Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Here We Are~

Written by Sue, Friday, January 24, 2020   cloudy, showers later, temps. 60
Good morning dear friends, surgery went as planned Mr P. is doing well, we arrived at the hospital very early Wednesday.....
Note...All photos shared with the permission of Mr. P. he loves his photo taken.
Before surgery..


 by noon, surgery was over, he was in his room, with a brand new knee. Later that afternoon he was up walking, I am so amazed at how soon you are up after surgery.


We were scheduled to go home Thursday, but the Dr. decided to keep him until today, for precautionary reasons, it seems he was having more bleeding than what he should, which wasn't unusual with folks who are overachievers during pt, yes! Mr. P. is an overachiever, they placed this brace on to immobilize  his knee.

When the drs. came in this morning, they decided to keep him until tomorrow, Saturday, they want all the bleeding stopped, where the smaller bandage can be placed on his knee, and to see how he does with PT today.

 Here he is using his new toy, he loves this breathing device, this helps the lungs in preventing pneumonia after surgery.


We are both looking forward to getting back home.
 As I am writing this post Dh is resting and getting ready for PT, One of the keys to quick recovery is being active, but not to active to quick, that new knee has got to get adjusted to that leg, and the leg has got to get used to the new knee. Some of the best sleep.

Our stay at Rex UNC Hospital has been phenomenal, we can't say enough about how well we have been treated and of the efficiency of this hospital,  great food too!As far as the Dr, he and his staff have one of the top orthopedic clinics in the USA, he helped invent the very knee replacement that DH now has.

Thank you for all of your kind thoughts and especially all of the prayers.πŸ™πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›


Blessings,
Sue

21 comments:

Sandi said...

"... by noon, surgery was over, he was in his room, with a brand new knee. Later that afternoon he was up walking,"

Isn't that AMAZING??

Theresa said...

What a wonderful report! I hope the knee and the leg work well together for years to come! Prayers coming your way!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thanks for the update; I am so glad it went well; except for the bleeding. He does look good! Sleep? Impossible to sleep in the hospital! He will get much better sleep at home. Good food in a hospital is rare. Keep us posted about the bleeding!

Farm Girl said...

Oh my goodness Sue! I will certainly keep you both in my prayers. God is good. Blessings to you both.

Edna B said...

I'm so glad hubby is doing this well. Hopefully, the bleeding will stop and he will be able to go home on Saturday. My prayers are with you. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

ellen b. said...

I'm glad the doctors are being cautious and keeping him until the bleeding is more under control. Nifty breathing machine. Thankful the food is good since you are stuck there. Praying right now about his release and your drive home...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm sorry to hear about the extra bleeding but glad that he is doing well. He's going to love his new knee!

Vee said...

Wonderful report! I am glad that Mr. Pear Tree Lane has been kept and watched over...so often folks go home too soon. Praying for him to do well and for command central to get used to the new knee asap. Everybody play nice now! Saying a prayer for you as well.

happyone said...

That is great news!! so happy to hear all is going well!!

Cheryl said...

So happy to hear that the surgery was successful and that Mr. P's spirits are up! Now I am praying that his recovery will proceed well, that the bleeding will stop, and that you'll both be home again as soon as possible. {{{Hugs}}} and prayers . . .

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

Good news, I pray that his recovery will be a full one with no complications. It sounds like he is a determined patient, and ready to go home! You will both be in my most sincere prayers!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Buttercup said...

Prayers for Mr. P's quick recovery. I failed at the breathing device when I had my hip done last year. Fortunately, I was up and about (with a walker in the halls) the same day and that was the best pneumonia prevention. So glad his hospital stay was uneventful.

Lorrie said...

So glad that surgery went well. I hope your Over Achiever does well with rehab!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Sue,
So glad to hear your hubby is doing well, and will pray that the bleeding stops so yall can
go home today. Praying he has a very quick recovery as I know he loves working on the farm.
Yea, the breathing things are neat. My hubby had one when he had his open heart surgery
15 yrs. ago. I kept it because I am a shallow breather, so I get it out fairly often
cause it makes me breathe deeper than normal. Which is good. He is sweet to let you take his
pictures during this time....
Well, prayers going up for him and you dear,
Blessings,
Nellie

Christine said...

WHEW! So glad to know he is doing well. And happy to know you are too!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Wow- that is amazing news! I'm glad all went well and that he will be going home soon. Have a blessed weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sue, I have been away and didn't know that your dear husband was having his knee surgery. I will be praying for a swift recovery for him. xo

Billie Jo said...

So happy things went well!!!!!!
Prayers for a quick stay and that you will both be home soon safe, sound, and cozy!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Best of luck to Mr P I will follow closely. My brother had a knee replacement on Jan 23. He got out of the hospital the next day and yes walking the day of surgery. He called this morning he is having some pain and siad if it is like his other knee it will be 28 days of pain.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Glad to hear he is doing well...I had my knee replacement on a Monday at 3pm and was home on Tuesday at 3pm....I was up and walking the evening of the surgery and did steps in PT before I went home...I had my first outpatient physical Therapy session 2 days after surgery on Thursday....Make sure he uses his ice, it will keep the swelling down and make it easier to bend the knee. Did they send him home with a polar ice machine???? I used mine for about a month after surgery until I went to a regular ice pack....Does he have a computer program to log into at home to do his exercises??? They had me doing exercises before the surgery ...I wish him well and prayers for his continued recovery...It can take up to a year for the knee to feel "right". I am 9 months post op and it is still getting better....I still have stiffness at times which I will most likely have forever....
Hugs,
Debbie

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What wonderful news, Sue! It’s so good to know that your dear hubby is doing so well. God bless both of you.