Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

"A love note" ~and an update~

Written by Sue, February 15, 2020  sunny, cold, 40's

As things are returning back to normal, I thought it was time for an update on what's been going on  here at the farmhouse. Mr P. is improving each day, he has graduated from the walker to being able to stand and walk without assistance!

 He is back to driving, he could hardly wait to get the go-ahead to get back behind the wheel, it seems my driving scares him, he says I drive a little to fast for him, most back seat drivers critique their drivers, I think he is paying me back for my critiquing~grin~  I just smiled and  forged ahead to my destination. He still deals with pain, which is expected, therapy is going well, starting this week, we will have gone from three days to two! "Thank you" to everyone for your sweet thoughts, encouragement and prayers.πŸ™πŸ‘

It seems my patient got away from me yesterday, when I went to make coffee this morning, I found this lovely surprise on the kitchen  counter top, I asked myself "How in this world did he get away to go shopping?" I know I wasn't sleeping as I am not usually a daytime sleeper, ('wish I was').
a lovely card with beautiful thoughts, telling me how much he loved me and thanking me for all I had done to help him during this time, πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’• πŸ’–πŸ’–



Last week after Dre and Susan left to go back to their own  lives, my "Farm Girl " skills were   put to the ultimate test, I must say the first day, I failed miserably, as I was about to let the floodgates overflow with tears, I looked up into the heavens and there was the most beautiful, clear, full moon.   I knew then, that everything was going to be okay,  My heavenly Father's timing is always so perfect, so by the time Charlie came by to help close up the chickens, ducks, and turkeys, I was fine.

James 1:2~3 My brethren, count it all joy  when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

I had made the mistake of trying to lock them up to early, I had chased the ducks and turkeys for one hour trying to get them in, but they would not,  until it was dark, I finally gave up and waited. If I could have choked that "Gobbler" I would have, ~grin~when the ducks went in he would somehow get them to come out.
Here is the trouble maker strutting this afternoon.

But before this happened, I made my first mistake of letting the sheep graze on the front lawn, they didn't want to graze they followed me everywhere baaing, and baaing, one lamb ran into the woods,I fell twice trying to catch him, it seems they were wanting some extra treats, Dre had spoiled them every day giving them treats, whereas we only give treats twice a week, because they have hay and pasture to eat. ,

Needless to say, the sheep are staying in the pasture, and I am waiting until it is completely dark to try and close up the chicken houses. It doesn't take a second time for me to learn!~wink~

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day, again,  "Thank you" so much for your sweet thoughts and prayers.

 Normal is more beautiful than ever to us! Mr P. is so happy to be getting his independence back, I am happy to see him getting back to normal!

"A love note"
 I love music boxes, especially old or antique ones,  and have been collecting them for years, here are two that present Mr. P and myself to a tee, he agrees! Wink~

 This is us when we first met and fell in love, I was wishing for a proposal, and got it! hmmm We both must have been wishing for the same thing., you think!~wink~

 This is us today, more in love than ever, and living our dream of growing old together.


Love from me to you,
Sue

21 comments:

Sandi said...

"Normal is more beautiful than ever to us! "

Never underestimate the blessings of a normal day. :)

Barb said...

Hi Sue!

What a good report on your sweetheart!! Taking care of a farm isn't easy, I'm so glad you survived! I love the candy and especially the music boxes, they are beautiful!

Have a very blessed Sunday! XO

Hugs and Love,
Barb

happyone said...

Oh what a time of it you've had with the animals.
Those chocolates sure look good.
I too have a collection of music boxes!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

HI Sue,
Lovely post. Glad you had a sweet Valentines day and very glad to hear your hubby is on the mend. Know you probably were sad to see your kids go but so very nice they were able to be
such a help during this time.
Such cute music boxes....and so neat that they are so meaningful as well.....

Glad you finally got your animal corralled.....lol
Sounds like you had a fun time of it........oh my! Glad you didn't hurt yourself....
Seems they have their own time table......guess they have their routines just like we folks
do. lol

Take care sweetie,
Blessings,
Nellie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Glad to hear your hubby is coming along nicely!! It is a long process and I have been told it will take up to a year....I am 10 months post op now...
Hugs,
Debbie

Betty said...

I have been away from blogging for awhile and catching up now. Good to hear about Mr P. I will be having both my knees replaced this year and it is scary. I love the little statues, they are so cute.

Edna B said...

I'm so glad that hubby is doing well. I just love your music boxes. You be careful while you're out with the animals. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad everything is getting back to normal. I had to laugh, because if I am gone and one of my sons is taking care of my chickens they try to put them to bed to early too. I am glad you are a quick learner.
Your sheep are lovely.
You have such a sweet hubby.
Lovely pictures too.
Thank you for sharing.

