Pear tree lane Farmhouse

~Welcome home~

This blog is dedicated to my dear family who live many miles away, and to you dear ladies , who have a heart for keeping the home fires burning. You, who love and cherish your family, and have a desire to create a home that says "Welcome, you are loved and cared for."

My desire is that when you leave that you will be encouraged and know that you too are loved.

Sue~

Wednesday Hodgepodge~ Yay fall is here!

Written by Sue, Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2020~ a cool crisp, sunny, fall day,temps. 60's 

I am joining Joyce our hostess and other friends for Wednesday Hodgepodge, hope you enjoy and will join too, thank you Joyce for taking the time to allow us to share our thoughts.






1. It's fall y'all. What's something you love about this season and also something you don't? 

Fall is my most favorite season, I love seeing the leaves change from bright green to gold, rust, and all shades of red and orange,  it seems almost daily that they are changing. But most of all the intense heat we experience in the south begins to subside, mornings are crisp and the evening are cool.
At this moment I can't think of anything I don't like about fall.

This image is an old one, but our trees will soon be as brilliant, this is also my daily walking path, it never gets old no matter the season.



2. When you think of the colors of fall, which one is your favorite? Is there somewhere you could easily day trip to see the leaves in all their glory? Will you? 



Oh my! I love them all, as you can see by the photo. We could  travel to the foot hills of the mountains but will probably stay near home this year, for obvious reasons. 

3. What's one thing you've let 'fall' by the wayside during this season of staying home and staying away? 

   My browsing of favorite antique shops/ boutiques which I miss. But what I miss most is not being able to visit the nursing facilities where my DH's aunt resides, and other precious family and friends!😢😭

4. If you're wearing a sweater is it most likely a cardigan, crew neck, v-neck, or zip up hoodie? 
    Crew neck!

5. What's your secret to dealing with change? 

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
  I find it so amazing that seasons come and go, and as each approaches I look forward with much anticipation as to what they will bring, just as they are leaving I am ready  for the next season to come, some more than others such as this season that is now here!  😉😜 🍂🍂
I also love the fragrance of fall, apple butter,pumpkin pie, a pot of soup simmering on the stove. Okay "I LOVE FALL".
I made apple butter a few weeks ago, so I dressed them up just for today, 


May you day and season,
 be filled with much joy,
 peace and happiness,
Sue



p.s. I apologize for the mixed script, this is my first time using the new blogger format!



15 comments:

Martha said...

The photo of your walking path is breathtaking! Enjoy your favorite season :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

your apple butter containers are beautiful! And that row of orange trees...wish I could walk it. Isn't the new blogger so NOT user friendly!

Vee said...

Yes, the NEW is a challenge. I have to make many edits because I can't stand the wonky fonts and whacked sizing.

Another one who loves fall! I thought everybody loved fall, but found out differently in my comments. That's a fun photo of your daughter and granddaughters.

ellen b. said...

So happy to see your post pop up! It was good to read your answers. What a cute new header!! Love it. Happy Fall too you and yours on the farm!

Mrs.T said...

So good to see a post from you, Sue! I love fall also -- my very favorite season. All of the photos on my own Hodgepodge post are older ones as the leaves are just beginning to turn here ...

Apple butter --- mm-mmm! You are a preserver extraordinaire for sure!

Susie said...

Sue, There's so many beautiful things about fall. That walking path is so nice, I would love to walk there. I love apple butter too. Seeing the pretty canned foods in the previous post sent me back in time. My aunt would can so many different things and I loved seeing the colors lined up. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Linda said...

I love everything about how you love FALL!!

Lorrie said...

Fall is a wonderful season. I'm not fond of the colours of fall, but I like the way the world becomes softer and more gentle, and at the same time, a bit wilder with storms and wind.

Susan said...

I love your fall pictures. Now I need to get some apple butter!

Willow said...

I'm not a fan of the new blogger, either. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
I love anything apple and oh my, I love pumpkin pie!

happyone said...

What a beautiful tree lined street you get to walk down. Love it.

CHERI said...

Love, love, love FALL! We don't get all the beautiful leaves here in south GA...doesn't get cold enough to affect them (or something like that). Also it takes awhile here for FALL to take hold. I enjoyed reading all your answers.

Cheryl said...

Mmmmm . . . I think I can smell the aroma of fall at your house . . . the apple butter, the simmering soup . . .

Fall is my favorite too, Sue! I am soaking up the cooler temperatures these days, and noticing the subtle changes in color. Happy fall to you and yours!

Edna B said...

What beautiful photos. No wonder this is your favorite season. With views like this, oh my! I love apple butter. My daughter makes it every year too. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

My Tata's Cottage said...

That walking path is so lovely. I am here too if you have a moment to stop in and say hello annesphamily.blogspot.com
We still have some warmer days but very cool nights and great sleeping weather.
I need to be more like my mom was always putting up applesauce and other delightful things.
My friend LOrna makes some great apple butter. Y U M !
I hope your day is blessed and beautiful. Take care xo