Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~"A Little Of This, And A Little Of That"~

Written by Sue, Monday, February 24, 2020  Rain today, again, temps. 50's

I am beginning to think about spring planting and spring decorating, how about you?

The quote, “You can’t understand someone until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.”  or should I say boots! Is so true!

Having to try and fill Mr. P.'s boots has been such a learning experience for me, and a renewed appreciation for  all that he does around here to keep this farm moving along! I will admit that those boots are way to big for me to fill! They are very warm,though, to which I am so appreciative. ~wink~

I learned so much about myself, and of the meaning of the word, "diligence." Having had so much rain of late has produced a lot of "muck", to which I am trying to become accustom to! I  also learned of having to bury animals without blaming myself, and the credit goes to Dh, who encouraged me to accept that is a way of life on a farm. And so it goes......

When I stand before God at the end of my life I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, " I used everything you gave me."

~Erma Bombeck~
I share Erma's desire!!!

Well, well well, we finally got a taste of winter last week, after weeks of really nice warm spring weather with rain, we had our first snowfall last Thursday  and hopefully our last one. ~wink~ 

When sunshine smiles on snow it just glows, just as God's reflection upon us produces a glow!



It left as fast as it came, which is my kind of snow. ~grin~ seeing the snow fall is probably the only thing I like about having snow here, (which I didn't get to see, as it was nighttime) however, I do enjoy all of your snow photos. ~wink~



What a difference a few hours can make in the south.


Took this on my  way out to feed the chickens, one of my favorite places to rest!

Rose garden., I am so looking forward to seeing it bloom again




If you live in the country, you probably have your own water well, as we do, that means you are responsible for having water pumped from the ground, flowing through the pipes into your home, but occasionally something goes wrong with your water pump as was the case with us today. We are so thankful that a friend who repairs water pumps was available so quickly this morning.  It seems that the water tank had a bladder problem , now, who ever heard of a water tank having a bladder problem, ummm! isn't that the  silliest thing you have heard today?  Yep! that's the very words our plumber,(friend) used!

Being inquisitive as I am, I asked Mr P. his response the tank has another tank on the inside, it had sprung a leak, the you have a bladder leak! Thanks honey!


Update! 
Mr P is doing exceptionally well, PT today, would you believe he looks forward to going, I wonder if having some cute therapists might have something to do with it, Hmmmm

When I stand before God at the end of my life I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, " I used everything you gave me."
Erma Bombeck



Blessings,
Sue



18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the Erma Bombeck quote! Did you know that she needed a kidney transplant? Many fans offered her theirs, but she refused, saying others were before her in line. I love your special place!!

Edna B said...

You're doing great kiddo. Thank goodness for those wonderful boots! I love the Erma Bomback quote and am saving it for me. At least your snow isn't lasting very long. Spring is almost here and soon your rose garden will be in bloom again. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Vee said...

Glad that you have had the chance to walk in the Mr.’s shoes just to learn all that he does to keep things moving along. You have done a fine job stepping up to the plate. Sorry about the leak and glad that your friend was able to fix it. Any hiccup in operations can upset things.

No, I doubt that there is a cute therapist who could cause your hubby to enjoy therapy. He just wants to get back to helping on the farm. Wonderful that he is doing so very well.

Keep dreaming of spring. It will be there before you know it. Can you believe that it was in the 50s here today? It felt like spring even with snow on the ground.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is a beautiful photo you took walking out to feed the chickens. I agree with your statement “You can’t understand someone until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.”

Sandi said...

"I used everything you gave me."

☺️

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

It is so hard to fill your hubby’s shoes, Sue! I’m glad that he’s doing so well and enjoys therapy!! That quote from Erma Bombeck is such a beautiful one to hold in our hearts. 💕

Pam said...

HAHA...SHAME that its the end of the season before you see WINTER! haha...like here in TN, no snow, no flurries all winter till that silly groundhog said spring and this week we will have another day of flurries. Be the third since the critter said that S word!!! But, we have not had any snow....would really like to have some one yr soon.

ellen b. said...

Always so great to get those well issues taken care of fast. What a blessing. You have some lovely spots on your property. Good job trying to fill those shoes girl! Happy last week of February to you!

Shug said...

thankful that Mr. P is doing well. Perfect quote from Emma Bombeck for me to read today. thank you! Enjoyed the snow pictures. would love to have snow...maybe next year. Know all too well about those pumps...can be a huge issue if you don't stay on top of them. Have a Blessed day

Barb said...

Hi Sue~

Way to step up...even wearing the boots, I love it!! I think it's good sometimes to do our husbands work, and them ours, we all appreciate those jobs a little more.

I love the Erma Bomback quote, I'm pretty sure I fallen short of using the God given talents that I possess, I need to step it up!

So glad you got your the water running! With spring right around the corner you will need it. Your pictures of snow were beautiful, if you miss it, I could ship you a little of ours ;0)

Thank you for sharing, Sue, I always love to read your posts!

Have a good Tuesday!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

happyone said...

We just don't realize all the work that others do until we have to do it. I love the little birds!!

Cheryl said...

You do have some big shoes to fill, but if anybody can begin to fill them, it's you, Sue!! I am happy to hear that Mr. P is doing so well and is preparing to put his shoes back on. 😉 I am also happy that your water pump issue was put to rights so quickly.

Enough snow for you? Ready for springtime now? Me too!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes we have a well too and our pressure tank has a bladder too! County stuff is a bit difficult sometimes! Looks like Mr P is getting along quite well! :)

Christine said...

God has you in the right place, at the right time! Mr. P and the Farm would be lost if you weren't there to help! That is the beauty of being married and trusting God!

Your pictures are wonderful!
I'll keep praying for both of you!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad, Sue, that your husband is doing better. Praise the Lord!!

Oh I could not bear having to bury little animals. You are far braver than I. {{HUGS}}

I am trying to hold out until mid-March to decorate for spring... xo

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What an interesting and full life you live on a farm! Never a dull moment...even leaky bladders! I've had that before, oh, excuse me...you meant with the water tank. LOL. I know you will be so thankful when your hubby is able to get back out and around and take over, but look at all you are learning. Although it sounds like it hasn't all been that wonderful...but God gives us grace as we need it, doesn't He? Praying that Mr. P. continues to improve, and then what will YOU do all day? (smiles). Have a blessed rest of week.

Theresa said...

You are doing an awesome job filling in for Mr. P! I know he is very proud of you and it's a good experience. YES GIRL, I want to use all of my talents too. Love that quote! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Unknown said...

Your doing great filling up Mr Ps shoes, I am sorry boots. It is one heck of a rugged boot I love to have. And you right. Taking over for someone’s work is tough. It is a great learning process. No doubt a tough job and the farm certainly looks prim and proper and yes, spring is close. Please visit us at https://www.bloghasting.com/