Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

~Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard is overflowing~

Written by Sue, Sunday evening, July 12, 2020  hot hot hot, humid humid humid, high 90's it must be summer.

Would you like to know what I've been up to? I am in what I call "my season of preparation"!
Summer is when we grow lots of vegetables and fruits for preserving and enjoying fresh from garden to table.

This what  my dining room looks like today,I am running out of space, this week I will getting the pantry organized and filled with  corn, beans, tomatoes, potatoes, peas, carrots,salsa, relishes if I can find a veggie or fruit, I will either freeze it or preserve it in a jar.๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‹
This is what my kitchen counter top looks like today, here I have homemade meat sauce, which I use with all kinds of pasta dishes, such as lasagna, spaghetti, even on pizza. The bright red jars are canned tomatoes, the yellow jars are pineapple, the green jars are the last of the green beans.

I alway try canning something new each season, last week Aldi's had pineapples on sale for $1.19 each, I use a lot of pineapple in my baking, and cooking, and find it rather pricy, I said, "why not", It turned out perfect, I made chunky,


 and crushed, both were delicious.What? Did you not think I was going to try this sweet stuff, oh, yes I /we did!๐Ÿ˜ฑ

A vegetable that I have always wanted to can was carrots,since we grew them this year,


I said, "why not". I am looking forward to trying these with a pot roast!


We have also had wonderful times with family, celebrating birthdays and summer holidays, so not all has been work. For example we were leaving daughter's place recently,(after celebrating a special birthday, on the menu buffalo steak, so delicious) when we saw  on the patio 

this fella, busy as he could be weaving a web,
 it was so fascinating to see how fast he was spinning the web, only a matter of seconds between theses shots.As you can see it doesn't take a lot to make me happy! 

Sending lots of Love and Smiles your way,
Sue

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, that is a lot of deliciousness! All I can think of is how my back would hurt!! I adore your bay window; I have always wanted one. And how you have the plants on it. I love your entre dining room!!

Vee said...

That all looks so pretty! Good healthful eating right there. It must be fun for you to try new things to can like the pineapple and carrots.

As for the spider, I'd have grabbed the broom and done him in...and missed the blessing. ๐Ÿ•ธ๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ธ

ellen b. said...

Wowzers! That is an abundance of goodness that you have canned. I am amazed and impressed. Well done!

Lorrie said...

Wow! You are one busy homemaker! Lots of good eating there. I canned pineapple when we lived in the tropics - it's yummy. I've never watched a spider spinning a web - fascinating!
No heat and humidity here - it's a cool summer so far. I wish it would heat up a little so my tomatoes can really get going. Have a good week.

Susie said...

wow you have been busy. I can not even imagine the work. It a beautiful work of art all lined up and ready for winter. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Edna B said...

My goodness, you have been busy! My daughter Audrey has been canning a lot too. I love pineapple. It's going to taste super wonderful when You are enjoying in during the winter. I'm like you. I'm easy to please. I love your spider photos. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

happyone said...

You sure have been busy. It all looks delicious.

Mevely317 said...

Yummm! 'Have to say, were your kitchen and dining room was a gift shop, I'd be right there with cash in hand. I've never attempted to can/preserve anything, but sure enjoy the bounty of folks like you who do!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

You are amazing! No wonder you don't have time for blogging lately! but what a bounty of beauty and deliciousness! Wow! Would love to come dine at your table!! And that spider is very industrious! Love to watch them work. They are amazing web designers!! Have a blessed and wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

Sue, your canning treasures are amazing! Wow. I'd love to see a picture of your pantry all lined with your gorgeous bounty! Great work, my friend! ♥

Christine said...

I just LOVE visiting the Farm!
Spiders included!

Buttercup said...

Wow! What a bounty. I'm especially awed by the pineapple. How wonderful to have "fresh" pineapple whenever you want it.

Theresa said...

GREAT job! My Mama always did this. I just don't and admire you for all of that hard work. Have a blessed day and if you see me move in next door, you will know why:) HUGS!

Farm Girl said...

My goodness Sue! That is amazing. I still have so much left from last year, because since we moved, no garden for me this year. I was even thinking today how I might be able to get some things and do some canning anyway. I always love seeing what you have done, I love seeing the pineapple.
Everything looks so pretty,

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Wow! You have been BUSY! The last thing I canned was salsa and that was about ten years ago. I wish I weren't so lazy nowadays!

CHERI said...

The first thing I thought of as I began to scroll through your photos was WOW WOW WOW!!!!! Girl, you have been busy!!!!! My husband would absolutely love you!!! He grew up in a farming family and always helped his grandmother every summer with the canning and freezing. Unfortunately for him, he did not marry a farm girl! We do put up vegetables in the freezer each summer though. We do it together and when we complete our task I just see the joy on his face:) I still can't get over all you've done though! As soon as my hubby comes downstairs I'm going to show him...he will be super impressed (and envious)!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow you have been busy! Your jars are beautiful!

LORI HIRST said...

THERE IS A CURE FOR HIV/AIDS
 Never give up in life they all said there is no cure for HIV, which is a big lie I have passed through many processes. Also, I never believed there is really a cure to HIV/AIDS until I met Dr. James. The doctor that has been helping people for many years, I came across this doctor online when I was searching for an HIV permanent cure online. I found out about Dr. James, and to my greatest surprise Dr. James has the herbal medicine for HIV cure which I have been looking for years I explained my problems to him through the email I found on someone who testified about Dr. James herbal mix write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr. James instructed me, I was very happy after 21 days I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I went for a test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy after all I have been through. You can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now  (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com)  And He also has herbs medicine to cure the following diseases; Nephrotic Syndrome, eczema, urethra wart, chronic problems. Herpes, Cancer, ALS, Autism, Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV infections, Hives, shingles, blistering, ulcer, Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson's disease. Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count.  Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Weak Erection.  Erysipelas, Typhoid, Discharge from Penis. HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism, thyroid,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. Contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  and email him  @  Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com.

Krasimir Todor said...

Thank to Mr. Benjamin for helping me acquire my VA Mortgage loan. It was great receiving my loan of $900,000 USD from this loan lender. My name is Krasimir Todor am Belgian. I got my loan from this reputable loan lender on the 20th of November 2019 and I want to quickly use this medium to tell everyone here that you can acquire any loan from this credible loan company. A VA loan lender is not easy to come by and it must be recommended by the Department of Veteran Affairs. Mr Benjamin will give you loans at low-interest rates of 2% rate and very fast. Get your loans at Email: 247officedept@gmail.com or on Whatsapp number: + 1-989-394-3740