NanaNor's said...

Dear Sue, Somehow I've been out of the loop with your blog-I'm not sure when I got behind, but obviously quite awhile ago because I don't know what happened to your man??? I am so glad that his surgery is over and he is doing PT. I'll be praying for him, for complete restoration and healing.
I also wanted to ask you about Maca-I've never heard of it before and since I use lots of supplements and herbs this would be a good one to know. I understand about slipping occasionally and eating chocolate. Hubby bought be a big box of See's candy and red roses. It was so sweet, but with chocolate in the house, I can't resist.
Sending you love and hugs.
Noreen

Theresa said...

Oh dear friend, it sounds like normal living is just around the corner for you and your patient! I was raised on a farm and I know that tending to the animals is lots of work. I pray that each day brings you closer to the way things were. Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

Anonymous said...

Sue, so good to hear that your husband is on the mend. I can relate to the driving. My husband insists on driving!! You poor thing on rounding up the animals. I am wondering what kind of treats sheep eat!!? That turkey looks a bit menacing to me. I'd be like - whatever you want turkey! xo

ellen b. said...

Dear Sue, thank you for the update and news from your farm. Way to go... plugging forward and getting that work done. Sweet boxes with those young and old couples on them. Glad you got some Valentine treats from your dear hubby!

living from glory to glory said...

Oh, you made me smile, I can just see you trying to herd the flocks in before dark! I am so glad Hubby is healing and that you are holding down the fort or shall I say farm...Love to you sweet friend xoxo
Roxy

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh My! I LOVE those music boxes! What treasures!!! Now, to the chickens, turkeys, and sheep...wow...you are a trooper! I wouldn't have known what to do at all! No wonder you were about in tears...and thank the Lord for His lovely moon in the sky to light your way when things seemed dim. So thankful your hubby is getting back to normal. I know he must be happy too. I wonder who is happier...you or him? Love that he remembered to give you a special Valentine treat. What a sweetie! You are blessed. This was wonderful. thank you.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What lovely figurines! Good to hear your report about Mr P. My brother has graduated to a cane also but no driving yet and yes he has a fair amount of pain when he is up an about. Sounds like quite the animal troubles:) Take all kind of treats with you!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Me again!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to let me know that you did by leaving such a sweet comment!!
Hugs,
Debbie

wisps of words said...

Glad your husband is doing so well...

But oh my, you do have an awful lot of work to do, on your farm! I'm glad you are up for it. -smile-

Gentle hugs
*•.¸πŸ’›¸.•*

wisps of words said...

Feb. 24, 2020

Ohhhh.... -clapping hands- I LOVE your new Blog Look!!!!! Yessssss!!!!! So pretty...

We are both getting inspired to change-things-up, in our blog.

I love doing this, and am so happy, to have found another blogger, who does toooo.

*•.¸πŸ’›¸.•*

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh Sue, I’m glad your hubby is getting back into the swing of things. Normal is such a good place to be. Wasn’t that the sweetest of him to buy you a box of chocolates?? Your music boxes are just precious. You’re lucky and blessed to have each other.

Linda said...

Catching up tonight on all your posts that I’ve missed! I’m so glad your husband is doing well with his recovery! It’s a journey!
You are such an amazing lady! God bless you and all that you do!

Charlotte Johnson said...

Cigarette smoking is the number one risk factor for lung cancer,cigarette smoking is linked to about 80% to 90% of lung cancer deaths. Lung cancer is the most common form of the disease in the world and 90 percent of all cases are caused by cigarette smoking. About 10 to 15 percent of smokers develop lung cancer — although they often die of other smoking-related causes like heart disease, stroke or emphysema. lung cancer often goes unnoticed in its early stages. As the disease develops, a persistent cough  develop and chronic cough worsen. including chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, bloody fluid coughed up from the respiratory tract, and frequent bouts of bronchitis or pneumonia. Sometimes all your bones begin pains or hurts you so bad, headaches, dizziness,I was so pissed off and tired of my life,after I developed lung cancer from cigarette smoking and I was at the point of death,through my boredom I was surfing the internet then  I came across re Dr James herbal mix. who said he can cure lung cancer with his herbal mix and got herbal cleansers from smoking too.I really thought it was a joke until I have gotta try. when I contacted him,he said yes he can. so little time I thought  about it and bought the herbal medicine which I took couple of week to get to me.within one week of taken it I started seeing  a lots of changes till  I was totally cured. his treatment is so unique,I never thought i will be able to be free from Lung Cancer and smoking treat too.He saved my life and I'm strong and healthy right now.You can speak with Him direct on his mobile/whatsapp  +2348152855846
E-mail  drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com