he spares us from in a day.
Well you take care and hope you are having a good New Year, other than the
surgery for hubby.
Love and Blessings,
Nellie